PDA

View Full Version : Warriors Den - Do we need it every week? (POLL)

Gray360UK
06-23-2017, 04:31 PM
Okay, I thought this might be a good form of constructive feedback for the team and the mods. People have very mixed feelings about the Warriors Den Livestream at the moment and lately the reaction is more negative than positive. Of course that may be because of complainer bias (the unhappy make the most noise). So how do you feel about it?

Vote and share your thoughts as well as well if you like. Keep it constructive, please :)

Some things to think about ...

Does having the Warriors Den too often when there is no real news annoy you. Is this worse than not having it for a week. Would you rather no news than vague promises or soon™. Do you find it interesting and fun to watch no matter the content. Do you only watch it for news or do you enjoy the videos from the community and other features. Do you think having a Warriors Den every week raises hopes and expectations only to crush them. Is it counter-productive. Do you feel the team come across as annoyed at being asked the same questions over and over. Would it therefore be better to miss a week rather than have a week lacking in content. Would you prefer they wait until they really have something to tell us, so that we know a Warriors Den means something special.

Thanks all.

Netcode_err_404
06-23-2017, 04:35 PM
I absolutely need it every week, I would love to have something to laugh at.

Downvote me BRUVS

thornh
06-23-2017, 04:37 PM
My suggestion is Damien one week, Roman the next. Both need time to actually work with their teams and prioritize what needs to be fixed.

We don't really need community creations and all the extra bs. Most of that we can see anytime we want on reddit.

Maybe every two weeks for the Warrior's Den is better. That will give everyone more time to make progress and maybe we will get actual answers.

Gray360UK
06-23-2017, 04:47 PM
Are you guys able to vote by the way? I haven't created a poll before so just checking if it's all working as intended ...

RatedChaotic
06-23-2017, 05:02 PM
It works Grey. I voted I dont care. I dont really feel the need to watch it since Grey summarizes everything and is more professional about it than an amateur news feed. But players like it and enjoy it. I'm cool with that. Id rather skim thru Greys post than watch a video. Its faster.

SirCorrino
06-23-2017, 05:03 PM
I don't mind it every week, but then they need to actually answer questions and address community concerns, not just give non-committal half-answers and gloss over our concerns.

ONYX_x5
06-23-2017, 05:19 PM
Honestly, their attitude towards us is like we are privileged guest on their video game and not paying costumers.
Roman conducts business like a dictator runs a government. Nothing will come of it. Let the Warriors Den roll over and die just like so many paying players. No offense to Candle or you Gray, but it's a waste of time and a huge source of contention.

psyminion
06-23-2017, 05:44 PM
I quite enjoy the warriors den streams.
I feel that given the circumstance of working for a giant publisher, the For Honor team are doing a great job.

rome wasn't built in a day, and it sure didn't get built faster by crybabies.

id like to see more community creations and the like, and I think people's comments on the Warriors Den live stream should be limited to the FH quickchat:

"wow"
"sorry"
"good fight"

and last of all

"thanks".

ONYX_x5
06-23-2017, 05:59 PM
Rome wasn't built in a day.. Why is this being said over and over? Did they sale us a unfinished game? Is it still being completed after the sale?
Didn't Rome have problems with its Emperors? Didn't Rome fall because of one Emperor`s ignorant decision concerning the Vandals? Ya the Warrior's Den helps the holster sniffers, so keep it weekly.

Capoupacap
06-23-2017, 06:04 PM
My suggestion, They should split it. Let me explain:

While it's clear dev timing is becoming longer to actually launch patch - live update, the actual schedule of one/week may be a bit too much BUT necessary to maintain a Feedback/return between community and Dev. The work of E. Gauthier to make the stream more rich of content is also much appreciated, but the general objective of the stream is releasing informations ;)

Thornh proposed a Damian/Roman switch between weeks and I think it's an interesting proposition for three reasons:

1) It's give the respective director the time to advance in their respective job

2) it give E. Gauthier the proper timing to organize the Q&A a better way (no offense at all)

How can these stream actually work as a good Dev/Community exchange:

Each stream ( Damian - Roman) could have some section inside it:

- Work in progress with inside view. For the moment, some work in progress (the famous Damian's "we are investigating") are too mysterious to give us a "proper" returns to our issues.

- Future release and scheduling

- Known issues, Etc

- Community workout: Dev team open specific question and feedback like the "Orochi Feedback". In this case it was totally open question, but it can be really closed one (yes/no). The subject is discussed during the next stream of the respective director with the feedback we gave on this forum or reddit.

- Open Q&A: We could certainly find a way to prepare the question a bit better. Why not opening thread to prepare the stream and everyone can actually vote for the question. Developper can also choose for a more pertinent question.

Blasto95
06-23-2017, 06:24 PM
My suggestion is Damien one week, Roman the next. Both need time to actually work with their teams and prioritize what needs to be fixed.

We don't really need community creations and all the extra bs. Most of that we can see anytime we want on reddit.

