PDA

View Full Version : Online and Offline Campaign Mode

kenonu
06-24-2017, 03:37 PM
Just saw the in-engine gameplay and I have to say ITS A HUGE WORLD, loving every piece of it, the world, the physics, the texture quality etc... can't wait to see in-game combat
Will this game be strictly online or will there be an offline campaign mode as well?

Legion-495
06-24-2017, 03:51 PM
Just saw the in-engine gameplay and I have to say ITS A HUGE WORLD, loving every piece of it, the world, the physics, the texture quality etc... can't wait to see in-game combat
Will this game be strictly online or will there be an offline campaign mode as well?

Dude this has been clarified a lota times actually xD
It is a offline game. Pure Singelplayer with a OPTION to have friends play with you(or other players I guess).
They have been saying so around 15 people is possible but they may restrict it. They made it into the Voyager engine and since they have the feature they gonna use.

The idea is that every teammember still can do stuff on their own if they want to.
That said you split the work with your friend if you want.
There is no way to show this. As you saw that the game is still in early development and this has probably not been fully added yet. I doubt it has been added at all at this moment. They working on getting all features in now. I bet online feature will be the last. We will probably have a first Pre-Alpha before that's fully in.

Ancel and Team got this. Trust them a bit.

kenonu
06-29-2017, 12:44 PM
Ok lets all take it easy now, no clubbering or getting vexed about a simple question whether or not it was covered, I watched the preview and in-engine walkthrough and it introduces the world, physics and feel or the game and what it will look like, it didn't say anything about off or online, plus Its a simple question lets all take it easy we all love the game and hoping it comes out good.

:)

Ray970
06-29-2017, 02:19 PM
It will be like zelda with the Dark souls online...so you can go everywhere and sometimes your friends can join you and help you to do some quests

Legion-495
06-29-2017, 02:42 PM
It will be like zelda with the Dark souls online...so you can go everywhere and sometimes your friends can join you and help you to do some quests

With the soap(stone) addon for your AI (http://beyondgoodandevil.wikia.com/wiki/Secundo) in your S.A.C (http://beyondgoodandevil.wikia.com/wiki/S.A.C) xD
It will probably be more structured(not so many restrictions) than DS, but I guess you are right.

BecomingTyrant
11-20-2017, 12:53 PM
I'm hoping that when using terms like "Offline mode" it actually means Offline. If they give the option to not restrict you from playing if you had no internet connection. Games nowadays rely too much on servers and the population for their games to be enjoyable rather than having a fun and explorable game with a good replay value like a Xenoblade Chronicles X vibe rather than some online only title. It would be so much more unique than the typical MMO like Destiny or The Division. By giving the players the option to play by themselves and not have to worry about servers and connection just to play the game they rightfully bought but also the option to connect with players if they wish, its just a more wholesome experience.