PDA

View Full Version : How to win in Tournament / Rank Mode

My.Insanity
06-23-2017, 10:22 AM
So this is my Guide for you guys to win in the coming Rank / Tournament Mode:

Step 1: Pick a Hero with an awesome Parry Punishment (feel free to chose one of those many Heros: Warlord or Centurio)

Step 2: Start the Match and face on of those many Heros from above.

Step 3: Turtle... wait for your chance... maybe use only faints and guardbreaks (the only moves which are nearly save)

Step 4: enjoy the staring contest

Step 5: finaly the enemy is willing to attack you after 1min of dancing emots

Step 6: Parry his attack and throw him off a cliff / Wallsplatter him to death

Step 7: say: "good fight"

Step 8: repeat

https://static.tumblr.com/15e777b1ee2aaee640371ff785dd0c30/vqsh0bf/IAdonuygq/tumblr_static_tumblr_static__640.jpg

Gray360UK
06-23-2017, 10:25 AM
Just dodge.

Dude_of_Valor
06-23-2017, 10:38 AM
Sounds good to me.

Ulrichvonbek111
06-23-2017, 10:46 AM
Can the spam necked turtle brigade.

Netcode_err_404
06-23-2017, 10:49 AM
Well, may be a sarcastic thread, but you realize that the game is ****ed when even sarcastic threads speak the truth.

Ranked mode will be the most try hard festival ever created by the human beeing. Unless it will be realeased AFTER a major class balance patch AND turtle meta fix.

Otherwise i feel bad for the people who will q for ranked. Unless they are turtle lords.

XxHunterHxX
06-23-2017, 10:52 AM
And you said i was trolling....ha.....you ir doing what im doing...giving the developers **** so they dont let the game die

Draghmar
06-23-2017, 11:04 AM
They said we will see some 'exiting' patch next week. Maybe this one will be the one addressing turtle meta?

Netcode_err_404
06-23-2017, 11:23 AM
They said we will see some 'exiting' patch next week. Maybe this one will be the one addressing turtle meta?

Will be a warlord buff.

HA

Oupyz
06-23-2017, 11:25 AM
Centurion and Shinobi will have something to say against the meta lord turtles in tournaments

Draghmar
06-23-2017, 11:36 AM
Centurion and Shinobi will have something to say against the meta lord turtles in tournaments
Yeah: Turtle even more or get punished hard.

Rikuto01.tv
06-23-2017, 12:40 PM

Even in console tournaments (where they are stronger) they've been losing since they launched.

The blind optimism is cute, though.

My.Insanity
06-23-2017, 12:56 PM

i realy hope they do... because introducing Ranked Mode at the current State will only lead to more hate in the community.

In a game Mode where winning means everything people will use every tool every way to achive the Win.. so if this means using broken Heros.. or broken mechanics like unlock attacks / zone flicker or just sit there and wait for a parry... they will do it.

Netcode_err_404
06-23-2017, 01:45 PM

You speak the truth.

But what happens when a class that can open up turtles, starts to turtle ?

"MINDGAMES intensifies"

Blasto95
06-23-2017, 02:14 PM
While for some people, ranked mode may be unbalanced and plain boring because of turtles...

1) No hero, not even warlord, is so incredibly OP that you cant even imagine playing a different hero. Warlord is strong, arguably OP to some, but hes manageable.

2) Not everyone is a freaking pro and can turtle and parry every light attack. You guys act like any light thrown out you can parry. You cant. The top 1% of players cant even parry every light. And if you could, you wouldnt be wasting your time on these forums and on these pointless zero reward tournaments. You'd be out trying to actually take down real tournament competition for rewards.

So stop acting like these Ranked modes are going to be some turtle infested unbalanced game mode. Because half the people on this forum have never even parried a light attack on purpose. Were talking about 90% of the player base id say, that wont have any issue with "OP" Warlord or Centurion. If you're in that top tier skill group? Good for you, stop complaining about this ranked mode when you shouldve been involved in multiple tournaments that already have the same exact meta going on for months.

