PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on the last Dev Stream - Xbox one

Capoupacap
06-22-2017, 10:10 PM
So Dev asked for some feedback during the livestream, here it comes with also some comments.

Emile gauthier accent while speaking french

Love it :p

Impact of quit penalty

For my part and with the group i'm playing with, there is no improvement on general stability of a 4vs4 match. Typically we see quitting at the start of a match and it seem after that the game is very unstable (the small lag that announce the well know error message).

Just as a report, I wasn't able to finish a single 4vs4 match for the last 2 weeks...I have to play it against bot. I turn to pvp duel and brawl and there isn't any issue at all.

The good point with quit penalty is that if a quit occur after the grace period, we think it's more a connection issue that a rage quitting...

Ranked Mode

Good power point and I hope to see it work on console.

Could we have more info on this router stuff. I'm not very wised about it and I didn't understand if it was done to raise game stability or just prevent IP attack (some would say it could mean the same).

Could you consider to show us the expected duration of the tournament before signing in to prevent quitting. 90min is a long time and I'm wondering about waiting during two matches ^^

Just as a comment about this ranked mode, be aware that it is may be the last really expected add on of this game. I hear lot of player say "I'm waiting to see the ranked mode but if they screw up, i'm done". Don't miss it (doesn't seem)

Roman

While his work on balancing has always been cleaver, I felt like his comment was not given the right way. Your problem is that you probably work with a reduced team (txt avatar) and under aggressive community comment. The issue here is that fixes are pretty long to come.

It's totally understandable you want to make a step by step move, but the case of the centurion is EXACTLY the same than the conqueror a few month before. It's a pretty good hero idea that bring something new to the game but it isn't even close to be balanced. And most player won't agree to say it's only a 4vs4 issue...

For the upcoming heroes, you have to figure if they fit to the actual roaster and specially if he is fun to play against/with when being exploited... not just if the heroes match a 45%-55% win ratio. It not a surprise you get so many complain when the hole roaster has to manage a slow fight to make constant and slow damage while this character can transform you into a passive punching ball. I don't even understand how you could released it like this. Anyway.

Even you will always face complain, actual Ubisoft management force the dev team to be very slow in patch/live release for balancing concern... It just raise community anger and I'm not sure your comment was really cleaver.

About actual work in progress and feedback on it, maybe you could figure a way to post on this forum a sticky with the step you follow...maybe it will make UbiNoty work a bit more easy.

How to kill a shinobi video

Well.....I'm still laughing ^^

General feedback on the stream

The idea to put entertainment into the stream is much welcome but I think you are loosing interest because it doesn't fit community issue anymore. I was surprise to see they were only 700 view after 3 hours...

We were used to see Damien speaking about connectivity issue and even address the xbox troubleshooting. You didn't even make a comment about it during the three last dev stream while it's still the major issue of this game :(

Anyway I hope this will help

UbiNoty
06-22-2017, 11:46 PM
About actual work in progress and feedback on it, maybe you could figure a way to post on this forum a sticky with the step you follow...maybe it will make UbiNoty work a bit more easy.

Thanks for the sentiment :)
I really wish we could be more transparent as well and let you all in on some of our internal processes as we work to make changes - it might be difficult currently given the state of things but I do hope to make this happen one day.

And thanks for the input on the effectiveness of the quit penalty so far as well as the overall feedback. As for the Q+A, I can understand that you may feel like the Q+A session did not live up to expectations. I'm sure there's a reason why the devs chose to forego a huge Q+A since we collected so many great questions from you all, (it may have been due to time restrictions and the fact that so much of it was taken up by the ranked/tournament PTR reveal) but keep your questions coming and I'll keep pushing them onto the team! That way we can work together to get you all some of the answers you're looking for.

Capoupacap
06-23-2017, 11:54 AM
Maybe the Q&A question could be develop with some kind of pool inside this forum and reddit one like "witch subject would you like to speak about". Roman feedback yesterday wasn't given the "right" way (he really look pissed off :p) while we know he is doing a really nice job.

As I said some month ago, I do think that some kind of transparency or explaining the steps of balancing or connectivity issues could give your stream a better interest. What you do with the video of the knight and vikings geek could also be done with your own actual job. You do the job for sure, and even it take a lot of time, you should show it.

Sometimes the patch release looks like it has been done without taking care of community feedback...what i'm sure it is not ! Because of time needed for fix release, this "lack" in communication is playing against the dev team. Even you see really hard attack on Ubisoft management, your team is rarely the target.

You transform the stream a really good way during season 1 addressing real community complain.... keep it like it. Do give the impression the work is going the right way, even is a step by step communication ;)

Keep the good job

Dude_of_Valor
06-23-2017, 01:48 PM
Communication is so important. These day's gamers are very lucky to be able to (in a limited capacity though) talk with game developers, discuss issues etc etc.

The community rep's that I see on here are much better than I have seen on other forums, and often the comments you post are pretty relevant and you answer questions (as best as it can be) in a way that is not just 'it will be ready when it is ready'.

However more can always be done. As Capoupacap suggested offer people a chance to vote on what topics people want to be discussed is a good thing.

Be more active on the forum. Share your triumphs and failures playing the game. Show some more teasers to keep people interested in the game.

Suggest ideas on new game modes, and see how the community reacts to it.

