PDA

View Full Version : I just got a penalty..

Kaijudub
06-23-2017, 08:35 PM
While having a friendly convo over messages with my opponent.. For inactivity.

Punished for not being ****** bags to each other.

GG ubisoft

Antonioj26
06-23-2017, 08:50 PM

GG ubisoft

Weren't you in favor of the leaver penalty?

Titanodragon
06-23-2017, 08:56 PM
I think alot of people were in favor for it.

Kaijudub
06-23-2017, 08:56 PM
Weren't you in favor of the leaver penalty?

Oh here's mr I like to argue, such surprise much wow.

Yeah, punish the bejesus out of people that actively quit because they are losing. Don't punish someone because they've taken literally 30 seconds to continue a decent conversation with the person they've been duelling for the last 10 minutes?

Anymore? or are you going to follow me around for the rest of the eve?

@someoneubirelated have a word please.

JibletHunter
06-23-2017, 09:01 PM

Yeah, punish the bejesus out of people that actively quit because they are losing. Don't punish someone because they've taken literally 30 seconds to continue a decent conversation with the person they've been duelling for the last 10 minutes?

Anymore? or are you going to follow me around for the rest of the eve?

Better not change your opinion based on experience or Antonio will get you. Dude has tons of time on his hands and spends it bullying posters he personally disagrees with. Just ignore him and move on.

Antonioj26
06-23-2017, 09:01 PM

Anymore, or are you going to follow me around for the rest of the eve?

No I just thought it was funny. They weren't punishing you because of your conversation they were punishing you for going afk. They don't know what you are doing. It would be like me getting mad for them kicking me while I was feeding my daughter and then saying "I was punished for giving my daughter what she needs to live, GG Ubisoft."

Kaijudub
06-23-2017, 09:09 PM
No I just thought it was funny. They weren't punishing you because of your conversation they were punishing you for going afk. They don't know what you are doing. It would be like me getting mad for them kicking me while I was feeding my daughter and then saying "I was punished for giving my daughter what she needs to live, GG Ubisoft."

Erm I guess, although you'd probably take 10 minutes to feed her so would quit anyway. If you're the kinda guy that feels like playing for honor is more important than your daughter then I feel for your daughter.

Resenting a game because you have to feed your daughter, nope can't empathise there sorry.

We were dueling, it was fun, we messaged a few times saying yoh this fight is fun GG, I got booted, I got penalty, not cool.

Understand? Daughters need no involvement

Antonioj26
06-23-2017, 09:16 PM
Erm I guess, although you'd probably take 10 minutes to feed her so would quit anyway. If you're the kinda guy that feels like playing for honor is more important than your daughter then I feel for your daughter.

Resenting a game because you have to feed your daughter, nope can't empathise there sorry.

We were dueling, it was fun, we messaged a few times saying yoh this fight is fun GG, I got booted, I got penalty, not cool.

Understand? Daughters need no involvement

Never said for honor was more important than my daughter but okay. Doesnt really matter what you were doing, you were afk and you got penalised for it. The point of the analogy was what you are doing is completely irellevant. You weren't at all sympathetic to the reasons people gave when they said the quit penalty didn't make sense and just like you wanted the penalty went through.https://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/simpsons/images/d/d4/Lisa%27s_Nightmareopaw.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140926085025

Kaijudub
06-23-2017, 09:28 PM
Never said for honor was more important than my daughter but okay. Doesnt really matter what you were doing, you were afk and you got penalised for it. The point of the analogy was what you are doing is completely irellevant. You weren't at all sympathetic to the reasons people gave when they said the quit penalty didn't make sense and just like you wanted the penalty went through.https://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/simpsons/images/d/d4/Lisa%27s_Nightmareopaw.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140926085025

The key part of this you're missing is... I didn't quit... therefore the "quit penalty" shouldn't apply, or the afk limit needs to be extended.

You know, constructive feedback. Rather than just being that forum c**t.

