PDA

View Full Version : Leave penalty - who came up with this genius idea?

kosmoodisk
06-23-2017, 11:42 AM
So I join a game, that is 800 / 30 for the enemy team, I have 2 bots and some guy in mine, and what do I do - I Don't want a free loss, so I leave.
I get 10 min penalty, because I left.

UBISOFT ARE YOU ******ED???

Aarpian
06-23-2017, 12:27 PM
The reason there's a leaver penalty is to stop games where it's 800/30 for the enemy team and you have 2 bots.

Rikuto01.tv
06-23-2017, 12:43 PM
A free loss? Ranked mode isn't even out and anyone who actually uses fhtracker has serious OCD as it prevents you from actually playing the game and trying things.

If anything you stood to gain free experience and steel. Since you dipped, I'd say you got what you deserved.

Draghmar
06-23-2017, 12:49 PM
There's a 30s period when you can leave without penalty. If you assessed the situation and decided it's a lost cause then why didn't you flee then?

Dude_of_Valor
06-23-2017, 01:29 PM
Come on the score is 800-30. It is going to be over in a blink of an eye and from that you gain steel and exp.

It would have lasted what 2 minutes, and then you are free to join another game.

Yes it sucks, and yes it is a loss but for the sake of a few minutes and a beating was quitting really worth it?

Beside you could help your opponents by attacking the bots to get things over and done with much quicker.

Nephertaris
06-23-2017, 01:41 PM
Believe it or not: you can turn around such situations. Besides: it is a game, sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.

PDXGorechild
06-23-2017, 01:42 PM
Come on the score is 800-30. It is going to be over in a blink of an eye

Wait then.

Puschelwerfer
06-23-2017, 05:17 PM
I Don't want a free loss, so I leave.
you should be happy. it's for free and don't cost you any steel.

UbiNoty
06-24-2017, 12:03 AM
You have a 30second grace period from the moment you load into a session to leave without any penalty. If you left within the allotted time frame and still received the penalty then please report it (https://support.ubi.com/en-us/Games/4315) so we can look into it.

Otherwise it may have been wiser to either just wait out the end of the game or even try to turn things around - a good mentality to always have is "it's not over until it's over". An optimistic attitude will let you enjoy your game time more than a negative one.:)

bmason1000
06-24-2017, 12:30 AM
800/30 can become 500/300 in literal seconds. Its not as big a gap as it seems. Especially if your team was all bots and now isn't. Those players could actually be pretty awful and when faced with human players can't hold their own d**** let alone 3 zones. Its not an automatic loss you just have to work a little for the win.

And of course you got hit with the quit penalty. When you're a quitter, that's what happens.

bmason1000
06-24-2017, 12:32 AM
Otherwise it may have been wiser to either just wait out the end of the game or even try to turn things around - a good mentality to always have is "it's not over until it's over". An optimistic attitude will let you enjoy your game time more than a negative one.:)See, Noty gets it.

FrostedBeatle12
06-24-2017, 04:11 PM
Great, just what I need. People telling me to "git gud" instead of asking Ubi why games are being left in the first place. Your connection is complete and utter ****e. Your matchmaking is even worse, constantly (and I mean that literally) seeing games with 2 or more 15+ 144GS toons against a team whos rank when added up equals 5. Watching a team that's outmatched by 40 ranks leave instantly is getting boring and I can't blame them. I'm not gonna tell them "stick it out while we stick it in you" and that's pretty much the consensus of this post.

And while yes, the occasional come from behind is a wonderful feeling, let's get honest with ourselves for one moment though...most of the time that's not the way it works. And maybe it's just cuz I'm not L337 enough, but it is RARE that you load into a game that's 800 points down already and the other team is ******ed. Usually it goes, 3 people camped on the closest zone for you and the cannon fodder of bots and low skilled players runs in 1 by 1 to get obliterated. This is in NO way fun. At all.

I quit every time now, I use 2 seconds of the games 30 second window and I'm gone. I don't even stick around when I land on the team that's up 800 points. What fun is that? And considering almost every match ends with 2 or 3 bots now (whether it's Rage quit or DC, it doesn't really matter) I don't think I'm the only one thinking this.

Can we at least get SOME information on the matchmaking problems? You tell us to keep a positive mind frame , yet you constantly let us down in EVERY aspect of this game. Let me ask you this. Let's say your friend Sarah is in an abusive relationship. Would you tell her "Don't worry about him smacking you upside the head, keep a positive attitude and it will make the beatings less severe"? Extreme, I know......but none the less relevant to what I'm being told. And I'm willing to bet your entire net worth that you wouldn't tell Sarah to just keep her head up.