PDA

View Full Version : Beyond Good and Evil 2: E3 2017 First In-Engine Demo

IRISNetwork
06-22-2017, 07:38 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8IguhQqhAg

Haven't even watched it yet, that's how dedicated I am to you guys.

totok986
06-22-2017, 07:44 PM
Oh yes yes yes ! Finally we can see the prototype. Very nice thank you.:cool:

Edit : The music is very nice too. I like all the "Scale gameplay".

RVSage
06-22-2017, 07:50 PM
Brilliant demo ,

What I loved

1. Beautiful world design, the zoom from the character all the way to the universe level was fascinating to watch

2. The ship within ship , Russian doll model was cool , adds so much depth to world interaction.

3. Character customization, (Micheal said we can create our own character), ofcourse I will picl the monkey as my character base :D

4. The space ship controls are dope, and how it moves from city to planet is so cool.

5. The world model, includes many things in space including metorites

6. I have shared this before, the details indicating the mix of cultures is well done.

The Game Engine has a official name : Voyager Engine

What I would love to see next

1. Character exploring a city in the world, activities, etc.

This is getting so much better and I can't control my hype. I will PRE-ORDER if they open it :D

Wi1d.Card
06-22-2017, 08:01 PM
I love how Knox scratches his butt

NashHero
06-22-2017, 08:04 PM
Wow this is amazing! The game is beautiful wow. :o Can't wait to watch more videos like this one.

Hunsie
06-22-2017, 08:04 PM
So from what little I've seen and heard previously I figured the game would be focusing on a large multiplayer experience and the sense of scale that goes with it. So this video wasn't a total surprise. However, In games with such a large amount of scale it is very hard to actually find things to do. And you can say that there's this huge amount of space to explore but if there's barely any reason to explore besides just looking at landscapes or vistas then the game will grow boring very quickly.

I hope that the team limits themselves to one solar system instead of trying to go even farther. I'd much rather only have like 4 fully realized planets or less to explore (with them all being full of cities, npc, and players) rather than 1,000 more or less empty places besides the starting city.

I know that the focus is on having a large area for a bunch of players to run around in, and that's great, but typically the people who are going to want to buy and put money into this game (monthly sub, skins, expansions) would rather have a wealth of condensed content. Even if the same amount of content is spread out having a small lived in world with ample activities feels "bigger" gameplay-wise then moving around space looking for the next small settlements.

I know you've got your concept and you're sticking with it I just hope that you don't get too lost in the sense of scale and forget to make the little things and little areas engaging.

Also you gotta let me be a platypus.

Hunsie
06-22-2017, 08:18 PM
Also why is there such a spooky skeleton in your video! Are you trying to spook everyone!? :D:D:D

d2f2s
06-22-2017, 08:29 PM
I'm here just to say OH MY F GOD

IRISNetwork
06-22-2017, 08:33 PM
Some quick rogue notes as I'm watching this:

Space Whales? There are vehicles or creatures in the skies surrounding Ganesha, I would say they are definitely vehicles, but they all share the same shape, which is a very organic looking one. Interesting.

Also, I love the shapes of the 'factory' buildings you see dotted about in the distance, directly reminiscent of the Nutripil's factory for example. Heck, maybe they are the Nutripils company? Just yet another connection to the original that proves to me that this isn't just a new game with BGE slapped on the front cover, i'm in love with this so far. Obviously I have my concerns, who doesnt, but when Michel says that a week or so ago they hardly had graphics, I totally trust in the development of this game.

supahshadow
06-22-2017, 08:43 PM
Seems very ambitious. The idea of traveling long stretches of terrain (or space for that matter) in a very short amount of time with no loading is very interesting to me. And seeing that ringed planet interact with the terrain on another planet is another very cool idea. Like when Ancel was talking about how there were slaves risking their lives in that portion of the planet to mine minerals. I hope to see more cool ideas of this very natural set of worlds being influenced by each other be brought together.

One thing I am worried about is that with all these giant open world games a lot of them tend to neglect a lot of interactions with characters/npcs, having strong narrative, and having cities and worlds that aren't fully explored or fleshed out. So I hope that the developers don't go overboard with just trying to create an impressive sense of scale and try to find a good balance.

