PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft Please fix your net code!

Firewall_ap
06-23-2017, 02:02 AM
The net code in For Honor is terrible and that is an understatement. For that matter the net code in almost any multiplayer Ubisoft game is terrible. I get to finish perhaps 60% of my games, and get punished for the rest. I am either dropped from the game entirely, or drop having every single player besides myself replaced by bots. Or my personal favorite, the game hangs in a constant "refreshing game state" forcing everyone in the match to leave via alt + f4 and take a penalty for abandoning a game. Half the time my group of friends and I have to deal with invite errors, juggling who forums the group, because we get failed to join errors constantly. 1 player will be able to invite the whole group, then try a dominion just to get kicked, along with dropping the entire group, forcing us to all try inviting each other to see who has the magic touch to manage this. We ran into this exact problem in rainbow six as well.

Your netcode is destroying the player base, and is the largest reason in my opinion why after 3 months your metrics have dropped to a dismal 2000 players. And lets be honest Uplay is horrible. I know many friends that refuse to even play Ubisoft games because of it. P2P was a mistake, a dev like Bungie, Treyarch, or Infinity Ward would have done a better job utilizing the extremely dated P2P system. Dedicated servers are the future. P2P hurts most games aside from some fighting and sports games.

Also, why does it take weeks and weeks to balance broken characters? Most of these balancing issues such as the centurion should have been realized while testing it internally. I started playing for honor about 3 weeks ago, and I can see why the player base is declining rapidly. Its frustrating enough getting your teeth smashed in by centurions that spam lock down combos. Adding constant netcode errors and disconnects on top of it is frustrating the life out of the game.

Mia.Nora
06-23-2017, 03:53 AM
The net code in For Honor is terrible and that is an understatement. ...Your netcode is destroying the player base, and is the largest reason in my opinion why after 3 months your metrics have dropped to a dismal 2000 players. And lets be honest Uplay is horrible. I know many friends that refuse to even play Ubisoft games because of it. P2P was a mistake, a dev like Bungie, Treyarch, or Infinity Ward would have done a better job utilizing the extremely dated P2P system. Dedicated servers are the future. P2P hurts most games aside from some fighting and sports games.

Also, why does it take weeks and weeks to balance broken characters? Most of these balancing issues such as the centurion should have been realized while testing it internally. I started playing for honor about 3 weeks ago, and I can see why the player base is declining rapidly. Its frustrating enough getting your teeth smashed in by centurions that spam lock down combos. Adding constant netcode errors and disconnects on top of it is frustrating the life out of the game.

%100 agree on everything you said. But if we are going to use numbers lets be precise about them. It is not 3 months, we are almost into month 5; and it is not 2000 anymore it is now 1200 only on steam :P

PS: I love how people come and say it is only steam :o they should teach descriptive statistics in high school I guess seeing how clueless people are about a sample size as big as steam

Firewall_ap
06-23-2017, 04:03 AM
At the 3 month mark it was at 2000 players :P

Firewall_ap
06-23-2017, 05:35 AM
Its pretty obvious ubisoft is more concerned about marketing and the initial sales of their games. Regardless of the level of quality of the actual game itself.

Firewall_ap
06-23-2017, 05:56 AM
lost connection for the 8th time tonight... Thank you Ubisoft

Firewall_ap
06-23-2017, 06:22 AM
Number 10 wow...