PDA

View Full Version : Season 3 too far away to save a dead game?

VoIume Control
06-24-2017, 03:44 AM
about 2000 players on Xbox everything is Low Activity... P2P sucks no one likes it, Turtle Meta still hasn't been changed. Hero Balance isnt a real thing Cent nerfs Suck Honestly. Raider Wasnt buffed enough, Berserker needs a better deflect. Warlord still is a fking turtle.... Nubushi needs a buff. Shall i keep going? WTH Is the dev team doing....? RANKED Tourney.?? what a waste of time the game has Connection problems STILL... and you pull out Rank? OH Don't worry We'll Fix it.... No one believes that..2000 Players will Drop to 500 before season 3. GG FH Devs Even Rainbow 6 Learned.. when will you?

EDG_Avocado
06-24-2017, 03:57 AM
Obvious fact is obvious. Game is dead no need to question whether devs will do anything bout it.
Nothing can be done when devs don't feel motivated to save this game.
Game is long gone.

VoIume Control
06-24-2017, 04:02 AM
i mean it was the dumb choices that wrecked it... P2P xD dumba**'s ... broken turtle meta yup GG

That_guy44
06-24-2017, 04:05 AM
Why dont you think the raider was buffed enough? I feel hes pretty good now.

VoIume Control
06-24-2017, 04:16 AM
it's not that it was'nt good but in the Turtle Meta he is a joke. Block up, Dodge zone, Parry all his slow attacks. GG raider you killed yourself. i have a Rep 8 Raider Feints dont work on a skilled play that Turtles. He needs a Side Stun or something his mix ups are to predictable.

bmason1000
06-24-2017, 04:49 AM
Just curious where you got your numbers? Where did you see there's 2000 players on xbox?

The_B0G_
06-24-2017, 05:21 AM
He didn't see how many, everything is low activity so he guessed. Ps4 feels fine, fast matchmaking for Dom, which is all I play regardless of contract orders.

I'll be sticking around for season 3 so I can get Highlander, don't care how good or bad he is, my new main.

Rikuto01.tv
06-24-2017, 05:35 AM
The game has issues but this game's current status is more a victim of how stupid the masses are and how easily provoked they become at the slightest thing. What would be considered minor or non-issues in any other competitive game are absolute dealbreakers in this community.

Anything that can be complained about, gets complained about.

bmason1000
06-24-2017, 06:34 AM
The game has issues but this game's current status is more a victim of how stupid the masses are and how easily provoked they become at the slightest thing. What would be considered minor or non-issues in any other competitive game are absolute dealbreakers in this community.

Anything that can be complained about, gets complained about.

I often wonder what people NOT on the forums think. I mean its pretty obvious that those of us here are a verrry small minority of the playerbase. I don't think i would have noticed a single nerf, buff, change whatever if i didn't read patch notes. Honesty i didn't even know games did that until FH came out and i found the forums.

Epoqx
06-24-2017, 10:03 AM
about 2000 players on Xbox everything is Low Activity... P2P sucks no one likes it, Turtle Meta still hasn't been changed. Hero Balance isnt a real thing Cent nerfs Suck Honestly. Raider Wasnt buffed enough, Berserker needs a better deflect. Warlord still is a fking turtle.... Nubushi needs a buff. Shall i keep going? WTH Is the dev team doing....? RANKED Tourney.?? what a waste of time the game has Connection problems STILL... and you pull out Rank? OH Don't worry We'll Fix it.... No one believes that..2000 Players will Drop to 500 before season 3. GG FH Devs Even Rainbow 6 Learned.. when will you?

No idea where you take these numbers from. You wrote that post in the middle of the night in my country so yeah... Ofc there is less players.

The devs that take care of the tournament mode arent the same as the one taking care of connection issues.

The division 2 years ago : "the game is dead" people where saying... In fact even atm it gets regularly major updates and some more DLCs are coming.

Stop believing the youtube videos you are watching, they do these big titles for money.
Youshould try staying positive, as it is a game, and you should enjoy it.
They are making regular updates on for honor, so the game is going in a positive way. They got AT LEAST 1 or 2 years of content already prepared. They wont let it fall, as hard as you guys think.

EDG_Avocado
06-24-2017, 04:19 PM
Honestly the game is dying at a rapid speed. So those youtube vids are advocating truth based on steam player counts so it can also be correlated to consoles.

FrostedBeatle12
06-24-2017, 04:56 PM
You guys honestly believe that this game is going to survive? I'm not calling dead just yet, but I'm not blind, and I can see the people quitting, I can see these boards becoming less and less constructive and more and more toxic, I can see that their streamers have all pretty much bailed out, I can see that their main YouTube content creators are moving on to better things, I can see that the tournament scene is all but gone, with the exception of maybe 1 or two, I can see warriors dens that do little but frustrate people even more....... shall I continue on? Because I can.... and about the only thing I'm hearing is " wait a year" or "look at The Division"

Look, i understand that some of you believe that numbers lie and that the world is flat, but if you can't see that Ubisoft has signed this games death warrant and you are willing to suck their controller stick while they rob you blind ..... then maybe you should go try and find that edge of the earth and do us all a favor and jump.

Quit pampering these horribly bad decisions .... quit bringing up The Division. First off, completely separate game in case you didn't notice. Second, I paid to play a decent game NOW......not a mediocre game a year from now. Tom Clancy had previous titles under their belt and they've been able to recover somewhat. But For Honor doesn't, and since the new titles will be coming out soon, for you guys to sit and hide behind The Division is only hurting your game.

How about we stop arguing with each other over whether or not the game will cease to exists, and come together to maybe bring about some life saving changes to this game. How about we stop bashing/pampering Ubisoft and actually demand a solid game? Why is it so difficult or bad to demand that they either fix their p2p like they said, or bring in dedicated servers. Why don't we ask them to hold themselves accountable before instituting penalties for their player base? Why, why, why is about the only thing I find myself asking anymore. Why are we getting a tourney mode when they can't even release mechanics without breaking 3 others? I.E. the join in progress that took 4 tries to implement or how about the wonderful guard switch that they changed, but didn't speed the animation up...... so now you have swings that, to you, connect, but a split second later they are blocking that very same swing..... isn't that the reason you guys didn't want dedicated servers anyway? To avoid the latency?

Quit telling me everything will be ok and referencing games that aren't even in the same genre. Especially when I can see with my own eyes that unless iSkys is on, you guys only have 100 viewers at most watching your game. And the people watching Skys are asking him to play other games , ROFL. Quit telling me to wait it out, when Ubisoft won't even take the 2 seconds to handle the most simple fixes that people have asked for. I.E. salvage conversion to steel. They won't even say anything other then "we are discussing it" when asked about the bigger issues.

You can say what you want, but unless Ubi gets on the ball and starts making some drastic changes, this game is dead by xmas of this year. Plain and simple.

The_B0G_
06-24-2017, 05:19 PM
You can't compare PC player counts to console. There are so many more games on PC, I have a gaming PC and even good games with no problems I get sick of quickly because all the games there is to play. Console does not have games being released constantly.

I play on PS4 with For Honor and the player base seems absolutely fine, it hardly ever takes more thsn 30 seconds to find a match.

Gray360UK
06-24-2017, 05:24 PM
Just a useful bit of information, make of it what you will, dismiss it or embrace it ... in the last community event to complete X amount of Elimination matches, on XBox One, completing just one of them put me at position 18,121

FrostedBeatle12
06-24-2017, 05:30 PM
Titles are coming to Consoles as well The Bog. And with the consoles trying to match PC's now, it won't be long till PC games become available to consoles. That, along with the fact that you seem to be the ONLY person who isn't having problems at the moment, lets me know that no matter how you try and skew it, it's still bad...... just because PlayStation is less frustrating doesn't mean the game isn't in a dire situation.

