PDA

View Full Version : Why a good single player campaign with compelling story is important

RVSage
06-22-2017, 08:21 PM
I do get the team's idea for a seamless online world , where players can explore an entire universe. It is a great idea.

But What made BGE so great?

It was the story with all these characters inside it. People who played BGE till today who are fans of it, love the lore , the story. It is what keeps fans invested, more than the game play.

Recent cons in 'online' oriented games from Ubisoft

1. For Honor is a great example , the mechanics had a great scope to integrate to a campaign story, but the story was meh, with little to no character investment. I ended up not even completing half the campaign.
2. Ghost Recon Wildlands too had a not so memorable story line.

Story is very important in BG&E 2

As I said long time fans like me, remember the characters and the story more than anything. It gives the world it's meaning, without it it is just a showcase of the engine.

I believe in the team's passion. But I would like to remind the team, without a beautiful story and characters I feel BG&E will not feel the same to me.

Please do not loose focus on the story in creating an online world.

Heisbrot
06-22-2017, 09:50 PM
Totally agree with you.

Kidnard
06-22-2017, 10:02 PM
We all fear that i think, they must focus in the story and do what necessary in the world and game-play mechanic x)

ElPrimordial
06-23-2017, 03:40 AM
Indeed, the reason BG&E1 have a very special place in my heart was the story: Jade's personality, with Double HH shotting "Carlson and Peeters!" and also Pey'J with his expressions and the rest, all those little details. Its essential to create a deep, rich single player campaign and only after that made the multiplayer, online stuff.

PrsX-AmbitioN
06-23-2017, 08:13 AM
This is my biggest worry for BG&E2. I adore what I have seen, but I'm scared that this new game will neglect what made me LOVE the first.