Gray360UK
06-23-2017, 09:31 PM
I get that it kinda sucks because what you were doing wasn't technically wrong, but Antonioj26 is right really and I think you know he is. I can't count the number of times I got kicked from PvP matches during my World of Warcraft days when trying to make a quick drink, put something in the oven, answer the phone or visit the bathroom. My fault every time, no matter how annoying it was. How can the game know I am just trying to make a coffee?

If you are inactive for the period of time that the game you are playing counts as you being AFK, then that's on you. In your case it seems you weren't even away from the game, so all you needed to do was emote or walk about or something between sentences. Surely it was more than 30 seconds as well, not sure exactly what the AFK period is, but it's a good while isn't it?

Antonioj26
06-23-2017, 09:33 PM
The key part of this you're missing is... I didn't quit... therefore the "quit penalty" shouldn't apply, or the afk limit needs to be extended.

You know, constructive feedback. Rather than just being that forum c**t.

30 seconds needs to be extended? Thats a really long time to be without a teammate. You can say to limit it to duels but now you are holding up someone elses time because you want to do whatever you want for X amount of time. "Punished for not being ******bags to each other GG ubisoft." Yeah dude, super constructive.

Kaijudub
06-23-2017, 09:37 PM
30 seconds needs to be extended? Thats a really long time to be without a teammate. You can say to limit it to duels but now you are holding up someone elses time because you want to do whatever you want for X amount of time. "Punished for not being ******bags to each other GG ubisoft." Yeah dude, super constructive.

Erm we were fighting each other, a new round started, no one was holding anyone up.

Just Wow.

Edit. Are you both really unable to see the irony here?? In a toxic community two people having fun got wrongly punished... oh kay, I'm done here x

Gray360UK
06-23-2017, 09:43 PM
Erm we were fighting each other, a new round, started no one was holding anyone up.

Just Wow.

Edit. Are you both really unable to see the irony here?? In a toxic community two people having fun got wrongly punished... oh kay, I'm done here x

It's irrelevant what you were doing though. You can be feeding starving child in Africa but if you do it while you're in a For Honor match you're going to get booted for being AFK.

I get what you are saying, but like I said, the game doesn't know what you are doing, it can't. There is no relationship between the worth of what you are doing and the AFK timer, the two are totally independent of each other, there is no 'but I was just ... '

Have you not realised that life isn't always fair yet? ;)

Kaijudub
06-23-2017, 09:53 PM
It's irrelevant what you were doing though. You can be feeding starving child in Africa but if you do it while you're in a For Honor match you're going to get booted for being AFK.

I get what you are saying, but like I said, the game doesn't know what you are doing, it can't. There is no relationship between the worth of what you are doing and the AFK timer, the two are totally independent of each other, there is no 'but I was just ... '

Have you not realised that life isn't always fair yet? ;)

No offence chap but I don't need advice regarding life from the forum sticky king but thanks x

JibletHunter
06-23-2017, 10:00 PM

Have you not realized that life isn't always fair yet? ;)

I think his point is that he was in-game talking with another player who he was facing. Believe it or not it is possible to be for a general concept but against aspects of how it is implemented. That being said, I have no clue how UBI would implement a system that takes these things into account when assigning penalties.

That being said, Grey is correct in pointing out life is not fair. You are welcome to give your opinion/feedback on the leaver system and UBI can either consider it or not. however, dont feel the need to explain yourself to antagonists. Like I said, just ignore Antonio. He will just talk at with an air of elitism and condensation until you just kind of lose interest.

Antonioj26
06-23-2017, 10:02 PM
No offence chap but I don't need advice regarding life from the forum sticky king but thanks x

Clearly you do since you are getting kicked for afk and hes already told you the easiest way to combat that.

Gray360UK
06-23-2017, 10:03 PM

I'd beg to differ but I know you would only keep arguing. Guessing you won't stand around talking in a For Honor match and be surprised when you get kicked again though, so lesson learnt :)

Kaijudub
06-23-2017, 10:07 PM
I'd beg to differ but I know you would only keep arguing. Guessing you won't stand around talking in a For Honor match and be surprised when you get kicked again though, so lesson learnt :)

You two are quite the comedy act aren't you. I'm gonna call you tweedle dee and tweedle dumb from now on, gray you are dumb for the purpose of this experiment.