Do you still drop matches? Do you still find yourself playing against or with 2 or 3 bots? Do you have rewards not being given out at least once a week at this point? I can find matches pretty quickly on Xbox too...... that doesn't mean that I don't have 8 other head aches that this game has caused. I can keep going too, the flaws in this game are almost too numerous to count.

If you would like to keep telling yourself that just because you can join games quickly doesn't mean this game is dead, that's fine and your entitled to your opinion. But considering you can't provide any actual numbers on anything other then Steam, I believe your statements fall under the "opinion" category.....and we all know about opinions

FrostedBeatle12
06-24-2017, 05:52 PM
Gray360UK I would say that with 18,000 people having played through the last event does look good. I can't argue anything about it, but I won't just accept that number for fact either considering Ubi won't come out and give us their numbers.

Let's say, for ****s and giggles, that the number is actually correct (considering Ubi won't give us numbers, I can't say they are or they are not ....but look at previous warriors dens and then go look at the realm war map and tell me that their math isnt .... shady..... at times). That's fantastic. But it's also very concerning as well. We've gone from 1 engine running 150,000 players to the whole world having 18k in less then 5 months. For a game that's been out for years, with no new content, this wouldn't be surprising. But this is a new game with a years worth of new content already developed and it's already gone head first off the cliff. Again, I'm not saying the game is dead. I never have. I will say that if they don't get their stuff in order, other games will come along and replace this one rather fast.

The_B0G_
06-24-2017, 05:58 PM
Titles are coming to Consoles as well The Bog. And with the consoles trying to match PC's now, it won't be long till PC games become available to consoles. That, along with the fact that you seem to be the ONLY person who isn't having problems at the moment, lets me know that no matter how you try and skew it, it's still bad...... just because PlayStation is less frustrating doesn't mean the game isn't in a dire situation.

Do you still drop matches? Do you still find yourself playing against or with 2 or 3 bots? Do you have rewards not being given out at least once a week at this point? I can find matches pretty quickly on Xbox too...... that doesn't mean that I don't have 8 other head aches that this game has caused. I can keep going too, the flaws in this game are almost too numerous to count.

If you would like to keep telling yourself that just because you can join games quickly doesn't mean this game is dead, that's fine and your entitled to your opinion. But considering you can't provide any actual numbers on anything other then Steam, I believe your statements fall under the "opinion" category.....and we all know about opinions

I do have problems, I still drop games but I don't have any issues with bots or rewards and I don't think the game is dying, although maybe on PC it is. My only real issues are games dropping and Centurions in 4v4 Dominion.

True about opinions though, much like your own, it's just an opinion. Most PC players are flakey, I know this because I have a PC and steam, numbers always drop quickly on that platform for nearly every game, for me it's because thete are so many games, any issue at all on PC is a goid enough reason to leave a game and look for another. Consoles don't have that luxury, most good games are coming out around christmas or early next year for us.

Gray360UK
06-24-2017, 05:58 PM
Gray360UK I would say that with 18,000 people having played through the last event does look good. I can't argue anything about it, but I won't just accept that number for fact either considering Ubi won't come out and give us their numbers.

Let's say, for ****s and giggles, that the number is actually correct (considering Ubi won't give us numbers, I can't say they are or they are not ....but look at previous warriors dens and then go look at the realm war map and tell me that their math isnt .... shady..... at times). That's fantastic. But it's also very concerning as well. We've gone from 1 engine running 150,000 players to the whole world having 18k in less then 5 months. For a game that's been out for years, with no new content, this wouldn't be surprising. But this is a new game with a years worth of new content already developed and it's already gone head first off the cliff. Again, I'm not saying the game is dead. I never have. I will say that if they don't get their stuff in order, other games will come along and replace this one rather fast.

Like I said, make of it what you will :) I am happy that it's fact, mostly because it's considerably lower than previous events, so if they really wanted to hide the truth I am sure they would make up a figure a lot higher than 18,000.