Maybe every two weeks for the Warrior's Den is better. That will give everyone more time to make progress and maybe we will get actual answers.

I like this idea. Even if the streams are shorter because they're not focusing on both at once, it leaves them more time to prepare for Q&A and to have more meaningful info. Also would leave more time for Q&A if they desire, since apparently that was one issue this week, not having enough time to discuss everything they want.

I also wouldn't really care if they didn't have the warriors den they have been having. Maybe change it up once a month or something have a small community tournament or just between the Devs while chatting a little bit about the game. Im sure theres only so many questions they are prepared to have a good answer for, knowing that instead of an informative stream one week, people could get excited about a Dev tournament.

psyminion
06-23-2017, 06:31 PM
Rome wasn't built in a day.. Why is this being said over and over? Did they sale us a unfinished game? Is it still being completed after the sale?
Didn't Rome have problems with its Emperors? Didn't Rome fall because of one Emperor`s ignorant decision concerning the Vandals? Ya the Warrior's Den helps the holster sniffers, so keep it weekly.

I say 'rome wasn't built in a day' because clearly, the FH devs are working on adjusting the game mechanics for the community.
no one here knows what kind of hoops the devs have to jump through internally, OR how interdependent the systems of the game mechanics are... it's not as easy as typing some lines of code, hitting "save" and then 'publish'.

the saying is hopefully to give some different perspective to folks only seeing things from a "I paid for a game so it has to be perfect FOR ME, RIGHT F*CKING NOW" point of view.

the devs listen, and they ARE listening to the community, albeit with their own obstacles in the way, and people need to chill out and maybe get some sunshine instead of negatively obsessing over a 'dead' game that they are 'on a break' from.

EDG_Avocado
06-23-2017, 06:55 PM
This is indeed something we need every week. THis is not even close to the compensation of a failed game.

Graci0us
06-23-2017, 07:00 PM
I'm cool with every week. I do look forward to them. Up to the devs, though. I'm not sure an hour and a half of them being there at their desk is going to help much. With them being leads, they delegate alot of the work to the regular devs under them.

We.the.North
06-23-2017, 07:16 PM
People have very mixed feelings about the Warriors Den Livestream at the moment and lately the reaction is more negative than positive.

The negative feedbackbeing thrown at the Warrior's Den has nothing to do with its frequency. However, it has everything to do with its content being blend and non-constructive. Being repeated again and again "soon", "we're looking at it", etc. is not giving the community any information. Why create a whole Warrior's Den if the information being given there is not the one players are craving.

But I guess this is what For Honor is all about. The game "could" be amazing. The Warrior's Den "could" be informative. Unfortunately, the easy road is often taken by Ubisoft lately and players are let down from the very high expectation they have toward everything related to the game.

ShadowStepped
06-23-2017, 07:56 PM
I was going to vote Gray but the It wouldnt matter one way or the other because we still won't the information we need option wasn't available.
All sarcasm aside, i do not think it should be every week, what's the point although i do enjoy watching them squirm.

Gray360UK
06-23-2017, 08:25 PM
no one here knows what kind of hoops the devs have to jump through internally, OR how interdependent the systems of the game mechanics are... it's not as easy as typing some lines of code, hitting "save" and then 'publish'.

This is exactly what people want to know. Tell us these things then, show us the hoops, tell us about them, explain how interdependant the systems of the game mechanics are. Talk to us. We are not children. We'll get it and it won't make people angry in the way vague promises and soon™ does*

*maybe ;)

Gray360UK
06-23-2017, 08:43 PM
The negative feedbackbeing thrown at the Warrior's Den has nothing to do with its frequency. However, it has everything to do with its content being blend and non-constructive. Being repeated again and again "soon", "we're looking at it", etc. is not giving the community any information. Why create a whole Warrior's Den if the information being given there is not the one players are craving.

Well, you are saying it isn't to do with the frequency and then go on to argue that it almost entirely is. Like you say 'why create a whole Warriors Den if the information being given there is not the one the players are craving'. Exactly. So don't create one that week. Create one when you have the information the players are craving. Then you do not set yourself up for a fall and you do not perpetuate this cycle of hope and expectation turning to dissapointment / anger.

Is not the whole reason the same things are being repeated agan and again, soon™ and so on, because they are doing too many Warriors Dens when they don't actually have anything to say? It's like they feel they have to do one every week now. These streams give people huge expectations every week.. I see so many 'they better announce / fix / address this or I am out' comments in the day or so before a stream, and then they don't announce / fix / address those things, they show us Knight wannabees and funny videos and say soon™. That doesn't go down very well at all.

Like I said in the original post, this negativity around the stream each week could just be complainer bias. There is such a bad reaction each week when players don't get the news they want that it makes you wonder if the streams are doing more harm than good. Interestingly so far most people seem happy with one a week to the point of being angry if that changed.

We.the.North
06-23-2017, 08:44 PM
Exactly. So don't create one that week. Create one when you have the information the players are craving.