GurlyGamr13579
06-22-2017, 08:44 PM
I love the atmosphere, the space exploration aspect, and the sense of scale, but i;m curious if the jetpack will have a limit on how far you can go. If, for example, it runs out of jet fuel and you have to use it sparingly.

Legion-495
06-22-2017, 08:48 PM
So they called the engine Voyager.
Scale is incredible! Space ships seem to fly super cool like with drift?!
Ships in ships and insides are explorable in future versions.
Effects on global scale and very good detail at the moment.

This is what we got to keep it super basic.

I'm certain the travelingpart is smoothed out within development if not even already in this early engine build.

mortysanchez_
06-22-2017, 09:05 PM
I feel the sentiments of others regarding the planet-scale and whether or not it will feel dense enough to warrent exploration. I enjoyed elements of No Man's Sky, but there was a point at which there just wasn't enough attention given to the fine details where the environment was concerned for me to feel the need to keep exploring it. If it was between exploring this cave or one on the other side of the planet, I would explore one, and be done with it, because there wasn't anything more to be experienced by traveling to the other side. It is a big question in my mind how far they are taking the scope of the space exploration side of things.

I will say I'm very curious as to whether a larger development team with a common vision can really do justice to this type of concept, given that much more manpower can potentially go toward building assets. I also wonder what the target number of major cities would be, and what they plan to use to populate the space in between. Ruins to be explored? Temples with riches to be had? Mines with slaves to be freed? My hope is that furthering the story, and really making their universe feel lived in, is at the forefront of every new gameplay element. I'll remain optimistic that they are dedicated to making the smaller things a priority, seeing as how they said they focused on developing the larger overarching mechanics first, and are moving toward the finer details as development progresses.

That said, I'm still not sure if I can expect for this game to be more of a story driven adventure, with a traditional campaign and narrative, or if it's something else entirely.

Stewthepoo
06-22-2017, 09:06 PM
I am blown away by this! Aside from the sheer technical prowess on display there's a good amount of fidelity and polish here too. Things like the screen shake,motion blur, minimal pop (comparatively) in and character animation really leave a good impression.
Having the game look so good this early on has just raised my expectations even more. Hoping the team keeps up the good work!

Hillianii
06-22-2017, 09:07 PM
I love the first demo trailer, it directly gave me BG&E 1 feelings and especially with the spaceship abilities, exploring and new soundtrack in the background.

Please take your time and passion dev team and gift us many more of these beautiful trailers/demo's, I seriously felt in love with this game already and not only because the game looks so ambitious and good but because I have trust in Michel Ancel's skills and the rest of the nice dev team!

crazyLoudmouth
06-22-2017, 09:09 PM
Omg it's so awesome but this looks like it will need a looooot of work to finish the game. It's so ambitious, everyone would want that type of game. I really really hope for you it will work and for us players too. An advice I would give is to not dream too big because it is already enormous and I don't know how many years it would take doing all that and I don't know if Ubisoft will accept the development to be this long =/

Congrats anyway for the engine and all, everything is amazing!

wdjunkie
06-22-2017, 09:13 PM
I am very excited by what I am seeing considering it is still so early in production. At first glance I was reminded of the space travel / dog fighting portions of Haven. As things progress it would be nice to see some local weather systems on the planet(s) and various climates.

This seems like a very ambitious project, and after years of waiting I'm excited to see how things turn out!

bar7h
06-22-2017, 09:15 PM
This looks amazing. The level of detail is incredible. I'm a bit afraid that it's too ambitious and we might never see some of those ideas (just like in the first Fable).

Domootaku
06-22-2017, 09:19 PM
I loved the demo, this is actually stunning and beautiful ! Everything is full of details.
Can't wait to know more about the character creation process (Can we actually choose the type of hybrid we want to play ? etc.)
Thanks for sharing your work guys, I grew up with this amazing universe that is BGE, can't wait to get back into it again.

Udd3rs
06-22-2017, 09:21 PM
That demo looked fantastic , when I read the description in the email about it being not super polished I did not expect much ... but that was amazing to watch. Very excited to see how this game develops :) Great work

natanji
06-22-2017, 09:33 PM
Hmm, I’m not so convinced. Like, all of this looks like some fancy graphics effects, but gameplay-wise I can’t see how all of this simulations even helps the game at all. How does it impact gameplay – and not graphics – that the planets are not stationary? Why do all of that simulation? Who even cares if your ship burns in the atmosphere or not? This is all so much tech-demo territory, sure, but showing off things that are just benign and (gameplay-wise) useless does not really make me that happy.

It would be much more interesting to see some ideas that actually impact gameplay.

What made BG&E great was the hand-crafted environments where exploration was just fun. This feels like another No Man's Sky to me, or like the Tech Demos they show off about Star Citizen. If this is where the game’s at right now, I cannot imagine your vision to come to fruition in the next four years.

DrDukeNL
06-22-2017, 09:48 PM
Glad we get to see the demo that was shown behind closed doors at E3 so soon. Shows they really want to communicate about the game, let's hope this Space Monkeys program will turn out pretty cool.

I'm getting some big No Man's Sky vibes from this video, as will a lot of people. The zooming out of the planets, having the ability to explore whole planets and that stuff is very similar to No Man's Sky.

One of the problems with NMS was that there was not enough content on the planets to make them different from each other and to make it worthwhile to explore everything. Lots of copies and slight variations that made you feel like you were visiting the same place over and over with just a tiny change in style.

Ancel mentions that he wants to fill the world with lots of life and not have this empty feeling in BGE2. The good thing is that Ubi Montpellier has a lot more resources than the small indies that made NMS. More manpower means more content is possible. I also wonder if the universe of BGE2 will be infinite (or close to it). If it is more contained, then we could have more unique locations, characters, etc.

I'm pretty jazzed about Ancel showing us the demo. Of course I'd love to see more of the story and how it connects to BGE1, but I think the team making it are fully aware of this. Seems like a good foundation for a great game. Let's hope they take their time, focus on a good story and that Vivendi doesn't cancel the project if it buys Ubisoft.

Thibaut800
06-22-2017, 10:02 PM
Wow, this engine is impressive! Really! It scale ability is breathtaking. Am curious about the development time to get that. But anyway, what the point to have that amazing tool if it's not usefull for the game. Am afraid about all these possibilities. I hope you have something in mind to fill this kind of world and not just add travelling time beetween interesting areas. Am sure you are aware of that trap, and i can't wait to see your offer. It's a big challenge for a game designer, but you can do it Michel! And thank you for sharing all of that with us!

SeventhEcho
06-22-2017, 10:05 PM
The demo looks great.

Would love to see next time some actual mission to have an idea of how it's going to be gameplay-wise.
Also, curious how all this vast space will be filled with content.
Finally, it would be fantastic to see some character creation process to see the scope of it.

SzPeti42
06-22-2017, 10:12 PM
So, here we go :)

If they are meaning to be this open at communicating about the development process I’m gonna be super happy :)

I’m with those who want meaningful content, rich story and characters, coupled with rewarding exploration, even if it means lesser number of planets. From what I’ve seen and heard so far this is actually the vision of the developers, and I have no reason not to trust Michel Ancel at this point.

Now, to comment on the demonstration itself.

It is simply gorgeous, and I mean gorgeous. Technically the amount of scale it can already convey is extraordinary (Knox at the top of the statue, the different-sized spaceships, the transition to space, etc.), the whole planetary physics aspect of it reminds me of Space Engine ( http://spaceengine.org/ ), I’m really excited and enthusiastic that they are this ambitious with it, if they make it work as a gaming experience, it can truly be a masterpiece, and could set the bar pretty high for future Video Games, and I’m willing to wait for it for years if that’s necessary. Hopefully we’ll see a bit of the micro scale next time, we’ve seen that on the macro scale it’s already beautiful, and the little details on the spaceship and the statue are great indications.

The vehicle/jetpack controls look nice, hopefully they balance the speed numbers so that it feels fast and natural and it won’t become boring wishing you were going faster, and it raises the question of fast travel, will it be there, and if yes, how will it be implemented? I was the kind of player who had used fast travel scarcely in the Witcher 3, but when I needed to break the immersion and had to travel to micromanage my inventory I was a bit frustrated with their system of fixed FT posts (still one of my favourite games close behind BGaE).

I’m overjoyed with the matrjoska doll style smaller ship inside the bigger ship mechanic, emotional connection to your ship itself will be a big part of the experiment for me, and I was heavily attached to the Beluga at the end of the first game. Now it raises design questions, how will those ships relate to each other, how far can you go with a smaller ship when your bigger ship is just floating there, and as one of the previous posters has said, how far can you go with the jetpack from those?