I didn't quit and I wasn't afk. I was doing something that entirely related to the duel I was involved in. I'll await reply from a Ubi soft rep, as you two wannabes clearly have no F*****G idea what you're talking about, and are no authority on this anyway..

Children in Africa, lol.

Antonioj26
06-23-2017, 10:08 PM

Out of curiosity I tested this whole "getting kicked while sending a message" so after I won the first round of a duel I started my timer, the next round the opponent killed me even though I was obviously afk. Some people are so thirsty for wins so I can't really get mad at him. Nonetheless it took him 47 seconds to realize I was afk and then kill me with the environment. The next round started and then I was kicked 13 seconds later so that leads me to believe that the afk timer is a full minute. Thats more than enough time to squeeze off a message, go back to your match, press triangle, and then go back to writing the next message. By the way none of that included the load times in between matches, If I did you could add another 15 seconds.

Antonioj26
06-23-2017, 10:09 PM
You two are quite the comedy act aren't you. I'm gonna call you tweedle dee and tweedle dumb from now on, gray you are dumb for the purpose of this experiment.

I didn't quit and I wasn't afk. I was doing something that entirely related to the duel I was involved in. I'll await reply from a Ubi soft rep, as you two wannabes clearly have no F*****G idea what you're talking about, and are no authority on this anyway..

Children in Africa, lol.

how are we wannabe's? How is not playing the game duel related? You weren't playing its that simple, you are making it more complicated than it needs to be. Just play the game and you won't get kicked for being afk and you wont get the penalty.

Gray360UK
06-23-2017, 10:24 PM

Children in Africa, lol.

You broke a fixed rule in a game that cannot appreciate why you broke it, and you get angry at the game. Re-directed aggression and a refusal to accept personal responsibility. Then we have the petty insults and name calling. You take things personally almost instantly and want to lash out like a child. You immediately took offence when Antonioj26 made some pretty reasonable comments, tried to paint him as the beligerent one, and now you're doing the same to me, for simply telling it like it is. Assuming you aren't a child you're sure doing a good job of acting like one.

You need a lot more advice regarding life than I am qualified to give you but growing up a bit would be my pro tip :)

Antonioj26
06-23-2017, 10:27 PM
You broke a fixed rule in a game that cannot appreciate why you broke it, and you get angry at the game. Re-directed aggression and a refusal to accept personal responsibility. Then we have the petty insults and name calling. You take things personally almost instantly and want to lash out like a child. You immediately took offence when Antonioj26 made some pretty reasonable comments, tried to paint him as the beligerent one, and now you're doing the same to me, for simply telling it like it is.Assuming you aren't a child you're sure doing a good job of acting like one.

You need a lot more advice regarding life than I am qualified to give you ;)

He's still bitter about me telling him warden is still a good character after the SB nerfs and I think hes still bitter about me teaching him the difference between a team, premade, and a pug. Doesn't really matter what I say, hes still going to lash out on me.

Gray360UK
06-23-2017, 10:32 PM
He's still bitter about me telling him warden is still a good character after the SB nerfs and I think hes still bitter about me teaching him the difference between a team, premade, and a pug. Doesn't really matter what I say, hes still going to lash out on me.

I don't think it matters what you have said in the past, check my comments, they were pretty reasonable, little anecdotal stories about my time in WoW and so on, and he's already insulting me and getting all ragey. He is just that kind of guy. You're going to get an extremely bad reaction unless you agree with every single word he says, no matter how nice you try to be about disagreeing with him. Lot of it about these days sadly.

Kaijudub
06-23-2017, 10:32 PM
You broke a fixed rule in a game that cannot appreciate why you broke it, and you get angry at the game. Re-directed aggression and a refusal to accept personal responsibility. Then we have the petty insults and name calling. You take things personally almost instantly and want to lash out like a child. You immediately took offence when Antonioj26 made some pretty reasonable comments, tried to paint him as the beligerent one, and you're now doing the same to me, for simply telling it like it is.Assuming you aren't a child you're sure doing a good job of acting like one.

You need a lot more advice regarding life than I am qualified to give you ;)

Deary me, you are living up to that dumb title, turned out to be the perfect gift.

As stated, neither of you are an authority here so I'll keep waiting for that Ubisoft rep ;) If you fail to see that interrupting two people enjoying their game is an issue then please stop posting here, you don't need to keep posting your opinions... although I know you like seeing them on the screen.

Or keep posting all you like, just gives my thread a bigger count and continues to back up the dee and dumb titles x

Gray360UK
06-23-2017, 10:36 PM
As stated, neither of you are an authority here so I'll keep waiting for that Ubisoft rep

You need a rep to tell you that standing around for a minute in a match will get you kicked for being AFK? Even though you already found that out for yourself? And you call me dumb? :rolleyes:

But you are right, replying to you just gives your post a bump and you more excuses to keep acting like a toddler, so you have a nice wait now. Someone official will be along shortly to tell you that you can't stand around doing nothing for a minute in a match. ;)

Sykoink
06-23-2017, 10:39 PM
I understand your situation, but what is it you want from Ubisoft exactly?

I'm sure you understand that a system like this can't pick apart every situation. People wanted the penalty system (including you it seems reading what was said on the first page) so this is something that comes with the penalty system. If you don't move, it is seen as being AFK, this gets you kicked from the game and the new implemented system gives you a penalty for it. Doesn't matter if you were chatting to someone in game or rescuing a help less kitty stuck in a tree you saw out of your window. You didn't quit, no. You weren't afk because you were chatting/sending messages BUT you were not moving which means the system automatically flags you as AFK, i'm sure you understand this right?

You could always try and raise a support ticket and hope to get 3 days free championship status :o :o

Antonioj26
06-23-2017, 10:39 PM
Deary me, you are living up to that dumb title, turned out to be the perfect gift.

As stated, neither of you are an authority here so I'll keep waiting for that Ubisoft rep ;) If you fail to see that interrupting two people enjoying their game is an issue then please stop posting here, you don't need to keep posting your opinions... although I know you like seeing them on the screen.

Or keep posting all you like, just gives my thread a bigger count and continues to back up the dee and dumb titles x

Doesnt really take an ubi rep to know that you shouldn't stop playing a game for too long because you will get kicked for AFK. Anyone can tell you this, what you are doing in between being in the match and getting kicked isn't relevant. You weren't enjoying the game though, you were away from the game so the game figured why give this person free xp for doing nothing? Don't need to insult us because you can't the simple concept of playing a game to avoid getting afk kicked.

Kaijudub
06-23-2017, 10:40 PM
You need a rep to tell you that standing around for a minute in a match will get you kicked for being AFK? Even though you already found that out for yourself? And you call me dumb? :rolleyes:

But you are right, replying to you just gives your post a bump and you more excuses to keep acting like a toddler, so you have a nice wait now. Someone official will be along shortly to tell you that you can't stand around doing nothing for a minute in a match. ;)

And another one to the count. Keep em coming x

Antonioj26
06-23-2017, 10:41 PM

I'm sure you understand that a system like this can't pick apart every situation. People wanted the penalty system (including you it seems reading what was said on the first page) so this is something that comes with the penalty system. If you don't move, it is seen as being AFK, this gets you kicked from the game and the new implemented system gives you a penalty for it. Doesn't matter if you were chatting to someone in game or rescuing a help less kitty stuck in a tree you saw out of your window. You didn't quit, no. You weren't afk because you were chatting/sending messages BUT you were not moving which means the system automatically flags you as AFK, i'm sure you understand this right?

You could always try and raise a support ticket and hope to get 3 days free championship status :o :o

Don't bring up outside examples or analogies, he doesn't understand those and instead will focus on picking that apart rather than understanding that you are trying to bridge a connection or give an example to the current situation.

Kaijudub
06-23-2017, 10:44 PM

Dude I completely understand that the game can't tell if I'm here or on quick trip to mars.

I just want them to be aware that this isn't good, we were having some wicked duels and having a decent time.. I just found it ironic that amongst all this toxicity I got punished for replying to some niceness.

Quit penalty for quitters, I didn't quit. Simple

Kaijudub
06-23-2017, 10:46 PM
Don't bring up outside examples or analogies, he doesn't understand those and instead will focus on picking that apart rather than understanding that you are trying to bridge a connection or give an example to the current situation.

And another one, your examples and analogies are poo.

Antonioj26
06-23-2017, 10:48 PM
Dude I completely understand that the game can't tell if I'm here or on quick trip to mars.

I just want them to be aware that this isn't good, we were having some wicked duels and having a decent time.. I just found it ironic that amongst all this toxicity I got punished for replying to some niceness.

But you weren't punished for replying to some niceness. You were kicked for being afk. Ill start a duel, record it, and I'll send a guy a nice message saying "I like your armor and kaijudub says hi." I bet I won't get kicked for that.

Kaijudub
06-23-2017, 10:49 PM
But you weren't punished for replying to some niceness. You were kicked for being afk. Ill start a duel, record it, and I'll send a guy a nice message saying "I like your armor and kaijudub says hi." I bet I won't get kicked for that.

Ooh do you want my psn so you can send me the proof...?

You really are boring

In fact Gray for what it's worth I apologise, Antonio is now dumb.. You're promoted to dee.

Antonioj26
06-23-2017, 10:51 PM
And another one, your examples and analogies are poo.

Not really, it gets the point across and anyone can understand what I'm saying as long as they aren't completely blinded by nerd rage the way you are right now.

Antonioj26
06-23-2017, 10:52 PM
Ooh do you want my psn so you can send me the proof...?

You really are boring

In fact Gray for what it's worth I apologise, Antonio is now dumb.. You're promoted to dee.

Nah I can just post the YouTube here if you want. Not sure how I'm dumb for pointing out how you are wrong but okay.

Kaijudub
06-23-2017, 10:53 PM
Not really, it gets the point across and anyone can understand what I'm saying as long as they aren't completely blinded by nerd rage the way you are right now.

Lol you don't have the mental capacity to give me rage. This is just another example of you needing to get your derail fix ;)

+1 to the count

Antonioj26
06-23-2017, 10:54 PM
Lol you don't have the mental capacity to give me rage. This is just another example of you needing to get your derail fix ;)

+1 to the count

Clearly I do, you've raged on me a few times. Doesn't really matter if it gets derailed or not. A few of us have already told you how to fix your non issue and you are still waiting for ubi to tell you the same thing we told you.

Sykoink
06-23-2017, 10:55 PM

And since the system can't tell what the reason was why you were standing still being inactive, it will kick you and give you a penalty.

What can they do about it in your opinion? If haven't seen an idea from you yet or any real feedback that they can use. (i'm not attacking you btw).

Your point is that most For Honor players are very toxic and negative and when you are being nice to other players you get punished for it. But you must understand that you can't just be inactive to write messages to someone while you are in an ongoing game knowing that the system will kick you for being inactive and the result is the new penalty system giving you a ''time out''.

You could have finished the game first and then afterwards;

1. Send messages back and forth while not in a game, this way you won't get kicked for inactivity and get a penalty
2. Invite him and create a custom match, i don't think you will get penalized there and you can talk while being in the game with your characters all day long.

Antonioj26
06-23-2017, 10:58 PM
And since the system can't tell what the reason was why you were standing still being inactive, it will kick you and give you a penalty.

What can they do about in your opinion? If haven't seen an idea from you yet or any real feedback that they can use. (i'm not attacking you btw).

Your point is that most For Honor players are very toxic and negative and when you are being nice to other players you get punished for it. But you must understand that you can't just be inactive to write messages to someone while you are in an ongoing game knowing that the system will kick you for being inactive and the result is the new penalty system giving you a ''time out''.

1. Send messages back and forth while not in a game, this way you won't get kicked for inactivity and get a penalty
2. Invite him and create a custom match, i don't think you will get penalized there and you can talk while being in the game with your characters all day long.

