PDA

View Full Version : Once and for all - Is flicker zone a reportable exploit?? Ubi? help

Duuklah
06-25-2017, 05:44 AM
I fought an Orochi tonight who was using the Flicker zone like 3 times per fight VS my rookie WL because he said I was spamming heabutt.. Of course I was spamming headbutt because he was turtleing..

First of all I'm pretty sure that the flicker zone where it flashes one direction then comes out as a zone attack is a known exploit. "we are working on it" is what I heard in the last few Warriors Dens.

So in the mean time IS THIS CHEATING? EXPLOITING? WHAT??

That_guy44
06-25-2017, 07:50 AM
400 ms for an attack is already fast enough. No need to add insult to injury by giving a false indicator.

XxHunterHxX
06-25-2017, 11:36 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lbRX1wBoy4&t=1229s

No since truetalent is playing vs a developer here and he dose the flicker by mistake so he says

SirCorrino
06-25-2017, 12:18 PM
Anyone who does it more than once a match gets a cheating report. I usually don't bother to video it and send a support ticket, though. Maybe I should make a compilation and send a mass report.

RatedChaotic
06-25-2017, 12:43 PM
It probly wasnt about you. Sounds like the guy was preppin for rank mode. Rank modes bring out the devil in people and exploiters follow. Be sure they will do anything for that higher ranking even if its lying to you to hide true intentions for later.

kweassa1
06-25-2017, 01:51 PM
Probably counts as a mild glitch which borders on the boundaries of legitimacy and abuse.

Better it be fixed tho'.

Pain-Seeker
06-25-2017, 03:27 PM
I mained orochi for whole season 1 so i can tell you zone is really important to him , even the msot skilled players use it 2 or 3 in one round . Sure there might be some players that are actualy eploiting the flicker but most players arent doing it on purpouse . Since you dont have to think about what direction you are going with to use zone you just hit LB + RB and when your guard happens to be in different location than the zone is coming from it will flicker . I dont think there are many players who think like" iam going for a zone i ll change my guard to top so it flickers" . This is just a bug that ubisoft is responsible for . When i see a PK abusing her zone its a different story , she has many more tools than orochi and using it constantly is just a huge pain but i never once reported anyone for it .

RatedChaotic
06-25-2017, 05:07 PM
I mained orochi for whole season 1 so i can tell you zone is really important to him , even the msot skilled players use it 2 or 3 in one round . Sure there might be some players that are actualy eploiting the flicker but most players arent doing it on purpouse . Since you dont have to think about what direction you are going with to use zone you just hit LB + RB and when your guard happens to be in different location than the zone is coming from it will flicker . I dont think there are many players who think like" iam going for a zone i ll change my guard to top so it flickers" . This is just a bug that ubisoft is responsible for . When i see a PK abusing her zone its a different story , she has many more tools than orochi and using it constantly is just a huge pain but i never once reported anyone for it .

Will you bet your life on that? I wouldnt.

Yoshimitsu_440
06-25-2017, 07:03 PM
I fought an Orochi tonight who was using the Flicker zone like 3 times per fight VS my rookie WL because he said I was spamming heabutt.. Of course I was spamming headbutt because he was turtleing..

First of all I'm pretty sure that the flicker zone where it flashes one direction then comes out as a zone attack is a known exploit. "we are working on it" is what I heard in the last few Warriors Dens.

So in the mean time IS THIS CHEATING? EXPLOITING? WHAT??

I loled at this, blame players because ubi ****ed up their game

NOT_PeaceKeeper
06-25-2017, 07:41 PM
Nah bruh Ubi just needs to fix it

Jarl.Felix
06-25-2017, 08:13 PM
Don't expect Ubiass to fix any exploits/bugs . If it's not a gamebreaking bug AND all the community uses (warden glitch) they won't even bother :)

Rikuto01.tv
06-25-2017, 08:44 PM
Every player has equal access to it therefore its not cheating.

The use of minor glitches has been considered fair use in competition in the FGC for more than twenty years as long as it doesn't completely break the game. I see no reason that FH should be treated any differently. You are not special little snowflakes.

pancakerz
06-25-2017, 09:06 PM
I play Orochi and I've been accused of using the flicker glitch when I didn't even know what it was.
It's just something that happens, it's not the players fault.