As far as a technological demonstration goes, it was top notch, showing us a lot of details about the engine. I’m positive about the game, because even if it’s still too ambitious, I trust Michel and the team’s knowledge to make the best experience they can, even the first game was limited in the end by the technology of the time and still managed to give us one of the greatest experiences. And the failure of No Man’s Sky and ME: Andromeda don’t mean that everybody will fail with a concept like this. No Man’s Sky was an indie team with 10 people with tech but no real gameplay vision, and Andromeda was an inexperienced team trying to pull off something amidst constant changes in directors, and limited time, while also having difficulties with the Frostbyte engine as that was developed for FPS games and not exploration RPGs (they basically did the game in 18 months), so it seems like light and day compared to those projects. From what we’ve heard, they have a clear visual, gameplay, and story vision for the game even if they can only show the tech part of it at the moment.

Sorry for the length, I’m beyond passionate about this game, hopefully we get more on the lore and world building next :)

TheXordy
06-22-2017, 10:35 PM
First of all a big thank you as a fan of the original game for all the hard work and innovation being put into this second game. I truly believe there is enough ideas and passion here to create one of Ubisoft's greatest games of all time! :D

So, regarding my opinions for improvements after watching the first in-engine demo:
1.) Why not give the player's ship customisation too!? Give players the freedom to customise their ships using pre-made skins or even their own custom creations! I think this would truly enrich the multiplayer experience! If possible also give us the ability to save different templates we have created (ideally 3 upwards).
2.) You focused a lot on scalability and physics in this video. Do not forget what made the original BGAE so good. It was the story! Though a believable world is great, focus on character development, and storytelling also. Do not be afraid to take risks like in the original with so much originality to create something unique and special again!
3.) Please give us different soundtracks when flying through space! Different planets will have different environments and vibes so give us a variety in music when flying through different cities, planets and solar systems!
4.) Regarding biomes, Michel talked a little bit about this but give players multiple reasons to explore biomes, not just for materials. Give us story related missions, side-quests, secrets and whatever else you can think of to make each planet feel rich and full of things for players to discover. Do not give us empty deserted planets.
5.) I know this is still early but Trophies/Achievements are a big deal to many people. Please, for our sake do not give us any multiplayer (online) trophies/achievements which are so despised by the trophy hunting community! If you must do not give us achievements that are either obnoxiously long or difficult, luck based or especially ones that rely on other people to obtain. Give us FUN and ACHIEVABLE trophies that can be completed on our own!

Thank you Ubisoft Montreal once again. Best of luck and hope my thoughts can aid this game in some way. Appreciate all the hard work. ;)

CulturalLemur
06-22-2017, 10:55 PM
The moment I saw just how big things will be in this game... that is what I call "progress" when it comes to games.

One thing that really worries me is whether Ancel and his crew will manage to make all the enormous worlds in the game worth exploring overall rather than empty overall.

Exeloty
06-23-2017, 12:33 AM
First the game look beautiful and the scale is very impressive. I love the look of city and the different place on a same planet. I hope we see more life of the planet like eruption, tide or other thing like this on next video.

Secondly control of spaceship look very fluid and cool to use. They give us a feeling of freedom on the movement very impressive.
It's also very fabulous the way spaceship go out and go in on the planet without loading and with incredible realistic effect.

Thirdly i hope that control of jet-pack will be as cool as those of spaceship, they look a little less fluid.And i'm afraid on the interest to use gauntlet when jet-pack seem to be use without limitation...

Fourth I really love the fact that we start with nothing and develop little by little our character and our power. I'm also very interesting on the way that custom character will be add at the current character like knox.

Fifth for the futur i hope we will see some city gameplay and some activities that we can do on the city ^^

For moment i can just say WOW it's amazing and i want to see more.

denouille
06-23-2017, 12:54 AM
Bonsoir/Bonsoir à toute l'équipe de Ubisoft

Alors tout d'abord cette démo est vraiment impressionnante et témoigne une fois de plus de la Passion de Mr Ancel.