We've given him solutions, there's no point in trying to help him. You are trying to reason with someone who doesn't want to adapt to the situation, he just wants it to conform to him.

Kaijudub
06-23-2017, 11:01 PM

What can they do about in your opinion? If haven't seen an idea from you yet or any real feedback that they can use. (i'm not attacking you btw).

I did say increase the afk timer or take it away from the "quit" tick box initially I think? But yeah that's how I'd fix it.. I get that afk isn't great but the timing seems a tad strict for the possibility of communications.

Tbh I didn't even think it was a thing. I was just in the moment of fighting this guy and not getting a ****ty message that it didn't even cross my mind about being kicked. We were in the same game so I waited while he sent me a message etc it was all nice and honourable.

It wasn't a minute either but I could be wrong as was typing on pad.

Kaijudub
06-23-2017, 11:02 PM
We've given him solutions, there's no point in trying to help him. You are trying to reason with someone who doesn't want to adapt to the situation, he just wants it to conform to him.

Tbh I'd just like you to stop talking when adults are trying to have conversations.

Antonioj26
06-23-2017, 11:03 PM
I did say increase the afk timer or take it away from the "quit" tick box initially I think? But yeah that's how I'd fix it.. I get that afk isn't great but the timing seems a tad strict for the possibility of communications.

Tbh I didn't even think it was a thing. I was just in the moment of fighting this guy and not getting a ****ty message that it didn't even cross my mind about being kicked. We were in the same game so I waited while he sent me a message etc it was all nice and honourable.

It wasn't a minute either but I could be wrong as was typing on pad.

I timed it and have footage. It's a minute of game time at least and if loads times count than it's even longer at 1:15 seconds.

Antonioj26
06-23-2017, 11:07 PM
Tbh I'd just like you to stop talking when adults are trying to have conversations.

You know this "I'm an adult, you're a kid" sort of insult doesn't actually work on grown ups, right? Come to me with arguments.

Kaijudub
06-23-2017, 11:07 PM
I timed it and have footage. It's a minute of game time at least and if loads times count than it's even longer at 1:15 seconds.

Load time wasn't involved as a new round has just started. Regardless it doesn't matter as I didn't clip it so my info there is pointless.

Funny how the guy I was fighting thought it was stupid, yet I have to convince people on here that it's kinda wrong.

Antonioj26
06-23-2017, 11:18 PM
Load time wasn't involved as a new round has just started. Regardless it doesn't matter as I didn't clip it so my info there is pointless.

Funny how the guy I was fighting thought it was stupid, yet I have to convince people on here that it's kinda wrong.

K then it's at least a minute than still, plenty of time to get your messages out and and move your character around. It makes zero sense to make a stink out of something that's easily avoidable.

The afk timer exists to kick out farmers and the sooner they can do that the sooner a player or bot can pick up the slack. It doesn't make sense to me that they should extend that timer so you can get off 2 messages in a row instead of 1 for this very rare situation when it will have a far greater impact on the rest of the modes.

Kaijudub
06-23-2017, 11:19 PM
K then it's at least a minute than still, plenty of time to get your messages out and and move your character around. It makes zero sense to make a stink out of something that's easily avoidable.

The afk timer exists to kick out farmers and the sooner they can do that the sooner a player or bot can pick up the slack. It doesn't make sense to me that they should extend that timer so you can get off 2 messages in a row instead of 1 for this very rare situation when it will have a far greater impact on the rest of the modes.

Thanks for your opinion, now move along x

Antonioj26
06-23-2017, 11:25 PM
Thanks for your opinion, now move along x

Another well thought out post that counters my argument, GJ.

UbiNoty
06-23-2017, 11:37 PM
First, I'm sorry you were kicked for inactivity when you may not have actually been intentionally afk. But our system was functioning as intended in your particular situation - if you're not giving any input to the game, there's no way for us to tell what your intentions are. In the future, you may want to consider downloading the XB1/PS4 phone app to communicate so you can avoid a similar situation.