You want a better ranked mode? Stop asking for Centuurion nerfs in 1v1 because he can punish off lights, stop asking for Warlord nerfs because he can turtle like no other. Start asking for a Defensive meta change.

Draghmar
06-23-2017, 02:21 PM
You want a better ranked mode? Stop asking for Centuurion nerfs in 1v1 because he can punish off lights, stop asking for Warlord nerfs because he can turtle like no other. Start asking for a Defensive meta change.
Actually people are asking for this for a long time...very long time...
And I think people are more complaining about ranked being boring when infested with one or two classes. I'll wait and see how things will roll out but I wonder what will happen if we assume Warlord being OP and someone choose to play different one and will be put against someone on equal *person* skill level that will use Warlord.

Netcode_err_404
06-23-2017, 02:22 PM
While for some people, ranked mode may be unbalanced and plain boring because of turtles...

1) No hero, not even warlord, is so incredibly OP that you cant even imagine playing a different hero. Warlord is strong, arguably OP to some, but hes manageable.

2) Not everyone is a freaking pro and can turtle and parry every light attack. You guys act like any light thrown out you can parry. You cant. The top 1% of players cant even parry every light. And if you could, you wouldnt be wasting your time on these forums and on these pointless zero reward tournaments. You'd be out trying to actually take down real tournament competition for rewards.

So stop acting like these Ranked modes are going to be some turtle infested unbalanced game mode. Because half the people on this forum have never even parried a light attack on purpose. Were talking about 90% of the player base id say, that wont have any issue with "OP" Warlord or Centurion. If you're in that top tier skill group? Good for you, stop complaining about this ranked mode when you shouldve been involved in multiple tournaments that already have the same exact meta going on for months.

ppl are asking defense patch since open beta. LOL

Blasto95
06-23-2017, 02:34 PM
ppl are asking defense patch since open beta. LOL

I know people have. so have I. But thrown inbetween are PLENTY of people going on and on about Warlord and Centurion and Shiobi still, I would not doubt PK is still complained about somewhere. A lot of people dont just want a defensive meta nerf, they want these heroes directly nerfed. That should not happen. At least drastic changes, because we all hope a defensive meta change will come. That on top of direct nerfs to these heroes will absolutely crush them.

And my point still stands, defensive meta effects quite a small minority that most people should not even worry about it when ranked releases. Most people, like myself want these changes for the rare occurrences we do run into this meta issue, but also to actually enjoy watching these tournaments. I have not watched a single 1v1 tournament since like March. Its completely un enjoyable to watch. I jump in a game though, and no one is parrying every light attack I put out there, and im certainly not defending every attack thrown my way. But I still consider myself an average-above average player. If I dont worry about this meta while im playing, im sure half of you have never experienced it either, at least an effective turtle.

Netcode_err_404
06-23-2017, 04:38 PM
I know people have. so have I. But thrown inbetween are PLENTY of people going on and on about Warlord and Centurion and Shiobi still, I would not doubt PK is still complained about somewhere. A lot of people dont just want a defensive meta nerf, they want these heroes directly nerfed. That should not happen. At least drastic changes, because we all hope a defensive meta change will come. That on top of direct nerfs to these heroes will absolutely crush them.

And my point still stands, defensive meta effects quite a small minority that most people should not even worry about it when ranked releases. Most people, like myself want these changes for the rare occurrences we do run into this meta issue, but also to actually enjoy watching these tournaments. I have not watched a single 1v1 tournament since like March. Its completely un enjoyable to watch. I jump in a game though, and no one is parrying every light attack I put out there, and im certainly not defending every attack thrown my way. But I still consider myself an average-above average player. If I dont worry about this meta while im playing, im sure half of you have never experienced it either, at least an effective turtle.

Take 2 minutyes to analyze what warlord has, and what other classes have.

Warlord does what all others do but he does them better.

I won't even talk about his feats at this point.

MasterChiefPON
06-23-2017, 05:24 PM
I won't even talk about his feats at this point.