Néanmoins, il serait, je pense, préférable si besoin était de ne pas forcément proposer tout pleins de planètes mais jutes quelques une (5, 10, 15, 20 ?)
Mais vraiment travaillées sur la forme comme sur le fond !

Je sais que vous débordez d'imagination Mr Ancel, mais comme beaucoup de gens quand on voit cette vidéo on ne peut s'empêcher de penser à No Man Sky.
Après vous n'avez pas les même moyens certes .

Mais je pense sincèrement qu'il serait préférable de se concentrer vraiment sur quelques planètes vraiment abouties pleines de vie et de quêtes passionnantes et pourquoi pas quelques planètes plus hostiles, voir mortes avec quelques ingrédients procéduraux qui ne poserait pas tant de souci sur celles ci juste pour apporté un peu plus d'exploration bonus. Mais que les planètes importantes soient vraiment faites à la main (dans la limite du possible, vous n'êtes pas des robots non plus.).

Bon c'est à peut prêt tout mais franchement c'est extrêmement encourageant et on sent votre passion.

BGE 2 est à nos porteeees !!!

Bravo.

Grim_runner
06-23-2017, 01:40 AM
Very brave of you guys to show such an early state of the game, lots of cool ideas here too.

The concept of working your way up the economic chain is interesting. I really like the extremes here as well, from pizza delivery guy to star-ship commander.. Nice way to take inspiration from BG1's opener and expanding on it.

I especially like the idea of the other side of the planet being a meteor hellhole, you could make that area super dangerous to traverse through. Places like that are always thrilling to interact with in open-world games. If nothing else please take that away: Danger = Awesome. Games like Fallout 4 and Breath of the Wild have proven that players are perfectly fine with being brutally murdered when they bite off way more than they can chew.

The scale and open world you guys presented is, as everyone knows by now (since No Man's Sky), a double edged sword. It would be amazing if you can fill it with different interesting areas with unique content. It becomes dull if you start recycling side quests and/or just turn the whole game into a collect-a-ton, something that we have seen multiple time from Ubisoft already. Please break this trend.

Multiplayer is definitely a concern for me, we have heard very little of how that is going to work. Do you invite friends to your universe? Or is it an MMO? Or is multiplayer a completely separate game mode for when you finished the single player? This makes a huge difference in how players are going to experience the story, which is the main draw of many old fans I imagine.

All in all thanks for sharing this so early and I look forward for more.

Sedoy_Ural
06-23-2017, 05:58 AM
With this scale, we need 3-4 planets of this enough. And very interesting side quests that would not be boring to fly, for example, you may be attacked in the air by other pirates or "police" or something else. We need a good story and adventure. People are so alone, on such a scale many will have depression =)
On this scale, there must be a confrontation with a huge heavenly or cosmic Kraken. And, for example, a heavy moral choice to destroy an entire planet or save having her. besides this - an excellent occasion to go through the game twice.

poupidou78
06-23-2017, 06:07 AM
Omg!!!! I like it!

totok986
06-23-2017, 06:40 AM
Can "Voyager" handle the exploration of the underground ?
I mean, with fall of asteroid, Is it possible to discover some underground facility or others "mysterious" things after this type of event ?

Sre3p0
06-23-2017, 09:13 AM
Spelling mistakes with the Hindi text on the Mothership and Ganesha statue shown in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8IguhQqhAg

The mothership in that video is named 'Hanuman ke gada'.
That is grammatically incorrect.
'Hanuman ka gada' would be the correct form.

Also, the text revolving around the head of 'Ganesha statue' is incorrect.
The word 'gan' is mispelled as 'gam' in text 'Om Gam Ganapataye Namah'.
Word 'gam' in Sanskrit, means is the root word for the action 'going'. That Ganesha statue isn't going anywhere. 😀

Sawbones194
06-23-2017, 09:36 AM
Really loved the video. The freedom seems limitless and the massive Universe needs to be discovered! The groudntextures looked a bit like No Man Sky, when you leave the planet. I feed like it was much more far away than it actualy was and even the City looks a bit small from that perspective. WOuld like to see the rendering technology, when you go inside the town

Colerinho
06-23-2017, 10:23 AM
First of all the footage looks very cool, unlike anything I've seen before. This sense of scale is very nice. I'd like to point out some of my points of concern or feedback. This will probably be a lot of text but I hope it will be helpful or give another point of view on certain topics.

