PDA

View Full Version : FAR CRY 5 custom map competition

Kemet nubia
06-25-2017, 05:44 AM
So it's been a few years since I've been on the scene but i'm back with new youtube content due to the announcement of Far cry 5. Thanks to Fallen Champ and ImgonagetUsucker. I'm very interested in (life after far cry) as in multiplayer and map editing hoping we can get to host user created maps with an easy to set up lobby system, anyway because i've recently upgraded my home studio i have an Avermedia lite game capture card (in great condition) collecting dust so i've decided to set up a map building competition which will start in the beginning of July and end in September of this year the winner will receive the game capture card plus i will showcase the winning map but this is for consoles only (Xbox1 and Ps4) If you are interested let me know also i would like you guys to check my youtube videos so you know what you're in for....Let's have some fun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_5OrmKmGi0

Fallen-Champ
06-26-2017, 03:19 PM
I will try to make something for this Kemet.

ImGonaG3tUsucka
07-05-2017, 04:16 PM
I'm sure you can enter either one. Sabotur. I going to make a map too but since I may be a judge. I won't be putting this map in a contest. I am doing one just for fun. I hope to have it done in a week.

Punish69th
07-09-2017, 07:47 PM
It's been 39 years since I was in Montana. It still looks the same from what I saw in the game. There are plenty of scrap material in the building blocks to use in making buildings but it would be tough. I've made a few churches in some of my western and ww1, ww2 maps so it can be done. I am looking forward to FC5 to see what will transpire.

Kemet nubia
07-21-2017, 05:10 PM
looks like ima have to start a list

akilyoung
07-21-2017, 08:19 PM
Sup dude, I just created a map on PS4 called 'Hope County_Farmland'

Its pretty difficult and requires a lot of use of the building cover, and running around a lot.

Its kind of a remixed version of Falls End.

I wanted to do a lot more, but the memory limit sucks on console, so I plan on getting FC5 on my PC, plus the IGE is way better on PC anyways.

I planted an entire farm and had to remove it, cause that alone ate up the entire budget! So I put the tall dead grass with flowers in its place...

I also remixed an older map I made and named it 'HopeCounty_Campground' If you want an extra map to play around in check it out...

Kemet nubia
07-22-2017, 09:43 PM
What's your gamer tag?

akilyoung
07-22-2017, 10:35 PM
akilyoung on PS4

Kemet nubia
07-22-2017, 10:55 PM
okay cool ill check it out, i will have to make a list for everyone entering in this competition, glad you are participating.

akilyoung
07-24-2017, 02:13 PM
btw send me a friend request on PS4

EDIT: I sent you one

ImGonaG3tUsucka
07-25-2017, 02:18 PM
okay cool ill check it out, i will have to make a list for everyone entering in this competition, glad you are participating.

I made this map to help motivate map editors too get back into the editor. Also to enter kemets contest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7YoDcalWaQ&t=1s

akilyoung
07-25-2017, 07:19 PM
You did a great job recreating that map Lazy Mapper. Funny how many assets actually look the same as what is used in FC5! The map I made is in the same vibe, but totally rearranged, kinda like the town next to Falls End basically...

ImGonaG3tUsucka
07-25-2017, 11:09 PM
You did a great job recreating that map Lazy Mapper. Funny how many assets actually look the same as what is used in FC5! The map I made is in the same vibe, but totally rearranged, kinda like the town next to Falls End basically...

Thanks akilyoung!

I would love to check your map out or see a video of it. Maybe Steve or Kemet will do a video for it. They have a PS4. I could port it over to PC if they don't. I'm sure one of them will. Be sure to ask Steve Botter to include a direct link to map swapper so I could check out on PC. Or better yet you could port it over to PC and Do an enhanced version.

akilyoung
07-25-2017, 11:49 PM
Unfortunately I dont have FC4 on PC believe it or not.

It could really use the PC power and additional memory though. Its really nothing fancy, as a matter of fact it is one of the most basic (imo) maps Ive made, but I reall was trying to keep with the FC5 theme, which meant the town was pretty flat. I did add in a few areas of rolling small hills to use as cover, as well as a creek and higher plateau homestead though.

I planted the entire lower farm initially with plants, and instantly hit the memory budget...wtf?!?!

So I had to delete all that, use collection grass/flowers instead.

I also had to stay away from smaller details, cause I was at the limit.

Any one of you guys is welcome to swap it to PC and add in what it needs to really make it shine, or even change around a few things. I trust your judgement.

Im not sure how to get it to you though, Maybe Steve(anorexic buddah) might know? He has it on PS4 and PC now.