PDA

View Full Version : Corrections in Usages of Indian Culture and Hindi

amitubi.com
06-24-2017, 08:57 AM
Just a correction suggestion:
As per the engine demo, the words on the bow of the ship are "HANUMAN KI GADA", its suppose to be a "HANUMAN KA GADA", KI => KA. KI is used for female, KA for male. Hanumanji is a male deity. Gada is a club like melee weapon used by Hanumaji.
further Hanuman is a deity in Hindu religion and quite revered, so usually it would be "HANUMAN-JI KA GADA", "JI" is for respect.

Also the holographic bowl, which Ganesha has in lower left hand, is auppose to be full of laddu's ( a type of indian sweets), but the laddu's shown in videos are shaped like eggs. they should be more spherical!

just my "two cents" or "do paisa" :)

ElPrimordial
06-24-2017, 06:55 PM
Hello there! I'm very interesting in your point of view as indian.
How indian people will feel if someone create an hybrid similar to one of your deities?
Will you as nation allow to your government/scientist do that? Or you'll feel offended? It would that lead to a massive revolt?
Even in the case that you government do it in the most obscure secret and since all this happen in space, probably very far from India in Earth, indian people that live in those planets wouldn't feel offended and angry?
I will really appreciate your answers! Thanks in advance :)

Telemanus
06-24-2017, 07:29 PM
The usage of Indian/Hiunduism cultures is quite interesting.

Do you think the statue of the DomZ priest, the creepy one with the four arms, is based on one of their gods as well?

IRISNetwork
06-24-2017, 10:54 PM

Do you think the statue of the DomZ priest, the creepy one with the four arms, is based on one of their gods as well?

You beat me to my theory :)

I have a sneaky feeling it will in some way be related to Ganesha or one one of the other deitys.

Also, I love the fact that religion is still quite a prevalent theme in this world, most sci-fis seem to be set in a post-god setting, where most everybody has moved past the concept of modern religion.

Whether you are a believer of any form or not, you have to admit that the existence of ever-present beliefs in deity's and old traditions, in this otherwise futuristic sci fi universe, adds so much colour and life to this world that you rarely see in videogames and film these days :)

amitubi.com
06-25-2017, 03:47 AM
Hello there! I'm very interesting in your point of view as indian.
How indian people will feel if someone create an hybrid similar to one of your deities?
Will you as nation allow to your government/scientist do that? Or you'll feel offended? It would that lead to a massive revolt?
Even in the case that you government do it in the most obscure secret and since all this happen in space, probably very far from India in Earth, indian people that live in those planets wouldn't feel offended and angry?
I will really appreciate your answers! Thanks in advance :)

It would be quite similar to the situation as in any other place.
Like gossip, religion is spread and maintained by people, who has nothing better to do, so Revolt, feeling offended, would depend if people have " something better to do at that particular instance of time".

Infact such development can have an opposite effect, you see for thousands of years people have been imagining things and a live one would certainly be entertaining ( well they do not have anything better to do :) ), it can even be used as propaganda material for crowd management.

so it depends on how you market this.
At present it would NOT cause revolt (people are smart enough), simply just a few days of news (temporary entertainment). The mindset of Religious person (like other countries i suppose), is very flexible, each individual try to use religion and culture to his or her own instant benefit. They tend to be broad minded when they are not suppose to be and narrow minded when they should not be.

Anyways, HANUMAJI is a monkey related deity born to wind god and a celestial nymph (she was cursed to be a monkey for few days). GANESHJI has elephant head.

Back to the topic, To cause a revolt, you would need to bore people to extreme, and when they are bored of all simple things, the mass in general would do thing to unbalance themselves (everyone needs entertainment), then any instigation can cause a Revolt. but this is true for most countries.

Also making a hybrid is an interesting idea, if you are trying to pull that off, do let me know, i can help you in that, in some aspects (technological as well as infrastructure) :cool:
Also what are you trying to achieve Hybrid or a Revolt? do pm me if cant answer on public post :)

amitubi.com
06-25-2017, 04:12 AM

The pose is more of a buddhism effect, The cloths is chinese effect, thin arm is also chinese?
Four arm is certainly influence of Hindu deity design (India, Indonesia, Thailand?) one way or the other.

over all it does not really strike as any of the known ones in Hindu godly stuff,
... more of a Western version, of Chinese version, of Buddha with a pair of extra hands.

There are more or less thee well revered Gods, Shiva, Vishnu and Brahma. Rest most are called devs (da pronounces as in day) and devis (female). Of them, Hanuman, Ganesha, Laxmi, Saraswati are examples of well known ones.
Natraj (A version of Shiva doing dance of destruction?) is quite known in western world. But there are many other regional stories and concepts, devs and devis which can make interesting story material.

Telemanus
06-25-2017, 08:53 AM
You beat me to my theory :)

I have a sneaky feeling it will in some way be related to Ganesha or one one of the other deitys.

Also, I love the fact that religion is still quite a prevalent theme in this world, most sci-fis seem to be set in a post-god setting, where most everybody has moved past the concept of modern religion.

Whether you are a believer of any form or not, you have to admit that the existence of ever-present beliefs in deity's and old traditions, in this otherwise futuristic sci fi universe, adds so much colour and life to this world that you rarely see in videogames and film these days :)

I wholeheartedly agree. I also think the DomZ priest is based on a trinity you see in many religions like in Hinduism, Egyptian, and of course Christianity. You got the scary priest spider, the statue, and Shauni. Three entities, who together make one.

ElPrimordial
06-25-2017, 07:54 PM
Also what are you trying to achieve Hybrid or a Revolt? do pm me if cant answer on public post :)

Well, imagine if someone clone Jesus (of course I realize its not the same thing than create an hybrid) and then use those clones as slaves and human guinea pigs (because that's what one can imply with the info you hear in the video "Get to know the team behind BG&E2"). That would cause such violent riot in every nation with a christian community that will lead many countries to a total state of chaos.

Pardon me if my comparison is too extreme but I though that indian people will feel offended or at least disturbed to saw an hybrid that resemble Ganesha been used as guinea pig for experimentation, as a slave, or be forced to fight to death with other hybrids that are similar to other hindu deities.

Also taking apart the religious component of this equation, normal people would at least feel disturbed to see this happening (the creation of hybrids). I think you must know who the guys from PETA are. Even among people who aren't members of this community, I really doubt they will allow the creation of hybrids unless that was the only way to save our lives and/or planet Earth.
Today people confront others when they mistreat their mascots, thing that was unthinkable 50 years ago. Many realize that you don't need to abuse animals even your mascots for any reason. You should take care of them with patience and affection, and don't punish them physically.

As I say before, unless our existence was in jeopardy, the vast majority of people will not allow this to happen. Of course governments/tech companies/and who knows who else could be doing this in secret and only people outside Earth (in those exoplanets) know what's really happening. So I suppose that will the scenario in which we're going to move. And then we'll need to expose all this monstrosity to Earthlings and you can imagine the rest.

I was truly curious about how indian people will react in such scenario. Excuse me if my curiosity was too naive or very dumb.
Cheers mate! Thanks for your reply ;)

amitubi.com
06-27-2017, 04:43 AM
I was truly curious about how indian people will react in such scenario. Excuse me if my curiosity was too naive or very dumb.
Cheers mate! Thanks for your reply ;)

no probs, I do not represent any specific culture or even indian culture.Given the whole scenario, having hybrid may not even cause that much of trouble (if they do not look like some god). It would depend on how you represent it. People still have household help, and people are treated differently (i mean, way differently) based on caste, religion and even country. It is about priorities, If I have a car, i feel for all those pull horses, otherwise it's just business a usual.
What if we have AI based creature looking vastly different from us, would we still feel the pain, we might not even understand it!

Imagine God comes to your household and asks to live with you, what would you do? :)
Now few days later it asks to cook for you of his own will !
Then to clean your bathroom (again of its own will) !
.... how would different people respond to it!

Now imagine that was not god, but some god looking person ...
again if that person was not even god lookalike, just a normal poor guy.
again it doesnt look like a person but some creature .... then !

it is a fact that people let other human clean their toilet.
Many can't even look at their own ****.
I have seen brown making fun of black, and both of them are siblings (India has a lot of different skin colors, not even different race just the skin color)

...... ah got carried away :)

Mountainlifter
07-03-2017, 05:16 PM
https://www.reddit.com/r/beyondgoodandevil/comments/6ivgrj/beyond_good_and_evil_2_e3_2017_first_inengine_demo/djosrjq/

I am linking my answer to ElPrimordial's question here. Nice to find you here again ElPrimordial.

My answer talks mainly about Hinduism and its characteristics, and its potential reaction to cloning/hybridization. My answer also talks about whether Indians/Hindus would be offended if hybrids resembling Hindu deities were created. (The answer being no.)

But I never ventured to give an opinion on whether these hybrids would be turned into slaves or abused. That is a very tricky question to answer. Within the framework of Hinduism itself, it would be technically be incorrect to enslave or abuse an animal (since the essense all living beings is the same) much less a hybrid human-animal that looks like a deity in Hinduism. (The first animal rights laws were framed in India). But society is an altogether different beast. Any society + any philiosophy or ideology will lead to both good and bad behaviours within the populace. In this respect, any society living among the stars may treat the hybrids unfairly.

ElPrimordial
07-04-2017, 07:27 PM
Nice to find you here again ElPrimordial.

Welcome!