PDA

View Full Version : Warriors Den June 22nd

Gray360UK
06-22-2017, 04:46 PM
Lets hope for a good one this week.

ETA 15 minutes. Video is up on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ccUlvhZQbw

Emile and Damien start the show off ...

Damien asks for more feedback on the Ragequit penalty. Has it made things better or worse?

Start flow join in progress was causing problems and removed. End flow join in progress was activated yesterday. Every time they enable them they find new bugs so it is taking longer than expected.

1.09 patch will be discussed next week. It will be on PC first then consoles later.

Compensation plan now active for all platforms, 1 crate for PC and 2 crates for XBOX and Champion status for all.

New Outfits for all characters (available now)

Geometric
Impressionist
Tansdimensional Rift

Lots of footage of Ubisofts first hero Tournament follows.

Kaermak Polewska (competitive / ranking developer) joins the chat to talk about Ranked mode

All players start fresh - Unranked
You play 20 matches then you go into one of the following tiers:
Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum or Diamond

5 tiers, 5 divisions in each tier. You can go from Gold I to Gold V, for example.

Progress is based on your position on the Scoreboard and the result of the match.

Initially Ranked mode will be a Duel only tournament taking place in a public test NEXT WEEK.

Damien streses this public test is in a beta state.

All matches played in this Ranked mode tournament will be via 'Routers' rather than direct connection to each other (sounds like dedicated servers?)

No Gear stats in Ranked mode, 30 - 90 minutes per tournament. Big penalties for rage quitting. You can rejoin the tournament if you get disconnected, although you cannot rejoin the same match. There is no quit option, no 30 second grace period, if you quit during the tournament you abandon the tournament. You get extra loot in tournament matches. Player skill will not be relaxed to All Levels, they want you to play against Your Skill. Footage showed an exclusive Ornament reward for winning a tournament. You can play as many tournaments as you want per day.

Next week the public test is PC ONLY.

It is only for test purposes, downloadable June 27th, playable June 29th. All progress will be lost after the test, it is on a seperate server with a replica of your characters, basically a CTE rather than the actual game.

Kaermak leaves, Roman is inc ...

Q and A session begins:

Centurion - is there any plan to fix him in 4 vs 4?
Patch is coming next week. They are testing trying to mitigate his CC ability when teamed with another Centurion (this is in a live patch next week, not in the 1.09 patch which is later).

Revenge in 1 vs 1 Duels - being turned down next week, turned off in Duel tournaments.

Centurion unlock tech - patch for quick throw unlock tech is coming.

Centurion heavy intended to be so fast? - yes intended.

Shinobi - should faster Shinobi be punished if they both kick at the same time? Yes.

They are investigating various things like EXP after being disconnected, Salvage changes for people with a surplus, more mundane Ornaments for the Conqueror and the use of Neutral colours in other modes.

That is it for the Q and A, no other issues addressed.

Community creation videos are shown to close out the show.

Roman makes it clear that all other issues have been addressed before, so you can go and watch previous streams if you want to know the answers, they have already said that the other issues will be dealt with soon™

thornh
06-22-2017, 04:47 PM
I wouldn't want to be any of those guys today...

JibletHunter
06-22-2017, 04:47 PM
Gray, you are the man. Always a positive member of the community.

Gray360UK
06-22-2017, 04:50 PM
I wouldn't want to be any of those guys today...

lol, me neither ;)

Kaijudub
06-22-2017, 04:50 PM
A little bit more of my love for this game dies with every warriors den :(

bmason1000
06-22-2017, 04:51 PM
Rock and roll gray, you're the man. I'm in the midst of moving so i definitely won't be able to catch this on my own today. Much appreciated!

SirCorrino
06-22-2017, 05:11 PM
They better answer some of the more critical questions and give real, solid answers.

SirCorrino
06-22-2017, 05:22 PM
I'm seriously disappointed that they choose to go with Duels first for Ranked.

Blasto95
06-22-2017, 05:30 PM

What did you expect? duels are likely the easiest to implement ranked mode for. Rather them test out Duels and take their time with the other modes.

SirCorrino
06-22-2017, 05:33 PM
What did you expect? duels are likely the easiest to implement ranked mode for. Rather them test out Duels and take their time with the other modes.

I absolutely despise duels, but I also want to test this. Then again, I think he mentioned it was PC only so I'm not allowed to test anyway.

Blasto95
06-22-2017, 05:34 PM
All matches played in this Ranked mode tournament will be via 'Routers' rather than direct connection to each other (sounds like dedicated servers?)