1. Please make sure we always have a goal to explore.
Having this enormous world is beyond cool, it's something most of us as kids dreamt about. Seeing a planet in the sky and actually going to it. I know this game will be so much more than a space-sim, but it's the only piece of content we've seen so far. I think it will be very important that there are clear goals and objectives so we have a reason to explore. This can be in the form of rewards or items but once you maxed out your gear it will just be a meaningless upgrade. Please make the story tied to the events in space. And like in other RPG's, make sure there are "random events". Take the Witcher 3 or GTA 5 for example. While exploring the world, there will be random encounters or missions that you can choose to participate in and before you know it, you're doing an actual quest/mission. This can keep the exploring fresh.

2. The small details are just as important as the scale of the world, if not more important.
We all loved the little things in BGE1. The little jokes, taking the pictures, talking to the NPC's, the small details in the world. I like to take Uncharted as an example. Most games have huge cities just for the sake of scale. It looks amazing, but once you enter a random house, it just looks generic. With re-used models and textures for the furniture and stuff like that. They have to compromise on the small stuff to make this big city even possible. And for me that's not always worth it. Look at games like Jak & Daxter, every house was unique, it contained certain artifacts or items that were related to the person living in it. These little things give a lot of atmosphere to the game. I know it's not possible to make a huge city and then make every single character and house unique, but for me that was a charm of the first game. And it would fit perfectly in the vision of the game. That one moment you are in this incredibly detailed and small scaled chinese restaurant, and moments later you are in this huge space flying to another planet.

3. Create your character sounds cool but often fails in most games
I've not seen many games where I felt really connected to the character in a game where I created my own character. I think if BGE2 wants to go for this route, they have to revolutionize the "Create a character" concept. That, or make it customize-only. So for example make 3 pre-made characters and just let us customize them and not alter their faces etc. For me the most memorable games are with unique characters with pre-rendered faces where the developed can give them their own personality and facial expressions. Customization is always good! And creating your own path and adventure is also what makes a great experience. But for me the "create a character" menus always offer limited experience, limited choices for hair, accessoires etc. And just generic faces. Even when I create my own character, I don't really feel it's actually my own creation. Either do it GOOD or don't do it at all in my opinion. But I'm also open for surprises, maybe they have something completely different in mind.

4. The unexpected "Woah" moments are extremely important
Sometimes in a game, an unexpected moment can occur. A surprise for most players. Something they did not expect from a game. "Woah, they even thought about this?". One example is the quote about the shampoo ad on your space ship Michel talked about earlier. You can use a shampoo ad on your ship so enemies don't suspect you are a pirate. That's hilarious and I would never think a game thinks about small details like this. The first game also had little stuff like that. The way certain characters react on your actions. Or NPC's having certain behavior related to your actions. That what makes a "real" moment where you can forget it's all just a game and it can get you really immersed in the story and world.

Well this is all that's on my mind right now, hopefully this can be helpful to give another point of view to the game. And please note this is just my opinion and I might be completely wrong on certain topics and I'm interested in hearing other opinions.

Veav
06-23-2017, 11:09 AM
To me, the only way something of this scale can work is if you allow player-generated content. Neverwinter is a good example of this. Players can create their own adventures with simple tools and scripting. They can place rewards but can't control the content, so there's no problems of balance. Let us create new stories for the game.

On a personal level, don't make me do PvP. I like PvE, I don't like PvP. I don't mind if PvP exists but some games gate the best content behind PvP (looking at you, Division).

Mather94
06-23-2017, 12:16 PM
I really like the capacities of the engine. But as it is said in the gameplay video, there's a lot to do. So, I bring some advice that seems important to make an open world interesting.

1. Learn About Red Dead Redemption. This world is huge but the developpers manage to make every place interesting to explore. Regulary there are point of interest in the world so that the gamer lis entertained during his journey. It can take many aspects (architecture, particular nature, people or population, animation, animals,...). So the journey is amazing. I want to fly around the planet and want to stop every km cause something attract my attention.

2. Each planet must be different. I think that the developper understood that according to the video. So is it possible to visit a gaz planet? Race in the rings of the big planet? I also really like the idea of the different biomes on each planet.

3. Don't let the space be vacuum. The gameplay should also take place inter planet with races, spacebattle, spatial stations, ...