While we can take another look at the length of the afk-timer before you're kicked, we overall feel that 60s is reasonable given that most matches are 10 minutes on average. If you feel otherwise I'd be more than happy to listen to your reasoning and concerns and pass that over.

However, (and this is to everyone) please also remember that by choosing to discuss and post n a public forum like ours means that you must also behave in a manner that follows our forum rules (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1181763-Forum-Rules) and code of conduct (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1571524-Code-of-Conduct). Please refrain from insulting others and be mindful of your words the next time you post or the next time will not just be a warning.

Thanks.

edit: afk timer is actually 60s - my bad

That_guy44
06-23-2017, 11:39 PM
Op was afk farming. He got kicked for it. A lot of people were for the kicking those that AFK. Whats the problem?

Kaijudub
06-23-2017, 11:47 PM
First, I'm sorry you were kicked for inactivity when you may not have actually been intentionally afk. But our system was functioning as intended in your particular situation - if you're not giving any input to the game, there's no way for us to tell what your intentions are. In the future, you may want to consider downloading the XB1/PS4 phone app to communicate so you can avoid a similar situation.

While we can take another look at the length of the afk-timer before you're kicked, we overall feel that 30s is reasonable given that most matches are 10 minutes on average. If you feel otherwise I'd be more than happy to listen to your reasoning and concerns and pass that over.

However, (and this is to everyone) please also remember that by choosing to discuss and post n a public forum like ours means that you must also behave in a manner that follows our forum rules (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1181763-Forum-Rules) and code of conduct (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1571524-Code-of-Conduct). Please refrain from insulting others and be mindful of your words the next time you post or the next time will not just be a warning.

Thanks.

Thanks for getting back to me and confirming that it is indeed 30s, not the minute plus as someone tried to pass off. Personally I feel that is a little strict when communication is possible and likely but also am not a fan of afk farmers so wouldn't want to interfere with other game modes but maybe a slight increase in timer could work. Or just turn the afk timer off in duel, there's no advantage to be gained in duels from being afk as far as I can think?? Is that even possible?

Has the timer been reduced recently? I've not had this issue in 500 odd hours of play up to now?

I do have the app but didn't have access to my phone so pad was the only option. Probably another reason why being kicked wasn't even thought about.

Antonioj26
06-23-2017, 11:51 PM
Op was afk farming. He got kicked for it. A lot of people were for the kicking those that AFK. Whats the problem?

Hahaha

Antonioj26
06-23-2017, 11:53 PM
Thanks for getting back to me and confirming that it is indeed 30s, not the minute plus as someone tried to pass off. Personally I feel that is a little strict when communication is possible and likely but also am not a fan of afk farmers so wouldn't want to interfere with other game modes but maybe a slight increase in timer could work. Or just turn the afk timer off in duel, there's no advantage to be gained in duels from being afk as far as I can think?? Is that even possible?

Has the timer been reduced recently? I've not had this issue in 500 odd hours of play upbto now?

I do have the app but didn't have access to my phone so pad was the only option. Probably another reason why being kicked wasn't even thought about.

I have the footage of it being a minute I'll gladly post it, just give me a minute to upload it.

Kaijudub
06-23-2017, 11:55 PM
I have the footage of it being a minute I'll gladly post it, just give me a minute to upload it.

An Ubisoft rep just stated it was 30 seconds and yet you still argue!? You sir are joining my block list.

Antonioj26
06-23-2017, 11:57 PM
An Ubisoft rep just stated it was 30 seconds and yet you still argue!? You sir are joining my block list.

Yeah because theyve never been wrong before right?

https://youtu.be/WZj--_OiAE8

The_B0G_
06-23-2017, 11:57 PM

GG ubisoft

This is For Honor, not match.com; everyone must fight!!!

Kaijudub
06-23-2017, 11:58 PM
This is For Honor, not match.com; everyone must fight!!!

Lol!! That could've been an interesting marketing campaign!

UbiNoty
06-24-2017, 12:12 AM
My apologies everyone, I misspoke. The inactivity timer is actually be a minute long, so 60s. Sorry!