No Gear stats in Ranked mode, 30 - 90 minutes per tournament. Big penalties for rage quitting.

They suggested dedicated servers for Ranked mode/tournaments before season 2. Its absolutely needed. Also their invitational they had for season 2, all of those games were on a dedicated server. Those players did not have a single disconnection or even out of sync loading thing.

Dizzy4213
06-22-2017, 05:36 PM

Can't play 4v4 without disconnecting so that's why.

SirCorrino
06-22-2017, 05:49 PM
PC only is ********. Give Console players access as well, even if we have to play it on PC to participate. After all, you did say that everyone is invited.

JibletHunter
06-22-2017, 05:55 PM
"Centurion - is there any plan to fix him in 4 vs 4?
Patch is coming next week. They are testing trying to mitigate his CC ability when teamed with another Centurion."

3/4 question s on centurion. First question, "Any plans to tone down centurion in 4v4?"
Reply, "What do you mean?'

If you are that oblivious as one of the head developers, you should get canned and blacklisted from any further leadership roles. 3 patches ago it was next patch.

Death knoll Intensifies.

bmason1000
06-22-2017, 05:57 PM
PC only is ********. Give Console players access as well, even if we have to play it on PC to participate. After all, you did say that everyone is invited.

Test purposes. Running it on pc probably makes for an easier set up with the least amount of issues. Less factors involved for testing purposes. It sucks, but i get it.

SirCorrino
06-22-2017, 06:06 PM
Test purposes. Running it on pc probably makes for an easier set up with the least amount of issues. Less factors involved for testing purposes. It sucks, but i get it.

That's fine, but give us console players access to the test client on PC. It's all tied to our uPlay account so it shouldn't be much effort on their part and it massively increases their potential number of testers. PC players are by far the smallest community, so they could use all the extra testers they can get.

thornh
06-22-2017, 06:06 PM
Stream is still going on but the Q&A section was a joke. They asked us for questions and only answered a few easy ones. Totally skipped any questions about connectivity and matchmaking. Same old, very tired answers on every subject basically. "We'll talk about it next week". "Something we're looking into". "Soon." It was a joke.

Tournament looks interesting and then they go and make the public test for PC only. That's the smallest community by far. Another joke. I'm sorry Ubisoft but you won't win back any love with today's stream.

Gray360UK
06-22-2017, 06:15 PM
Stream is over, that's it for this week folks :)

FinnOfTheHorde
06-22-2017, 06:16 PM
That was a one big just dodge joke.

rossato2109
06-22-2017, 06:18 PM
hahahHAHAHAHAHAHA, ranked matches? In a separate mode!?!?! In all regions besides Europe and North America you can take over half hour to find a single match, now they want to split the playerbase in diferent modes?

Ubisoft is a joke.

Cyb3rBlad3x
06-22-2017, 06:27 PM
Why changing only new characters? i think must be change all spammer characters.etc,Valkyrie spear sweep, warloard headbutt, conq shield bash.warden shoulder bash.

The_B0G_
06-22-2017, 06:27 PM
I wonder if they will have 4v4 ranked, a small percentage of the population plays duels, I never see it above low population, usually very low.

Dizzy4213
06-22-2017, 06:30 PM
Stream is still going on but the Q&A section was a joke. They asked us for questions and only answered a few easy ones. Totally skipped any questions about connectivity and matchmaking. Same old, very tired answers on every subject basically. "We'll talk about it next week". "Something we're looking into". "Soon." It was a joke.

They're always beating around the bush, and it pisses me off to no end.

For once, I'd like to see a serious stream. Just admit you've severely ****ed up Ubi, and apologise to the community for all your BS. We know this community can be quite toxic, but that toxicity is only amplified by the lack of serious discussion from you developers. I mean Jesus ****ing Christ, how long does it take just to increase Chip Damage, and make parries less rewarding? You don't have to fix the Defensive Meta all at once, just start of small and see how that impacts the game. I simply don't have any more patience to put up with this crap any longer.

Ranked tournament is also a joke. You're just adding more fuel to the fire at the point. How about you fix the damn game first, before focusing on unnecessary things. I'm sure all the so-called 'Competitive Players' are having a massive circle jerk just thinking about it. Meanwhile, the rest of us just simply don't care. I wish I could but how can I? When it's going to be nothing but a starting contest between players, and whoever can use the most exploits wins.

Supercool5150
06-22-2017, 06:31 PM
Thanks for the update Gray. :cool:

brashtralas
06-22-2017, 06:36 PM
Centurion CC reduced only in conjunction with another centurion?

