PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts about BGE2 development model

Al_Gray
06-23-2017, 04:29 AM
On E3, we saw a huge scales of a game, and this is explains that a game cant be here soon. But, maybe developers can cut a game to a modules? Like we have a core of game (1-2 planets, base mechanics, etc.) (maybe like payed beta) and modules (DLC/ Seasons) which expand a core (extra planets, missions, vehicles). Also that can make a game more "alive" for players, and give a possability to support, refresh and expand a game for a very long time.

Sedoy_Ural
06-23-2017, 07:31 AM
A good idea. So it will be:D

FlorianRex
06-23-2017, 08:17 AM
No plz D:, I want to play the full game without DLCs ,,,, (I'm not rich man)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go and Visit the B:G&E 2 POLL!!!
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1689737-How-do-you-want-to-be-Beyond-Good-and-Evil-2-(POLL)

Regards, Florian.

Stewthepoo
06-23-2017, 03:13 PM
Given the option I would prefer they finish development 100% and then just sell it as is. No season passes, dlc, or any other cash grabby bells and whistles.

bloodysugar
11-21-2017, 02:31 PM
DLC can be good so far it brings a very rich and interesting content to a game that is great by itself. Like The Witcher 3 DLC : the game is already huge and awesome by itself, and DLC came taking their time to give new and very rich adventures. That's why CD Projekt is beloved by gamers. They gave us a pure awesome long lasting game that was amazing by itself, and then, for a very affordable price, they gave us DLC that were almost as rich as the vanilla game. If this happens with BGE2 I'll be in !!!

But if it's ****y DLC offering lazy addons like the infamous Oblivion's horse armor, or more damn lazy ones to make pay contents that should have been in the game if it had been finished in time like most Steep's DLC (there are many other examples but damn, that game been such a disappointment...), or worse like important content created for the original game and cut away to make money, like "From Ashes" Mass Effect 3 extortion... all this are not only bad deals, but also markers about how some productions are treating their players as morons, and that's as very bad for players as for the game image.

Ganet2
11-24-2017, 11:39 PM
As much as I want to see and play the game I'd rather wait till it's finished completely so I can have the full experience. I want to be able to get in and play, explore the starting location, get some currency together then buy a ship. Work my way up and explore the world they've made without limitations or pay walls. Future DLC is fine but I wanta finished game first.

g4zh
11-25-2017, 01:28 AM
Like other respond before me, I'm not pro-DLC, I always prefered to play old game because of this. But I think it's possible to merge both things. I really like your idea because it would alows the devs to make a huge universe, without spending 10 more years on the project.

Like bloodysugar said it before, what I would like to see is a game completely done when it's coming out, but with expentions to complete the experience. I mean a real EXPENTION, with new planets, new mecanics, vehicules and storyline, not just some skins or new weapons/vehicules.

EDIT: Hmm weird now I'm looking at the tread and I can't see bloodysugar's responce... anyway, that's how it should be :D

bloodysugar
11-25-2017, 11:19 AM
I don't know why but my posts are visible to me only if I am connected. Can you tell me if it's the same for you ?
I wouldn't be surprised if this is some Ubi forum's protection to prevent visitors from reading bad publicity. I have not been a buttlicker on Steep's board...
But maybe is it just a bug...