Which turn him into an armored tank with more health or increased chip damage giving him the possibility to turtle or crush turtles and when you kill him, jokes on you, he has two lives, at least half life now.

My.Insanity
06-23-2017, 05:41 PM

actually i made this Post to show that they need to change the Defensive Meta before adding a Ranked Mode... since this Game was out i was hyped for a Ranked Mode but since then we all have improved our Skills in this Game and parry an Attack is easy (btw i play on PC) ofc you cant parry each light attack but you dont need to parry every attack... for example:

If you play a Valk and the enemy plays a Cent... you go for a light / light / speersweep / heavy which deals what? 55 dmg? and the enemy Cent managed you parry just 1 of those light attacks.. you get 65 dmg.. so even if you only poke him with single Light attacks.. its totaly worth to try and parry them.. even if you miss 4 or 5 times.. the punishment for parry 1 single light attack is much more then attacking all the time... and this is only a little example.. if he hits you against a Wall its 90 dmg... or if he throws you down a cliff

So yes... im asking for a change in the Devensive Meta! (Centurio nerf will follow after this :P)

UbiNoty
06-24-2017, 12:53 AM
actually i made this Post to show that they need to change the Defensive Meta before adding a Ranked Mode... since this Game was out i was hyped for a Ranked Mode but since then we all have improved our Skills in this Game and parry an Attack is easy (btw i play on PC) ofc you cant parry each light attack but you dont need to parry every attack... for example:

If you play a Valk and the enemy plays a Cent... you go for a light / light / speersweep / heavy which deals what? 55 dmg? and the enemy Cent managed you parry just 1 of those light attacks.. you get 65 dmg.. so even if you only poke him with single Light attacks.. its totaly worth to try and parry them.. even if you miss 4 or 5 times.. the punishment for parry 1 single light attack is much more then attacking all the time... and this is only a little example.. if he hits you against a Wall its 90 dmg... or if he throws you down a cliff

So yes... im asking for a change in the Devensive Meta! (Centurio nerf will follow after this :P)

There will be a change to the defensive meta and given that we're still only in the beta stages of testing ranked/tournament, I do expect it to come out before the final tournament mode is released. Thank you for your feedback on this and I'll make sure the team knows that this is a big concern for you.

Weird_Eagle
06-24-2017, 01:07 AM
There will be a change to the defensive meta and given that we're still only in the beta stages of testing ranked/tournament, I do expect it to come out before the final tournament mode is released. Thank you for your feedback on this and I'll make sure the team knows that this is a big concern for you.

That makes me hard laugh.
This is what we hear many many weeks, but nothing happens
There will be a change to the defensive meta?
Yeah but when it will arrive?
Get hurry or the game dies, cause the most people leave this game cause there are two gamebreaking errors!
1. Connection
2. Turtle meta

You try to balance the caracters, but you cant balance them without fixing the meta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fix it or you lose the whole playerbase that exists atm
ive 5 friends they all quit playing!
2 cause of the connection issues
3 cause of the turtle meta
The 2 with the connection problems all having green nat.
But hey "There will be a change to the defensive meta"
at the latest on christmas
Ive loved this game, but atm i dont play it annymore, a have no words to explain how i feel cause i dont want a forumban

VoIume Control
06-24-2017, 03:21 AM
Xd ^ agree

Vakris_One
06-24-2017, 12:57 PM
I just want better 1v1 Duel maps. They're almost all so horribly designed with cliff drops everywhere and tight spaces that pretty much guarrantee a win for any close quarters speed freaks like Cent and PK. That samurai pagoda map is particularly disgusting, it's just one big cliff drop. There is zero fighting to be had there, it's just about who get the 1-hit kill. Make one mistake and you're getting chucked off as punishment - 1 move KO *slow clap*

Really, really terrible map designs for 1v1. Whoever did them dropped the ball big time. I bet it's the reason why Roman looks so salty in every livestream - man plays too much Duel ;)

The Ranked mode is going to be a disaster if they don't address the defense meta first and also remove over half of the 1v1 maps. Basically just leave the courtyard in Ashfeld to be the only map - no cancerous cliff drops and a good sized space to move around in.