Ultimately the question is, if you want this game to be a huge success are you all doing enough to ensure this happens. Behind the scenes the answer is probably yes, but gone are the days that consumers are happy to wait in the dark until you are ready to release new info.

There are so many titles that come out each year, people have no objection to flock to another game and forget what they were playing last week. Take to long with communicating what is happening and people will just leave, never to return.

I assume this is something you do not want to happen.

Gray360UK
06-23-2017, 02:32 PM
Communication is so important. These day's gamers are very lucky to be able to (in a limited capacity though) talk with game developers, discuss issues etc etc.

The community rep's that I see on here are much better than I have seen on other forums, and often the comments you post are pretty relevant and you answer questions (as best as it can be) in a way that is not just 'it will be ready when it is ready'.

However more can always be done. As Capoupacap suggested offer people a chance to vote on what topics people want to be discussed is a good thing.

Be more active on the forum. Share your triumphs and failures playing the game. Show some more teasers to keep people interested in the game.

Suggest ideas on new game modes, and see how the community reacts to it.

Ultimately the question is, if you want this game to be a huge success are you all doing enough to ensure this happens. Behind the scenes the answer is probably yes, but gone are the days that consumers are happy to wait in the dark until you are ready to release new info.

There are so many titles that come out each year, people have no objection to flock to another game and forget what they were playing last week. Take to long with communicating what is happening and people will just leave, never to return.

I assume this is something you do not want to happen.

Ultimately the forum mods have to be careful to what degree they allow us to believe we are being listened to and things are being worked on if that is not actually the case. I have been thinking lately that the quality of service from mods like Noty and Jurassic outstrips the quality of the work being doing by the team. The result is a bizarre scenario where I have never felt so listened to and yet at the same time never so ignored.

I have been very active (I know, not like me, right) on the forums of other games, and as poor as it is for requests and complaints to go unanswered, at least you know where you stand. You never feel like you are listened to, your suggestions or complaints go unheard, there is no response from anyone official, just tumbleweed, and so you shrug, think 'nice how much they listen to their players' and then you do one of the following: either accept that and just play, and at the same time stop feeling the need to voice your opinions, stop thinking that you are being listened to, stop expecting ... or you don't accept that and you stop playing.

The 'stop expecting' part is very important here. We don't stop expecting things to change in For Honor because Noty and Jurassic do such a good job of listening and reassuring us and telling us that everything we say is being passed onto the team. But this is a double edged sword. Are they writing cheques that the team are not able to cash? Are they raising our expectations high only to have the team not deliver. That is far worse than not raising those expectations in the first place I think. Fatal even.

You can have the best salesperson in the world behind the counter of a shop, promising the most amazing product, but if the goods aren't in the warehouse (and aren't going to be any time soon / ever) then the customer is still going to leave empty handed, no doubt feeling all the worse for having been promised something they didn't receive and maybe never will.

If all our questions are being pushed to the team and then the team don't answer them, or worse, sound annoyed that we keep asking them, what does that tell us?

I dunno, I am just thinking out loud here, and maybe I just spend too much time on the forums instead of just playing and accepting and not expecting. This is absolutely not a dig at Noty and Jurassic, they are fantastic at what they do, but are they perhaps their own / the teams worst enemies because of that? I worry that their superb service here is actually detrimental because they are not being backed up by equally superb service from the people who can make the changes.

So come on 'the team' - time to step things up a gear in terms of transparency and response, you are letting your mods down.

Dude_of_Valor
06-23-2017, 02:52 PM
Exactly and hence why communication is key. Maybe things won't change if the actual developers spoke out a little more (be it a press released statement or just a few words on the forum), or maybe it might just how reduce the amount of negativity (some justified, some not in my opinion) that is on the forum, the www and people's overall thoughts.

The thing is without having like you say more transparency, then we will never know.

Capoupacap
06-23-2017, 03:07 PM
I appreciated your comment on this thread guys, like lot's of your are generally moderate and fair. While E. Gauthier has made a comment on the whiteout move saying it wasn't necessary to make them react on our issues with the actual shape of the game, he also thanks the community for the "positivity" (in these scenario it wasn't mine).

I think the dev team and specially the producer should speak about the issue about actual management with multiplayer Ubisoft games,patch timing and it's communication. Like you Gray, I invest some times in this forum to give feedback (strongly negative and positive) and there is a gap that is very problematic.

While it is totally understood that a reply from the dev cannot be expected, I really would like to see Roman inside job and decision. I'm sure this Win ratio stuff isn't the only source he use for balance but it actually sound like it. Like you made for the "past record" show inside the dev stream, you should show it. He is the dev, he make the decision for the game but explanation and inside view will always be appreciate by the community. We would certainly like to see what you are doing, why it take a long time... Every kids want to see how a McD burger is made in the kitchen ;) ;)

Same for Damien about the connectivity and inside job on stability etc.

I'm sure there is a huge gap beetween give feedback and releasing info too soon ;)

For the forum mods, Your thread like "the orochi feedback" were very appreciated and could be much more developed and using more close question (Yes/no)...them make a video about this inside work ^^

As Dude_of_valor say above, it's a new thing that gamers can communicate with their dev and it's very cool ! It can be much more than this and there is games where communication beetween the community and the dev team has always been very constructive...It's all about image and mutual feedback. I feel like in our case it's just about giving it the good shape (form?).