Dear developpers, you produced the best engine / toy ever. Have fun with it! Try things and please, impress us! Thanks for reading

spydawebm
06-23-2017, 12:32 PM
Tech Demo looks beautiful, but to be honest, I still don't really know any of the core things about the way this game plays. I'd love to give feedback, but I still don't really understand exactly what this game is.

Is this going to play like the original, but on a much bigger canvas? Is there a linear main storyline with open-world elements or is this a pure open world sandbox composed of side quests that reveal more about the world and characters? Am I the main hero or are the characters from the trailer the main focus with my custom character as say a new recruit to their existing team?

How integral is the multiplayer in this game? Are we simply playing co-op occasionally or can every character on my personal ship be a real person online through the entire main storyline?

How expansive is the game world? Is it No Man's Sky big or will things be limited to a single (or a couple) solar system(s)?

I have a lot more questions, but really the bottom line is that I just sincerely hope we can start getting more specifics about what Ancel and team want us fans to contribute on (beyond moral support) so that ideally we can get the best possible game in the future.

Adar_97
06-23-2017, 01:59 PM
I'd like to see a deeper exploration of the cities, but the idea behind the open world features is outstanding. If this are the premises, the game will only go better, especially with the help of players. I'm very curious about some multiplayer features, unless they are not a core element of the final product. They only have to be an improvement to a wide explorable world, rich of customization and malleability. The world of BGE2 has to be alive, and we've already seen something about this in the gameplay

mpargaud
06-23-2017, 03:09 PM
Great job team ! Your main challenge to make this game really great : Create the feeling of travel and change of scenery. The team need to build a strong story driven universe full of small anecdotes, details that matter or not, unexpected moments, detours. Sometimes nothing is happening, and sometimes you feel like
you are in a rollercoaster of langage, colors, sensations, encounters. We must feel the breath of the planets. For example we need to see the pnjs
in their daily activities, we need to see interaction with flora and fauna, we need to discover unsuspected locations.

it's also a matter of pace.I think that a ship going super fast everywhere might be a capacity to unlock later in the game. When you travel, sometimes, you need to wait for a bus for hours and it's a part of the trip.

On this subject, Red Dead and the Witcher 3 was nearly perfect : You spend time in a region, focusing on people and places because it's dense,
fun, with attractive narrative. And finally you leave for a long trip to meet other people and situation.
Later, you come back to those places, and you have souvenirs about the people you met and what happened here. Maybe you're feeling a bit of nostalgia.

In my opinion, it's the most powerful feeling -very hard to awake- about a exploration game.

WolfMS87
06-23-2017, 03:24 PM
Hi all!, to the staff, the game looks great, awsome video. I've got a little suggestion that i think it's important, watching the monky with the jetpack flying noticed that gravity does not affect the descend, would be a great feature that gravity make it's part making the characters accelerate wild facing the ground, same with ships. Great work!!!!

eaglequeiroz
06-23-2017, 03:47 PM
Seems like that our so long wait will be paid with a unique experience. I'm so excited with this new installment of BG&E, that I can't wait to see a new tech demo or any news about it. I'm a little bit sad that nothing minimal related to Jade was show, but I think that eventually something will (I REALLY HOPE).

But graphically, this game seems impeccable. Seriously. Will it's storyline follow it's artistic value? I think it's too soon to speculate about this, but I hope too, that this is what we'll get on the final product.

Long live Michel Ancel and this so long awaited project. :D

X-Rosh_TeMaky
06-23-2017, 03:54 PM
I watched the video and in a word is quite impressive; not sure about the phisic about flying almost naked and 145 KM/hour but i guess that is easily undertable...

What actually worry me right now is the scale... not sure right now if the size of the cities, continents world, planets... or universe will be handle by al the plataforms... i fear that what you show us was only be able in a pc in the final product...

aside from that it is just amazingly how does it looks and all details... I really would like you add customizable spaceship, adding diferent forms and colors... and also character adding different species, faces and voives... but that would be even more stressfull for the sistem...

in other words... i´d love to play Beyong good and Evil 2 but now I´m not sure i could to it in my current console...

