PDA

View Full Version : Ranked mode

Smeson
06-22-2017, 11:36 PM
When Warlord will dominate ranked mode like cutting through butter. Will they nerf him then? :P I bet they won't touch him.

Tyrjo
06-23-2017, 07:47 AM
Don't worry, he won't. Centurion will.

Draghmar
06-23-2017, 08:42 AM
Balancing character that is dominating is very delicate matter because of the domination aspect - it means many players is playing it so nerfing would mean upsetting so many customers. ;)

Ulrichvonbek111
06-23-2017, 09:45 AM
Balancing character that is dominating is very delicate matter because of the domination aspect - it means many players is playing it so nerfing would mean upsetting so many customers. ;)

So be it,,sad hiding behind a shield then lunging slash,,back behind shield then lunge..endlessly.
A penalty needs to occur or rank mode shall be full of false stats.💮💮💮

Oupyz
06-23-2017, 11:22 AM
u have shinobi and centurion who both can compete with warlord , meta lord wont reign supreme due to how good the s2 heroes are i wish the original 12 were as godly designed as the s2 heroes

finally some heroes who can really compete with turtles

Draghmar
06-23-2017, 11:38 AM
No they can not. Especially Cent makes even more turtling because how punishing he is for the small mistakes. When I fight against those two classes I just wait for them to attack because it's the safest way.
And I really don't want other classes to be so badly designed as those two.

Oupyz
06-23-2017, 01:19 PM
No they can not. Especially Cent makes even more turtling because how punishing he is for the small mistakes. When I fight against those two classes I just wait for them to attack because it's the safest way.
And I really don't want other classes to be so badly designed as those two.

The only downside of those characters is their low health bar , they are the best designed characters and by far at least they have a moveset and some combos
Instead of feint stare light stop feint stare contest ....

Draghmar
06-23-2017, 01:33 PM
Maybe I came here from wrong foot. I play as Nobushi so I have quite a moveset and combinations from the beginning.
Those classes are badly designed because they rely too much on CC, which shouldn't be main focus in any game and on heavily punishing even single mistake. I don't mind expanding moveset for other classes.
And I don't play like you say. I'm quite aggressive - I mostly don't like to wait too long and go offensive...and I'm punished for that quite often. ;) And I don't mind that because I know it's my fault. With Cent however it's a different story. Even though I win against Cent I really don't like fighting against him. There is only one other class that I don't like so much - Conqueror.

My.Insanity
06-23-2017, 01:59 PM
The only downside of those characters is their low health bar , they are the best designed characters and by far at least they have a moveset and some combos
Instead of feint stare light stop feint stare contest ....

you call that Movesets? Let me open your eyes....

The only reason Centurio can connect so many attacks in a single "move" is because of all his stuns and his fast attacks.

each time you get hit by a fast jab you get stunned and cant see the parry indicator + his ability to charge heavys in 3 different timings (500ms attackspeed) make it nearly impossible to parry. This allows the Centurio to keep the attacks going..

Netcode_err_404
06-23-2017, 02:28 PM
Warlord surely has more advantages after a parry, but you can turtle up with all classes.

People use WL because ha can turtle up absurd good,, and has safe atacks, and the unlock running 50/50

Dude_of_Valor
06-23-2017, 02:56 PM
On PC yes I think he will be a big hitter. On console I think it will vary more due to the less defensive meta that there is.

Will be good fun I think, and look forward to a no mercy, anything goes fight (as long as I avoid Shinobi, they are just such dull fights).

Blasto95
06-23-2017, 03:25 PM
Id love to see these turtles you guys are experiencing because I bet half of you have never actually faced against a decent one. I have not.

Defensive Meta is an issue for a small minority of top tier players. Everyone else can carry on spamming fast light attacks and opening people up with feints and mix-ups.

Not everyone is a pro, not everyone can turtle, not everyone can parry a light attack. Keep asking for all these direct nerfs to heroes that you just are not good against. That's not the problem, the problem is the defensive meta as a whole. Like someone else said, anyone hero can try and turtle. Most of you cant.

Netcode_err_404
06-23-2017, 03:29 PM
Id love to see these turtles you guys are experiencing because I bet half of you have never actually faced against a decent one. I have not.

Defensive Meta is an issue for a small minority of top tier players. Everyone else can carry on spamming fast light attacks and opening people up with feints and mix-ups.

Not everyone is a pro, not everyone can turtle, not everyone can parry a light attack. Keep asking for all these direct nerfs to heroes that you just are not good against. That's not the problem, the problem is the defensive meta as a whole. Like someone else said, anyone hero can try and turtle. Most of you cant.

But if you manage to parry a light, you can take half of my hp with a single top heavy.

Do it again, and you won the game.

Blasto95
06-23-2017, 03:57 PM
But if you manage to parry a light, you can take half of my hp with a single top heavy.

Do it again, and you won the game.

So go complain about the defensive meta. Not Warlord. Warlord is just the poster boy for the defensive meta. He just fits it to well. Warlord is not OP, turtling is OP. At the same time most people cant turtle. And most people have never parried a light attack on purpose or consistently.

Ranked mode has brought out the people that think what they see in these tournaments is now going to be an every fight problem in Ranked. People cant turtle. Its a problem for top tier players, not everyone on this forum.

Go play Kensei, if a Warlord beats you, its not because Warlord is OP, its because you sucked versus the Warlord. Or you were playing vs a pro, in that case youre not on these forums or worrying about these "tournaments" and new ranked mode, youre more concentrated on a real tournament with more reward than an exclusive ornament

Netcode_err_404
06-23-2017, 04:37 PM
So go complain about the defensive meta. Not Warlord. Warlord is just the poster boy for the defensive meta. He just fits it to well. Warlord is not OP, turtling is OP. At the same time most people cant turtle. And most people have never parried a light attack on purpose or consistently.

Ranked mode has brought out the people that think what they see in these tournaments is now going to be an every fight problem in Ranked. People cant turtle. Its a problem for top tier players, not everyone on this forum.

Go play Kensei, if a Warlord beats you, its not because Warlord is OP, its because you sucked versus the Warlord. Or you were playing vs a pro, in that case youre not on these forums or worrying about these "tournaments" and new ranked mode, youre more concentrated on a real tournament with more reward than an exclusive ornament

Ranked has brought people to think devs are wasting time implementing a feature, when half of the game is broken.

Thats our major complaint.

RatedChaotic
06-23-2017, 06:23 PM
Exploiters will dominate this mode. No thank you. Too many broken mechanics in this game for a ranked mode at this time. Flicker exploit ftw. People will use it I guarantee it. Competitive not at all.

psyminion
06-23-2017, 06:42 PM
I'm looking forward to the ranked mode.

since I've not yet experienced it, in all its theoretical 'turtle' glory, I am very excited about some organized ranked mode.

I think it'll be lots of fun, and the duelist in me REALLY REALLY wants to see the 'high level' turtles in person.

like a BBC nature special.

Graci0us
06-23-2017, 07:05 PM
I think they are waiting until the antiturtle patch is out before they adjust him. They must not think he will be as good afterwards. Remember, they know what they plan to implement 7-8 months from now. We only see the present.