The_B0G_
06-24-2017, 12:13 AM
My apologies everyone, I misspoke. The inactivity timer is actually be a minute long, so 60s. Sorry!

We want 1 hour champion status!

Sykoink
06-24-2017, 01:04 AM
Lol!!

MarkedElite
06-24-2017, 01:29 AM

Holy **** that poop was legendary.

RenegadeRasta
06-24-2017, 02:17 AM
God, will you three stfu? This thread is so pointless. Please close.

psyminion
06-24-2017, 04:45 AM
Yeah because theyve never been wrong before right?

https://youtu.be/WZj--_OiAE8

Antonio be like
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2011/10/cage_bliss.gif

Antonioj26
06-24-2017, 04:58 AM
Antonio be like

Not gonna lie, that was the icing on the cake of an already pretty hilarious thread.

bmason1000
06-24-2017, 06:25 AM
Antonio be like
You're right, if you're afk watching con air, there should be no punishment. That's a legit reason. I think everyone here can agree. Even coyote would be on board with this one.

Eike.Kusch
06-24-2017, 09:21 AM
FYI guys: AFK = away from keyboard. So why should we get kicked for typing messages while we are not actually "away from keyboard"?

Anyway this thread was as hilarious as it was atrocious. Nice "For Honor" mentality showcasing.

Antonioj26
06-24-2017, 09:40 AM
FYI guys: AFK = away from keyboard. So why should we get kicked for typing messages while we are not actually "away from keyboard"?

Anyway this thread was as hilarious as it was atrocious. Nice "For Honor" mentality showcasing.

Good point, I guess that means I can alt tab and watch movies or I can hit the PlayStation button and watch YouTube videos from the app. I mean I'm not actually "away from my keyboard."

Eike.Kusch
06-24-2017, 09:52 AM
Good point, I guess that means I can alt tab and watch movies or I can hit the PlayStation button and watch YouTube videos from the app. I mean I'm not actually "away from my keyboard."

Indeed you're not. What I meant is that it's stupid to kick people out the game when they're actually playing it and typing messages.

Antonioj26
06-24-2017, 09:53 AM
Indeed you're not. What I meant is that it's stupid to kick people out the game when they're actually playing it and typing messages.

How is Ubisoft suppose to know if they are typing messages in psn?

Kaijudub
06-24-2017, 10:14 AM
How is Ubisoft suppose to know if they are typing messages in psn?

Ultimately that's not my problem, it's Ubisofts. If they're happy to piss off people that are actually trying to play their game properly then cool.

I thought they'd like to be made aware that the system they've implemented has real grey areas, but hey I guess not.

Antonioj26
06-24-2017, 02:26 PM
Ultimately that's not my problem, it's Ubisofts. If they're happy to piss off people that are actually trying to play their game properly then cool.

I thought they'd like to be made aware that the system they've implemented has real grey areas, but hey I guess not.

Didn't you ignore me for talking back to mommy? Grey areas, like the ones many people brought up but was constantly shut down by people like you? I'd link you the monkey paw again but I'm on my phone.

Kaijudub
06-24-2017, 02:37 PM
Didn't you ignore me for talking back to mommy? Grey areas, like the ones many people brought up but was constantly shut down by people like you? I'd link you the monkey paw again but I'm on my phone.

No I ignore you because I don't like you. I don't like you because of these high and mighty posts that you continue to reply with. Now I'm just going to block you x

Antonioj26
06-24-2017, 03:29 PM
No I ignore you because I don't like you. I don't like you because of these high and mighty posts that you continue to reply with. Now I'm just going to block you x

LOL k

JibletHunter
06-24-2017, 06:29 PM

Just ignore him man. Spends all day on forums, has over 8.5 days played (lol). Essentially, this is the only place Antionio can be an elitist, so just let him have it. Just don't feed the troll. It is partly this elitist attitude that drives new or existing players away.

I would recommend the competitive for honor subreddit for a more reasoned debate without the ego. They also do a good job of posting videos/clips and staying on topic.