PDA

View Full Version : The most transparent sticky post idea this forum may ever (hopefully) see

Ngallo22
06-23-2017, 12:39 AM
I, and I'm sure the rest of the community, are aware that the team is always looking at stuff and checking data etc...

While I know Roman doesn't like to repeat himself from stream to stream, feeling as though he'd piss the community off by saying the same stuff, I feel as though the entire community would still like "updates" even if there truly isn't one.

I would like to propose an official sticky with ONLY the 'hottest' topics discussed on here for the devs/team to update us every couple days or so, so we can get at least a little comfort the issue was noticed and thought of every couple days.

EX:
"connectivity" title

6/22: still gathering data
6/23: still athering data
etc..

hell I don't care if it's the same answer for like 2 weeks, as long as I know that someone from the team has to type it into the forum.
Maybe after typing the same thing 2 weeks in a row, the team/whoever wrote it will feel more responsible and realize how long it actually is taking...

I think you get my point.

Please comment what you all think and if we think this would be a good idea for these "updates" or not.

I would like to see topics that get "addressed" every 2 days:

connectivity
faction war
GENERAL balancing: revenge, gear etc..
(hero nerfs/buffs are too specific so no)

If enough people think this is a good idea (if you understand the concept) I think we should seriously consider mentioning this to the dev's so the things that aren't covered in the Den are updated on here.

- With honor

bmason1000
06-23-2017, 01:04 AM
That's actually not a bad idea. I think they'd have to be closed threads or the community would tear them apart and it would almost immediately devolve in to a mud slinging disaster.
However, if it were closed threads that the mods would update and post entries almost like a log or journal, that might be a good idea.

Eyaside
06-23-2017, 01:18 AM
I like it. That would help with transparency.
If they want to get through this stage in the game, letting the community have your back would be valuable.

Ngallo22
06-23-2017, 01:54 AM
That's actually not a bad idea. I think they'd have to be closed threads or the community would tear them apart and it would almost immediately devolve in to a mud slinging disaster.
However, if it were closed threads that the mods would update and post entries almost like a log or journal, that might be a good idea.

Most definitely, that's what I meant when I said 'sticky' but I forgot people can still reply to those.

Ngallo22
06-23-2017, 01:55 AM
I like it. That would help with transparency.
If they want to get through this stage in the game, letting the community have your back would be valuable.

although it may seem like a hastle to the dev's, a checklist that the community sees being constantly updated is EXACTLY what we need.

That way complaint's about the topics, and them ignoring us, will both disappear

UbiNoty
06-23-2017, 02:04 AM
I like the idea as well and will certainly be more than happy to suggest it to the devs. We'll have to think about how we'd go about doing it if the devs are willing though.

We also do also have a "known issues" subforum which was originally intended to follow in a similar vein as your suggestion but unfortunately we can't update it as often as we like so it's not as effective as we wish it could be.

Ngallo22
06-23-2017, 06:16 PM
I like the idea as well and will certainly be more than happy to suggest it to the devs. We'll have to think about how we'd go about doing it if the devs are willing though.

We also do also have a "known issues" subforum which was originally intended to follow in a similar vein as your suggestion but unfortunately we can't update it as often as we like so it's not as effective as we wish it could be.

I really hope this checklist locked post will become a thing.

especially in the times we live in today, people need information all the time and get anxiety when they are not consistently updated.

just simply addressing the topics, showing the dev's at least have looked at the issue/comment/topic will satisfy many of this comm's desire for consistent updated info.

It would be great if, when they are finished with their daily tasks, they imply update this checklist to inform us they either looked at it, or have done something else with it.