Gray360UK
06-24-2017, 01:05 PM
Really, really terrible map designs for 1v1. Whoever did them dropped the ball big time

I've always thought that. The maps where you start on narrow wooden bridges or on the side of a cliff are just ridiculous. How anyone making a map for a mode in which the players are supposed to test their combat skills against each other in a Duel thought having maps that are 99% environmental hazard was a good idea is beyond me.

Netcode_err_404
06-24-2017, 01:51 PM
I've always thought that. The maps where you start on narrow wooden bridges or on the side of a cliff are just ridiculous. How anyone making a map for a mode in which the players are supposed to test their combat skills against each other in a Duel thought having maps that are 99% environmental hazard was a good idea is beyond me.

The game is not meant to test your skills.

Like all casual games there are a bunch of people who treat is as competitive simple as that

Vakris_One
06-27-2017, 03:16 AM
The game is not meant to test your skills.

Like all casual games there are a bunch of people who treat is as competitive simple as that
The game's primary USP (unique selling point) is the art of battle fighting system where opponents pit their wits, knowledge, skills and nerves against one another in a semi-realistic simulation of sword/melee weapon combat. The game is also meant to be fun like every game ever made.

Pressing 2 buttons to throw a player off a cliff like Donkey Kong hurls barrels down floors is neither fun nor is it really utilising the art of battle fighting system.

RatedChaotic
06-27-2017, 04:18 AM
This is mine for Duel and Ranked Duel..........

Pick Shinobi

Exit every game till you get Forest Bridge map

Stay on bridge

Slide attack

"How do you like dem apples?"

PDXGorechild
06-28-2017, 03:32 PM

Right behind you on this bro. I made a thread with the idea of making arena maps like a coliseum for us players who actually like to fight, not throw people into walls or off cliffs, but got no love at all.

mrmistark
06-28-2017, 04:13 PM
Idk I play shugoki and do rather well. I feel as though the people that complain the most about these things are pc and not console players, because pc has much better reaction in my experience and opinion. Console is much harder for some reason to react, I think the symbol timings are slightly different or connectivity. Who knows. Anyways, I play mainly on xbox. I personally think the defensive meta is not even really prevalent anymore except with heros specifically revolved around defense such as conq and warlord. People that have been turtling I have been wrecking easily, it's alll about reading the opponent and not being predictable. Honestly I think the overly aggressive new characters are a bigger problem now. Like since when has an unblockable shove punched through literally everything? I think the fix to gear was good enough. I mean ****, defense pen alone nullifies any defense the character has. They made one stat equal 3 slots. Idk, I've played every character in the game consistently and even high defense characters get **** on in like 3 hits every time

dragon7jdc
06-28-2017, 04:33 PM
So this is my Guide for you guys to win in the coming Rank / Tournament Mode:

Step 1: Pick a Hero with an awesome Parry Punishment (feel free to chose one of those many Heros: Warlord or Centurio)

Step 2: Start the Match and face on of those many Heros from above.

Step 3: Turtle... wait for your chance... maybe use only faints and guardbreaks (the only moves which are nearly save)

Step 4: enjoy the staring contest

Step 5: finaly the enemy is willing to attack you after 1min of dancing emots

Step 6: Parry his attack and throw him off a cliff / Wallsplatter him to death

Step 7: say: "good fight"

Step 8: repeat

https://static.tumblr.com/15e777b1ee2aaee640371ff785dd0c30/vqsh0bf/IAdonuygq/tumblr_static_tumblr_static__640.jpg

For honor in a nut shell.

DrinkinMehStella
06-28-2017, 05:02 PM
can't stand 1v1 and 2v2 with the currently turtle meta, I also can't stand 4v4 with the current gank squads and CC so what else is left? Battlefield 1!!

Knight_Raime
06-28-2017, 09:43 PM
Welcome to top tier play! this isn't anything new.
Ranked has not changed this.

Netcode_err_404
06-28-2017, 09:55 PM
tekken 7 and injustice seems so much funnier to play