PDA

View Full Version : DEVS: Have you 'nerfed' the Trench? - Please respond

Captain_Summers
06-24-2017, 10:36 PM
Please respond Devs.

Prior to the recent patch, I was happily playing the 'Research' On-Going mission but warping to any other system in the Trench except the 'target' system.

RANDOMLY I would discover some pirates or even Klingons going about their business.

This meant I, and my crew could 'invent' our own on-going mission and play, literally for hours hopping from system to system trying to find contacts.

However, repeated tests since the patch (where you also nerfed helm) have failed to show any enemy or hostile targets in ANY system aside from the 'target' system.

I understand you are putting together a patch soon to tackle some glitches and bugs.

PLEASE, I beg you. Put these random contacts back so that when travelling randomly around the trench other hostiles and EVEN FRIENDLIES NEEDING TRANSPORT can be 'stumbled' upon.

Please add this. You've 'inadvertently' ruined mine, and quite a few of my friends / crew's fun with this nerf.

Thanks for reading.

Ocard_
06-25-2017, 06:26 AM
Best would be to introduce two new mission types:

- discovery only, for all those who want to just travel around the trench, scan everything and maybe help out vicilian vessels, but not encounter hostiles
- full on ongoing mission, where new mission objectives are endlessly generated while traveling around

Captain_Summers
06-27-2017, 06:39 PM
Not asking what is 'best'. I'm trying to ascertain if they've 'fixed' something that has had the unfortunate effect of removing (albeit unintentionally) random NPC's within the trench. And if so, can we add them back (QUICKLY) without even getting into the conversation of DLC or additions to the main game.

Captain_Summers
06-29-2017, 04:39 PM
Community Mods - Can we please get some feedback on this issue. It's broken a large amount of replayability for myself and several of the people on my Discord server.

Please can we get an answer?

LtCdr-Stewart
06-30-2017, 09:09 PM
Awww they took out the random spawns? I ran into the Doomsday Machine at one place.

weisguy119
07-07-2017, 02:34 AM
Awww they took out the random spawns? I ran into the Doomsday Machine at one place.

I ran into the Doomsday Machine once too. It was awesome! It would be a shame if they removed Easter eggs like that. Does anyone know if it's still in the game? If so, can you engage it?