PDA

View Full Version : Valk dash attacks - blocked for free GB

Duuklah
06-24-2017, 11:44 PM
In case you all didnt know by now. Just block the Valks top dash and side dash attacks for a free GB..

G ****ING G UBI!!!!

There is balance for you....

Deflect pin is USELESS.. Good luck pulling it off and then if you miss it you just throw a regular heavy to get parried..

You CANNOT throw top dash or side dash attacks because they will just block and get a free GB... DONT EVEN BOTHER TO PARRY....

So what are you left with? 2 versions of the shield rush which are equally predictable and easy to punish..

Face a warden and eat ****.

Face a LB and eat ****.

Face a Centurion and eat ****.

Face a WL and eat ****.

Face any good player and eat ****!

Am I wrong?

The_B0G_
06-24-2017, 11:45 PM
Having a rough day Duukie?

Duuklah
06-24-2017, 11:56 PM
Yeah I find it repulsive that so many of Valks tools (my main) are completely useless vs any competent players..

Yet the Centurion and WL get everything handed to them wrapped with a nice little bow.

Miadous
06-25-2017, 12:19 AM
Valkyrie is my 2nd main. I'm actually surprised this is the only thread I've seen pointing out her glaring weaknesses (maybe I've just missed the other posts). Ubisoft just wants to promote the turtle meta. Give the valkyrie dodging attacks to make her kit more interesting with offensive capabilities, BUT WAIT, all you have to do is stand there and wait for her to attack then block for a completely free guard break. Makes sense. Offense is really frowned upon in this game. Staring contest or die.

That_guy44
06-25-2017, 12:39 AM
Her dodge attacks are meant for counter attacking. You shouldnt be using then to start combos.

We.the.North
06-25-2017, 12:55 AM
Her dodge attacks are meant for counter attacking. You shouldnt be using then to start combos.

I main Valkyrie and here are my 2 cents :

In duel and brawl, she's trash ... use her only for Dominion and Skirmish.

In those two 4v4 modes, you will often find yourself outnumbered or in group fights. In that situation, it is quite reasonable to dash+attack if it puts your enemies in a straight line, blocking each other. Also, the first regular light attack from a combo deals a lot less damage than a dash attack that starts the combo.

Also, the whole block + free guard break is not known by a lot of players. If you get yourself against someone that knows that trick, just play a little more safe. Otherwise, go crazy and jump everywhere.

Yoshimitsu_440
06-25-2017, 01:10 AM
In case you all didnt know by now. Just block the Valks top dash and side dash attacks for a free GB..

G ****ING G UBI!!!!

There is balance for you....

Deflect pin is USELESS.. Good luck pulling it off and then if you miss it you just throw a regular heavy to get parried..

You CANNOT throw top dash or side dash attacks because they will just block and get a free GB... DONT EVEN BOTHER TO PARRY....

So what are you left with? 2 versions of the shield rush which are equally predictable and easy to punish..

Face a warden and eat ****.

Face a LB and eat ****.

Face a Centurion and eat ****.

Face a WL and eat ****.

Face any good player and eat ****!

Am I wrong?

Lmfao have you seen orochi? Welcome to the club and get in line. At least u have an unblockble attack that u can spam.

That_guy44
06-25-2017, 01:13 AM
I main Valkyrie and here are my 2 cents :

In duel and brawl, she's trash ... use her only for Dominion and Skirmish.

In those two 4v4 modes, you will often find yourself outnumbered or in group fights. In that situation, it is quite reasonable to dash+attack if it puts your enemies in a straight line, blocking each other. Also, the first regular light attack from a combo deals a lot less damage than a dash attack that starts the combo.

Why do you think shes trash in duel and brawl?

I already know her dash light does more damage. That extra bit is not worth the risk when a block can lead to a wall splat. Ive played dueled players that can parry her light attacks. Dont make it easier for them by allowing them to punish off of a block.

ELDRIX_
06-25-2017, 09:15 AM
Valkyrie is my 2nd main. I'm actually surprised this is the only thread I've seen pointing out her glaring weaknesses (maybe I've just missed the other posts). Ubisoft just wants to promote the turtle meta. Give the valkyrie dodging attacks to make her kit more interesting with offensive capabilities, BUT WAIT, all you have to do is stand there and wait for her to attack then block for a completely free guard break. Makes sense. Offense is really frowned upon in this game. Staring contest or die.

Yea i made a post abou that too

Pasan90
06-25-2017, 09:58 AM
"my character has weaknesses! bu-hu"

I main zerk, no sympaties. The problem is not that characters has risk/reward moves, its that some characters have many more than others. Warlord and Warden for example has next to none. Instead of buffing every character to be flawless they should bring every character to Raider terretory. Its a reason he is viewed as the most well designed character.

SenBotsu893
06-25-2017, 11:06 AM
lol she got such an insane buff and you are still not satisfied? you want the spam fairy to spam uninterupted do you?

she got so many good tools.
her mix ups are good.
the spear sweep is bugged and grants you free heavy.
jump into unblock stance for unlimited protection.
negate enemy revenge by just shield bashing them into oblivion.

seriously shes A tier at least

AKDagriZ
06-25-2017, 02:53 PM
its true when someone parry your light and know about the free gb on dash attack ,you don't have much tool left and lately ive seen more and more people parryng light....

therefore the shoulder pin is not bad,it the same windows like zerk and orochi , i almost do not parry as a valk i focus on shoulder pin ,with a lot of trining the shoulder pin is very nice but sometime it get blocked

SirCorrino
06-25-2017, 02:56 PM
lol she got such an insane buff and you are still not satisfied? you want the spam fairy to spam uninterupted do you?
the spear sweep is bugged and grants you free heavy.

How is it bugged, exactly?

RatedChaotic
06-25-2017, 02:56 PM
Yeah I find it repulsive that so many of Valks tools (my main) are completely useless vs any competent players..

Yet the Centurion and WL get everything handed to them wrapped with a nice little bow.

Take your anger and multiply it by 10 thats how I feel playing my Conq main.

My.Insanity
06-25-2017, 06:11 PM
I already made 2 Threads for this..

I my eyes Valk lacks options to open a turtle.. your shieldbash is too risky and you get no reward for it and with the new "guard change" say goodbye to your light / light combo.

so my optionen is still:

- reduce the recovery time for Dash attacks so you can CGB

and

- give her a light / heavy / light or a light / heavy / heavy combo (if they enemy blocks the second heavy the combo will still continus)

and for the sake of the game.. pls give all Heros more Stamina like Centurio.. (or reduce his Stamina pool)

SenBotsu893
06-25-2017, 10:47 PM
How is it bugged, exactly?

the sweep becomes undogable if you change guarddirection and still get hit with the 2nd stab. thats some issue with stance change priorisation over dodge imputs.

UbiNoty
06-25-2017, 11:53 PM
Hi all - thanks for giving us your thoughts on some of valkyrie's weaknesses especially in certain circumstances. I'll pass it along - and ask them to look into the sweep bug as well.