You could argue that players who know about it are then abusing it, but the Orochi already has so few options in combat that cutting out the zone would be fairly significant. Especially considering you already only have to block in 2 directions when fighting against an Orochi.

ViciousOphidian
06-25-2017, 09:48 PM
Don't play WL or LB and he won't flicker you. Problem solved.

SirCorrino
06-25-2017, 10:41 PM

The use of minor glitches has been considered fair use in competition in the FGC for more than twenty years as long as it doesn't completely break the game. I see no reason that FH should be treated any differently. You are not special little snowflakes.

So exploiting bugs for personal advantage is not cheating now? Just because everyone has equal opportunity to exploit it? So the Warden 1HKO was fine?

And this is not a traditional fighting game, and does not and should not play by the same rules. This is a team game, and I think it was a huge mistake of the devs to include duels and explicitly make it something they consider for balance. In a team game 1v1 should never be more than a casual side-show as it detracts from the team balance and only attracts people who want everything to balanced around 1v1 rather than the team modes.

That_guy44
06-25-2017, 10:48 PM
And this is not a traditional fighting game, and does not and should not play by the same rules. This is a team game, and I think it was a huge mistake of the devs to include duels and explicitly make it something they consider for balance. In a team game 1v1 should never be more than a casual side-show as it detracts from the team balance and only attracts people who want everything to balanced around 1v1 rather than the team modes.

Where do you get the notion this game is only a team game? What you said could go both ways. Like why would they add 4v4. Whats makes this game on viable for team modes?

SirCorrino
06-25-2017, 11:06 PM
Where do you get the notion this game is only a team game? What you said could go both ways. Like why would they add 4v4. Whats makes this game on viable for team modes?

Sure, they could have made it primarily a 1v1 game, but the vast majority of publicity surrounding the game, from the initial announcement up until release was focusing primarily on 4v4 (mainly Dominion) and very, very little on the 1v1 aspect. It is pretty clear the game was intended to be a team game from the start and not a 1v1 duel game. And they should keep that in mind for balancing, but it appears whoever is in charge now has lost sight of the initial vision.

UbiNoty
06-25-2017, 11:45 PM
We're working on fixing the flicker bug - and until that fix is released you are free to report it to us if you'd like.
We'll certainly investigate, but we're not currently treating it as something that can be sanctioned unless we see it's being severely exploited (ie: we see numerous reports for the same account).

That_guy44
06-25-2017, 11:54 PM
Sure, they could have made it primarily a 1v1 game, but the vast majority of publicity surrounding the game, from the initial announcement up until release was focusing primarily on 4v4 (mainly Dominion) and very, very little on the 1v1 aspect. It is pretty clear the game was intended to be a team game from the start and not a 1v1 duel game. And they should keep that in mind for balancing, but it appears whoever is in charge now has lost sight of the initial vision.

So please explain to me why they're introducing ranked to 1v1 duels first?

SirCorrino
06-26-2017, 12:03 AM
So please explain to me why they're introducing ranked to 1v1 duels first?

Requires smaller testing population, which they need since they're only allowing PC players to test (smallest community). Also easier to implement and it's a good idea to start testing with the smallest modes to minimize points of failure.

That_guy44
06-26-2017, 01:34 AM
Fair points. Im still caught trying to decide if the devs want to take this game more on the competitive side or keep it more casual.

Capoupacap
06-26-2017, 01:38 AM
Fair points. Im still caught trying to decide if the devs want to take this game more on the competitive side or keep it more casual.

Both ;)

Duuklah
06-26-2017, 04:14 AM

Did you just quote Fight Club on me? Aint that some ****? Tyler isnt going to like that...

Duuklah
06-26-2017, 04:16 AM
He admitted to doing it on purpose in chat as revenge for me "spamming headbutt".

My reply was "you were turtling, and headbutt is nerfed, just dodge"

Then he says " I cant its too fast."

Yer an assassin dude...At Rep 8... Seriously???