LaxativePayne
06-23-2017, 04:30 PM
Ambition is nice and all, but devs should realize that massive doesn't inherently mean fun or interesting. "Wide as an ocean, deep as a puddle" is a common saying of criticism toward recent open world games. I hope the developers do everything possible to introduce variety and new meaning to every location a player happens to discover. Otherwise, it'll be a shallow game.

gorkslasher
06-23-2017, 06:43 PM
Looks amazing. I really wonder how they are going to blend this open world engine with the kind of story-driven exploration that was central to the original. Though I can totally see taking pictures making a lot of sense given just how much there is to explore.

ExitPace
06-23-2017, 07:00 PM
The scale really impressed me! Seeing him zoom out and realizing how big the character was in relation to the statue was really cool. I hope that somehow that's worked into the actual game, you didn't get as much of a feel for that during "normal gameplay"

t0ninus
06-24-2017, 01:36 AM
This looks good, but…
I’m afraid the universe and game mechanics are more suited for a space-sim game rather than an adventure game.
– long distances travels with just some procedurally generated forests and deserts (= nothing interesting to land on the ground)
– procedurally generated cities so there won’t be any specific gameplay, will be boring after visiting 2.
– high flying speeds even with jet-pack. Jet-pack that seems to have no speed, height, or fuel limitations. I hope at least that we won’t have it at the beginning of the game.

But the technology is awesome. I hope to see detailed streets and forests soon.

richgraver
06-24-2017, 04:34 AM
Note: I'd like to make it clear that this is not to say that the game designers of this game did not think of these said issues, it's rather to point out these issues if not yet realized by said game designers. I'd like to also point out that the solutions are no more than suggestions, it is in no way trying to demean the game developers thinking process.

Game Design Issues (found in available footage)

Character Creation (Mentioned)

Character creation was mentioned within the available footage, a said character creation option can give players an out-of-body feeling (no connection to character development). That is of course if said character creation options aren't implemented well, it is important for the character creation option to not be a cosmetic option only. My suggestion would be to make sure character creation options affects gameplay beyond the normal character recognition in multiplayer sessions. In other words, it should affect in-game dialogue, gameplay progress, in-game narrative starting point, etc.

Atmosphere's Effect On Spaceships (Shown)

As seen in the given footage, it seems that the atmosphere doesn't have a gameplay effect on the player, speeding at hyper-speed should affect the "health" of said spaceship, making the player forced not to abuse the option to travel at hyper-speeds in a planet's atmosphere. That would benefit gameplay variation by making sure that if a said player is in a troubling situation, he/she wouldn't be able to easily get out of the said troubling situation by traveling at hyper-speeds. Also, this is more of a suggestion regarding atmospheres, different atmospheres (different planets) should have different gameplay effect on said user/player.

Toddnaut
06-24-2017, 04:56 AM
This footage got me so excited... I'm partially terrified just based on how let down devs have left us on hyped titles recently. This is blowing me away because up until this E3 I had decided to believe that the sequel was cancelled. Due to this my expectations were set at the bottom, and I'm only getting more and more excited. I have high hopes!

Kheops7
06-24-2017, 11:17 AM
Well here we are, first of all It's damn impressive for a early in game footage, sure some textures seems off, the clipping etc..

But god the detail looks already amazing the details on the Gana, the paint fading, the rust, the impact on some part (maybe a battle or from travelling through a asteroid belt).
I'd hope and i have faith in the team to find a good balance between the universe size and a captivating story.

When he talked about landmarks, we may have a lot to see in one planete. But with a game of this size they must have a lots and very interesting side quests to keep us in, avoiding the fedex quests we saw to much in big open world without impacting the main story.

But the thing that impress me the most it's the spaceship maneuverability; "do a barrel roll" :cool.
By the way did he really say dog fight ? Oh I'm overhyped. This could implement a lot for multiplayer between races, battles.

On the engine there a lot of possibilities about it, I'm a little concern at the moment if they will implement dynamics weathers and i'd hope we can see from space the clouds moving, even a big thunder storm (sure we need to be close enough to see that correctly).

If they can make everything they're looking for it could really be the best game ever and the other companies will get a lot of pressure to offer something at least as good.

I mean with CDProjekt everyone already expect that the next rpg games have a least the same level storywise than The Witcher but If Ancel and Ubisoft heading the same way it could be a great thing for the industry and the player.

Can wait to see more and be part of the monkey program.