FrostedBeatle12
06-24-2017, 06:00 PM
See, your willing to argue no matter what. I stated that your 18k "actual numbers" was a good statistic for you guys. I'm not out to argue and I won't turn this into a pissing contest. You didn't even post a screen shot of said number, so it really could just be you pulling **** out of your *** like everyone else. I didn't even say that. I said, that's fantastic that you can show 18k people are playing, but that it doesn't take away from the fact your losing players. That's all I said, so go reread my post if you have too.....

MetalDevil19
06-24-2017, 06:03 PM
Cent hasn't even gotten nerfed really yet so idk what ur talking about. His coming nerf is suppose to hit sometime this coming week.

Thats what I heard...

Gray360UK
06-24-2017, 06:10 PM
See, your willing to argue no matter what. I stated that your 18k "actual numbers" was a good statistic for you guys. I'm not out to argue and I won't turn this into a pissing contest. You didn't even post a screen shot of said number, so it really could just be you pulling **** out of your *** like everyone else. I didn't even say that. I said, that's fantastic that you can show 18k people are playing, but that it doesn't take away from the fact your losing players. That's all I said, so go reread my post if you have too.....

Wow, that escalated quickly. You're not out to argue? Are you sure?

Why are you throwing your toys out of your pram like a toddler?

You said you would not accept the figure as fact so what good did it do to say that it was a good number immediately before discrediting it? I'm not arguing about anything. I presented a fact, you trashed it, I said as I did from the start that you're free to make of it what you will, and now you're acting like I've pissed in your cornflakes and kicked your dog. I said myself that the number is considerably lower and now you're telling me 'that doesn't take away from the fact you're losing players' when that is exactly what I said. You have issues.

I couldn't care less if you think I would make up a figure, I think people here know me well enough to know I tell it how it is. I could produce a screenshot to prove it but not to satisfy the demands of someone acting like a 2 year old.

FrostedBeatle12
06-24-2017, 06:22 PM
Ok, first off. Let's get this out of the way

didn't you make a post about not receiving compensation for not receiving rewards? If you haven't had that happen to you or you don't have a problem, why even post? Either way, it proves that they do have a problem with their rewards system. And you have been vocal about it. So why now do you not acknowledge it as not being a problem?

Second, I TOLD YOU THAT I ACCEPTED YOUR 18k as correct. Do I believe it could be flawed? Of course, this game is full of them. but I clearly stated that it was good that you guys have that number. Did I say you COULD HAVE pulled it out of your ***..... I sure did, and until you provide a SS, that will STILL be the case. The proof falls into you when you present the evidence. I've stated that you can clearly see the viewership numbers on streams. You can clearly go watch videos of their youtubers saying "enough, I can't do this anymore". And people can actually go look at that for themselves.......

IM GLAD YOU HAVE 18K PLAYERS WORLD WIDE, I really am. No ********, no fluff. That doesn't mean that there's been a drastic drop in player count since release tho.

I didn't escalate, you did. I've not said 1 negative thing about you. Even when I wanted to roast the **** out of you, and clearly could have. Don't try and make me look like an ******* when you came here looking to tell me that I was wrong. YOU CAME TO THIS POST, I didn't tag you, I didn't involve you in this conversation. You put yourself here. Now act like a grown adult who can be told no, your wrong........

Gray360UK
06-24-2017, 06:40 PM
Ok, first off. Let's get this out of the way

didn't you make a post about not receiving compensation for not receiving rewards? If you haven't had that happen to you or you don't have a problem, why even post? Either way, it proves that they do have a problem with their rewards system. And you have been vocal about it. So why now do you not acknowledge it as not being a problem?

Second, I TOLD YOU THAT I ACCEPTED YOUR 18k as correct. Do I believe it could be flawed? Of course, this game is full of them. but I clearly stated that it was good that you guys have that number. Did I say you COULD HAVE pulled it out of your ***..... I sure did, and until you provide a SS, that will STILL be the case. The proof falls into you when you present the evidence. I've stated that you can clearly see the viewership numbers on streams. You can clearly go watch videos of their youtubers saying "enough, I can't do this anymore". And people can actually go look at that for themselves.......

IM GLAD YOU HAVE 18K PLAYERS WORLD WIDE, I really am. No ********, no fluff. That doesn't mean that there's been a drastic drop in player count since release tho.

I didn't escalate, you did. I've not said 1 negative thing about you. Even when I wanted to roast the **** out of you, and clearly could have. Don't try and make me look like an ******* when you came here looking to tell me that I was wrong. YOU CAME TO THIS POST, I didn't tag you, I didn't involve you in this conversation. You put yourself here. Now act like a grown adult who can be told no, your wrong........

lol ... What an angry little man you are. You seriously need anger management classes. Way too much rage in response to someone simply dropping a helpful statistic into a conversation about how many people are left playing.

But just for the record this is what you said:

but I won't just accept that number for fact

So you can say 'I TOLD YOU THAT I ACCEPTED YOUR 18k' all you like, you didn't.

As for the rest, you are a nutcase, sorry. I don't know what's happened in your life to make you react like a maniac to the slightest thing that anyone says that could only vaguely be considered as arguing with you, but you need help from a professional.

FrostedBeatle12
06-24-2017, 07:03 PM
Ok, the CAPS are not rage. They should be bold, but I was lazy and didn't take the time to do it. Got me there.

The caps were meant to get you to read and maybe understand the original statement or to put emphasis on the word. I don't care about you. You couldn't make me rage, considering your behind a computer screen. You wouldn't talk to me face to face as you have conducted yourself here. No threats, I'm not the biggest baddest out there, just a simple statement I made based off your interweb behavior. And since you wouldn't handle this situation in such a way as to name call if we were face to face .... there's really no need for me to get even the slightest bit tilted.

The fact that you think of yourself as having that kind of power tho, is very ... Trump'like. And your skirting around the issues to tell me how crazy and sad my life is, accomplishes nothing for you. Again, you came here to this post to put your .2's in. When told why you may be looking at it wrong (again, I didn't even call your 18k ********, no matter what you type) you started to argue. if it's a non issue, leave it be. You were a non issue to me, and you know what I've accomplished by typing these long paragraphs? Absolutely nothing. So take it from me, don't waste your time on garbage. And if I were you, I may take the crazy babies advice.

Have a great day and enjoy your keyboard, because I'm done giving you my time.

brashtralas
06-24-2017, 07:30 PM
I often wonder what people NOT on the forums think. I mean its pretty obvious that those of us here are a verrry small minority of the playerbase. I don't think i would have noticed a single nerf, buff, change whatever if i didn't read patch notes. Honesty i didn't even know games did that until FH came out and i found the forums.

I went out of my way to come to these forums because of one thing: CENTURION.

I can deal with all the other annoyances, but he singlehandedly ruins teammodes. All skill and competitiveness is thrown out the window when a singular centurion joins a match.

I repped up a centurion, so I know how cheap he is, and I know how to counter him. Still imbalanced.

To make matters worse, it appears that the developers don't agree, despite its obviousness. I believe this is a matter that is not thoroughly represented by the data. There's no way to know when a player literally sets their controller down when two centurions are stunlocking them.

The data shows hard numbers. Know what cannot be represented through hard numbers?

FUN.

Eyaside
06-24-2017, 08:21 PM
You know, while half of you prophets sit here and scream the game is dead and woe is me and such, other people that aren't coming on the forums aren't exposed to it and just have fun. Crazy concept I know, almost unheard of. Unfortunately when youtubers put out content trying to say the game is dead etc, people just echo chamber it because they think this person is some community spokesperson and that their words reflect everyone else's opinion when that couldn't be further from the truth.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the vocal few who scream about everything are influencing the quieter ones and are slowly ruining this game with their toxicity. I mean just opening up the general discussion threads, the whole first page is basically people ****ting on the game for the most petty reasons. And the funnier part is, it's usually the same 10-15 people who've made countless threads already but they can't stop preaching.

Some of you need to sit back and have a break. Or just have fun with something, seriously.