PDA

View Full Version : Ranked duels

SplugeKing
06-22-2017, 07:55 PM
I'll give it a shot but I'm probably not going to play. Imo duels bring out the worst in the game- insane turtling and balance issues.

SirCorrino
06-22-2017, 07:56 PM
Yeah, not happy with the choice of initial mode. Should have been elims at least.

But in a way it makes sense, the testing is currently limited to PC only (hoping they change that and allow console to join on the PC server). And having elims might not have enough people left to test properly.

Knight_Raime
06-22-2017, 08:21 PM
I think that's debatable. IMO you either do duels which means you run the potential of fighting the super sweaty people.
Or you choose 4v4 and deal with the horribly imbalanced perks, terrible spawns, and get spammed by nothing but bashes and safe attacks.

I have been mainly dueling for several months now and despite my skill level I've only ever fought a handful of super turtles. most really only turtle up when low HP.
I'd love to get back into 4v4. But I won't until perks are changed. And if ranked 4v4 ever is a thing and has single pick i'll deff go there. and gear being turned off in either situation would be preferrable. but not needed now that gear basically means nothing.

Blasto95
06-22-2017, 08:28 PM
I would imagine Ubisoft wants us to get used to a competitive state of mind before throwing people into 2v2/4v4.

Right now, 2v2 is treated like 2 duels side by side. And Elimination is treated like 4 duels and then switches to mayhem.

Competitive mode will be entirely different outcomes.

Gray360UK
06-22-2017, 08:44 PM
They said they would start with Duels, then move onto Brawls and so on. I guess they're just starting small and seeing how it goes as they increase the team sizes.

cragar212
06-22-2017, 09:05 PM
Everyone hates 1v1 duels unless they are in a brawl or elim. Then if you don't 1v1 duel you are a jerk :rolleyes: