PDA

View Full Version : Invisible enemy in Skirmish?

Gray360UK
06-24-2017, 08:17 PM
Anyone had this before?

As far as we could tell the Skirmish was over, all 4 enemies had been killed. All 4 enemy symbols were red skulls, but the game would not end.

As I ran down the middle of the Cathedral it was like something kept hitting me in the back and staggering me, but I would turn around and there was nothing to see, and I couldn't lock on to anything. I could see the other guys on my team couldn't see anything to attack either. Everyone began to emote Wow! Ok! We moved around trying to find this invisible thing, and could only tell where it was by being staggered. We ended up cornering it on the stairs and then I just repeatedly did my Valkyries zone attack into thin air with no visible target. Suddenly I got a score increase and the game ended with the Victory message.

Was very spooky ;)

The_B0G_
06-24-2017, 08:41 PM
Anyone had this before?

As far as we could tell the Skirmish was over, all 4 enemies had been killed. All 4 enemy symbols were red skulls, but the game would not end.

As I ran down the middle of the Cathedral it was like something kept hitting me in the back and staggering me, but I would turn around and there was nothing to see, and I couldn't lock on to anything. I could see the other guys on my team couldn't see anything to attack either. Everyone began to emote Wow! Ok! We moved around trying to find this invisible thing, and could only tell where it was by being staggered. We ended up cornering it on the stairs and then I just repeatedly did my Valkyries zone attack into thin air with no visible target. Suddenly I got a score increase and the game ended with the Victory message.

Was very spooky ;)

It happened to me once when I was playing with a buddy on skirmish, same thing, one guy left. It was more funny than anything we both just kept swinging all directions until we killed him.

RatedChaotic
06-24-2017, 09:40 PM
Havent seen that one yet. But watching bots trying to revive players is funny. They tap the button not holding it for a revive. Kinda makes it difficult to revive your buddies.

UbiJurassic
06-24-2017, 11:48 PM
It's been awhile since I've heard of this bug, but I believe this happens when someone leaves a game and a bot spawns in to replace them. However, we have seen rare instances where the bot's model will not appear in-game and instead roams the map like some sort of "ethereal being".

Gray360UK
06-25-2017, 12:03 AM
It's been awhile since I've heard of this bug, but I believe this happens when someone leaves a game and a bot spawns in to replace them. However, we have seen rare instances where the bot's model will not appear in-game and instead roams the map like some sort of "ethereal being".

You've spoilt it now, I wanted to believe it was some sort of ethereal being. This is worse than that time I found out that Santa isn't real ... :(

On a more serious note, this is the first time it's happened to me in about a gazillion hours of play, and it was kinda funny :)

xRocketfishx
06-25-2017, 12:53 AM

I stated this before but was ignored. Thankfully Noty replies to my messages since no other mods/devs bother. This happens more then people think and it occurs while in the middle of an execution and the game resyncs.

kweassa1
06-25-2017, 01:51 AM
Sounds like a high probability of a desync issue after end-match.

I've not seen something like it, but I have experienced a session host rage-quitting right after the "VICTORY" message in Dominion, doing the stuff that I told you about, Gray. The match wasn't force-crashed that time and everyone else was able to resync to a migrant-host, but the "return to lobby" failed and so there we were, in a Temple Garden map where everything ended, no minions, no score, no zones, no UI... and just 4 of us on our team standing there wandering around.

When someone pulls out from a network format that requires people to stay put, all sorts of weird thing happen.