PDA

View Full Version : I have a question for ubi

Ianoneshot
06-25-2017, 03:54 AM
I know ubi looks at your stuff sometimes, however I have a question. You guys say stuff like "Cool idea" or "I agree" and so on. Then it usually ends in "I cant wait to see how everybody else thinks about this!" I am wonder stuff like whenever they get new hero suggestion if they REALLY consider it. Or will ubi just keep to the old plan for season 3 and 4? Tbh I made a hero suggestion and got a "cant wait to see what everybody else thinks." (As leaked) the knights are getting the two new heroes to be roman characters. I gave a suggestion that fits knights probably better, and would love to see if they really took that into account (hero forum is linked here if interested --->
( http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1693657-New-knight-character ). I really hope ubi actually takes this info to see what people really want to see in the upcoming season. Yes, this will be a change of plans, but it would be cool for them to gather info like. "Okay, people want a wilderness map, castle map, and docks map for knights. So lets make a map to be a castle (zone A), forest (zone B), and a beach with ships (zone C)." That would be amazing. But I really just want ubi to answer this question. It would mean a lot if they actually did this stuff.

Ianoneshot
06-25-2017, 04:21 AM
really I want this question answered......

Mia.Nora
06-25-2017, 06:58 AM
The simple fact that Highlander image was leaked a few months ago, means that most if not all DLC content has already been either completely developed or has been in development. That mean no matter how amazing our *suggestions* might be, it is just a chat topic and nothing more.

Also agree about roman characters for knights not fitting at all. If anything they could have gone with simple pilgrim/cleric warrior concept with a guy in hooded long robes with chains wrapped around their waist, carrying a mace. It would %100 fit knights faction way better than both centurion and gladiator.

XxHunterHxX
06-25-2017, 08:31 AM
at some point they said coz of copyright they cant use the ideeas we have...

Mia.Nora
06-25-2017, 09:36 AM
at some point they said coz of copyright they cant use the ideeas we have...

I dealt with a load of patent, design registration and copyright work in my office. I can %100 confidently say that noone can claim a patent on a vague concept like pirate, templar, cleric or gladiator. They say it to as a simple way of getting rid of people who thinks they have the best idea ever.

I could just make a copy of For Honor, implement exact same characters and name them differently and still get away with it without any trouble (see all original dota clones), let alone implementing a character some random dude on internet happened to have mentioned.

Pasan90
06-25-2017, 10:52 AM
The problem is that they have covered most common weapon combinations between the vikings and knights.

Sword and shield: Warlord.
Longsword: Warden
Polearm: Lawbringer
Flail: Conqueror
Spear and shield: Valk
2 hand weapons: Berserk
Sword and off hand weapon: Peacekeeper
2 handed Axe: Raider
And whatever the centurion is doing.

So what is left? Rapier is an option, rapiers existed alongside the Lawbringers and most of the samurai kit. (And rapiers is not a flimsy sissy-sword. Its a specialized and brutal dueling sword) Zweihandler/Greatsword too i guess is available. Axe/mace and shield?

XxHunterHxX
06-25-2017, 11:30 AM
I dealt with a load of patent, design registration and copyright work in my office. I can %100 confidently say that noone can claim a patent on a vague concept like pirate, templar, cleric or gladiator. They say it to as a simple way of getting rid of people who thinks they have the best idea ever.

I could just make a copy of For Honor, implement exact same characters and name them differently and still get away with it without any trouble (see all original dota clones), let alone implementing a character some random dude on internet happened to have mentioned.

i know what you mean legue of legends have made a tons of caracters inspired by peoples feedback..... i think ubisoft says they cant coz of copyright mostly coz

1.the caracters they will put out ir already made

2.at the moment they have a skeleton crew working on fixing the game's problems

3.they dont plan on doing anything past year 1

Pasan90
06-25-2017, 01:09 PM
Of course the characters have been planed for some time. Each characters has vast amount of work put into them in coding and animations(This does not include balancing), the difference between a for honor character and something from a 2d fighting game or a dota style MoBA is pretty vast. Anyone who knows anything about programing can see that. Also the Centurion and Shinobi seems less advanced than the old rooster.

UbiNoty
06-26-2017, 12:44 AM
I know ubi looks at your stuff sometimes, however I have a question. You guys say stuff like "Cool idea" or "I agree" and so on. Then it usually ends in "I cant wait to see how everybody else thinks about this!" I am wonder stuff like whenever they get new hero suggestion if they REALLY consider it. Or will ubi just keep to the old plan for season 3 and 4? Tbh I made a hero suggestion and got a "cant wait to see what everybody else thinks." (As leaked) the knights are getting the two new heroes to be roman characters. I gave a suggestion that fits knights probably better, and would love to see if they really took that into account (hero forum is linked here if interested --->
( http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1693657-New-knight-character ). I really hope ubi actually takes this info to see what people really want to see in the upcoming season. Yes, this will be a change of plans, but it would be cool for them to gather info like. "Okay, people want a wilderness map, castle map, and docks map for knights. So lets make a map to be a castle (zone A), forest (zone B), and a beach with ships (zone C)." That would be amazing. But I really just want ubi to answer this question. It would mean a lot if they actually did this stuff.

We do pass all your suggestions over to the devs, but most of the plans for big releases (ie: heroes, modes, maps) are already in place and can't be easily changed. The work and time put into creating these kinds of things takes lots of planning and time which is why you're unlikely to see any community suggestions for new heroes/modes make an appearance in year 1 unless it was already in the works.

If anything, all your feedback and suggestions for new heroes will be what we use to draw ideas and inspiration for year 2 and further down the line. So yes we do consider it, but because it takes an inordinate amount of time to plan, prepare, and create new heroes, you won't necessarily see your feedback take form or be realized right away. Hope that answers your question!

Capoupacap
06-26-2017, 12:58 AM
You just have to figure the amonth of time and people needed to get one add. Even if if for honor content is not so large (I was avoiding poor because it isn't fair), the quality of the content show there is lot's of work. I do remember that there was almost 2 years needed for forge and temple garden ;)

Knight_Raime
06-26-2017, 01:08 AM
they absolutely pass along suggestions. But when the suggestion is literally new content that's...much more unlikely.
they like any game that has a road map for post dlc can't really change much about that.
They can however ask for ideas if this first season goes well and they end up going for a second season like siege did.