I used to work for Ubisoft Montreal and still have many friends working there, including some people working on For Honor. I have a good idea of the kind of "hoops" they have to jump through. I speak with members of the team and they really have a lot of say, relevant and important interesting stuff to say about the game. Stuff that are NOT being discussed about during Warrior's Den.

You see, the problem about the lack of information is often not something the messenger has any freedom over. There is a pretty good chance the people on the Warrior's Den are getting censored by higher up people. And TRUST ME, at Ubisoft, it doesn't matter if you are a genius from the video game industry ... all that matter is if people like to work with you and then you'll have a chance to move up in the hierarchy.

In other words, going against censorship instruction or just saying "I wish I could do xyz, but it's out of my hands because abc" is going to make you enemies and will completely kill you career in this company.

Yes, this company is suffering from a "cancer within". People are more concerned about having fun at work rather than actually doing good work and turning up a profit. If you speak French, read this article saying how the Governement of Quebec needs to pay about 37% of employees salary just to make sure Ubisoft turns up a profit. The following article (from today) reveals how without Government money, Ubisoft is not making any profit in the last ELEVEN years : http://affaires.lapresse.ca/economie/technologie/201706/22/01-5110283-ubisoft-plus-de-credits-dimpot-que-de-profits.php

This company is a sinking hole draining Quebec's ressources. It's no wonder the Vivendi Group is able to move as aggressively as they are on them. The "Guillemot" family is in real danger of losing that company.

I'm so glad I left hehehe.

Eyaside
06-23-2017, 08:50 PM
This is exactly what people want to know. Tell us these things then, show us the hoops, tell us about them, explain how interdependant the systems of the game mechanics are. Talk to us. We are not children. We'll get it and it won't make people angry in the way vague promises and soon™ does.

Only problem is, it's a big intricate system in such a company. If a big hat puts out that you better not give dates or estimates or anything in the case that you might not be able to deliver in time, that's how it goes and their hands are tied. If some system of doing things in Ubi is making it more difficult, I'd imagine they'd have a very hard time trying to speak out on why that is. I can tell that these devs care a lot and they do a crapton more than other devs' games that I've followed.

The method of coming up with these ideas, trying to produce these bug free and with no gamebreaking changes, getting them approved, QA, finalizations and getting them verified to be put on consoles while juggling 20 different problems and priorities while simultaneously having a vocal part of the community constantly belittling and harassing them (often with little knowledge on the subject matter) and constantly prophesying the game's demise, it has to be a bit exhausting and at the least demoralizing.

If people were to band up and try to help these devs out with this game they love to hate so much, we might start getting progress faster. Every time they ask for feedback, it's usually 70% naysaying and flaming rather than giving the suggested feedback to help them out. People may complain about the devs, but it's the damn community that keeps trying to put the nail in the coffin.

We.the.North
06-23-2017, 09:06 PM
People may complain about the devs, but it's the damn community that keeps trying to put the nail in the coffin.

It all comes down to trust.

At the release of For Honor, players posting on the forums were a lot more constructive (despite the terrible connection problems way worst at release than it is now). Ubinoty and UbiJurassic were passing the suggestions along and people were quite happy about it, going as far as thanking those 2 for passing the information along.

At the moment, with the accumulation of things letting down players, broken promises and the very long time it takes for Ubisoft to even acknowledge a problem before they actually attempt to fix it has broken the trust between the players and the developpers. At the moment, some players even give hate to Ubinoty and UbiJurassic when they lose their cool. Myself included.

Being a community manager is a real job with real challenges. Like any other job, you need good tools to do it. Those tools are the Devs actually working and doing progress on the issues the players are encountering. Right now, things are not moving at all and UbiNoty / UbiJurassic can only "stall" the hatred on the forums for so long.

It all comes down to trust ... and when that trust is gone, so is respect.

Capoupacap
06-24-2017, 06:15 AM
Just a post to brung this post to the top because of forum spam

RealJayDee1984
06-24-2017, 09:15 AM
http://68.media.tumblr.com/a31c2a9ee01641bfebb9d4680cd9d419/tumblr_o6vau25kVk1tngc4po1_500.gif

Vakris_One
06-24-2017, 01:10 PM
I vote we turn it into "Roman's Salty Corner". A 3 hour weekly livestream of just Roman slowly eating cornflakes with a completely straight face from a bowl that says, "Community tears".

At the end of every video he closes off by saying, "Your questions were answered in the previous stream." then big smile, fade out :D

Gray360UK
06-24-2017, 01:12 PM
I vote we turn it into "Roman's Salty Corner". A 3 hour weekly livestream of just Roman slowly eating cornflakes with a completely straight face from a bowl that says, "Community tears".

At the end of every video he closes off by saying, "Your questions were answered in the previous stream." then big smile, fade out :D

lol ;) Thanks for the fantastic mental image.

In fact, I'm going to be really dissapointed if next weeks stream doesn't feature at least a couple of minutes of him doing this.