Wow. So really no change. He's imbalanced with any teammates, not just other centurions.

Pretty disappointing.

JibletHunter
06-22-2017, 06:43 PM

Wow. So really no change. He's imbalanced with any teammates, not just other centurions.

Pretty disappointing.

Roman is so detached from reality that is it legitimately shocking.

thornh
06-22-2017, 06:50 PM
I understand Ubisoft is working on this game but it seems more and more obvious that they are using the majority of their resources on new content. Normally this would be a very good thing. But when you have so many basic issues that still are not fixed maybe, just maybe you would commit more resources to those issues first. Who do they think is going to play ranked mode if no one is playing the game now? Seriously, why just test on PC??!!! PS4 has the biggest community left. Why not include consoles? Don't give the certification process bs. I understand things take longer on console but if you submit for certification three weeks before you launch something on PC you should be able to launch it at the same time on consoles. I do not understand how these guys make decisions.

Damien, salvage is one of my pet peeves. I have over 170k in salvage that I will never, ever use. How is it possible that your team has no idea what to do about salvage? It's extremely simple. Let us convert it to steel. And, no, not at some paltry 10%. Give us 25% minimum. I have played hundreds of hours to earn all of that salvage. I want to be able to use it.

Blasto95
06-22-2017, 06:50 PM

Pretty disappointing.

He's really a non-issue 1v1. So nerfing his CC outside of team fights would make him near useless in a 1v1. If you dont believe Centurion is an average 1v1 hero, then you need to practice. 4v4 hes a huge problem, and a small window of escape from 2 centurions might not be enough for most of us.

SirCorrino
06-22-2017, 06:56 PM
He's really a non-issue 1v1. So nerfing his CC outside of team fights would make him near useless in a 1v1. If you dont believe Centurion is an average 1v1 hero, then you need to practice. 4v4 hes a huge problem, and a small window of escape from 2 centurions might not be enough for most of us.

Temporarily reducing him to a below average 1v1 hero is perfectly acceptable as a side effect of making him not completely and utterly broken in 4v4 and a big reason a lot of people leave the game.

Blasto95
06-22-2017, 07:01 PM
Temporarily reducing him to a below average 1v1 hero is perfectly acceptable as a side effect of making him not completely and utterly broken in 4v4 and a big reason a lot of people leave the game.

Depending on the nerf, he could easily go from an average hero to the worst hero currently 1v1. The gap is not that big from the current worst hero (Kensei) to average heroes. Centurion could easily be nerfed below Kensei. Destroying a character in one game mode, to fix another is not how you balance the game.

Gray360UK
06-22-2017, 07:04 PM
Damien, salvage is one of my pet peeves. I have over 170k in salvage that I will never, ever use. How is it possible that your team has no idea what to do about salvage? It's extremely simple. Let us convert it to steel. And, no, not at some paltry 10%. Give us 25% minimum. I have played hundreds of hours to earn all of that salvage. I want to be able to use it.

It's odd that in nearly 5 months they haven't been able to decide what to do with Salvage. It's a quick 5 minute meeting, a simple decision between a few options. Allow players to convert it to Steel, allow increased customization with it (someone suggested using Salvage to add things to your armour, extra spikes and so on), allow us to pay for upgrades and look changes with Salvage at a far greater cost than Steel.

Just make a decision and then worry about how to implement it. At least make the decision, give an answer, show that you have a direction you want to go in mind.

But we get no answer. 5 months and a simple decision can't be made.

Really .... ?

ONYX_x5
06-22-2017, 07:07 PM
Thanks Grey. Respect.

No thanks Devs.. Another huge pile of steaming horse **** from the biggest **** show in gaming. Your concern, with all the problems, is this ranked tourney crap? Enjoy my money, cause you will get no more of it.

thornh
06-22-2017, 07:10 PM
Gray, unfortunately it just boils down to the stupid game economy. Obviously there is no touching the current steel economy in any way because they are still, somehow, making money on it. I am guilty of buying steel packs early on and I regret most of it. They will not let you do anything with salvage that will replace anything you can currently do with steel.

Thanks for posting the stream again this week. I'm happy I remembered to take my blood pressure meds this morning.

SirCorrino
06-22-2017, 07:11 PM
Depending on the nerf, he could easily go from an average hero to the worst hero currently 1v1. The gap is not that big from the current worst hero (Kensei) to average heroes. Centurion could easily be nerfed below Kensei. Destroying a character in one game mode, to fix another is not how you balance the game.

Again, that is totally acceptable if it fixes him in 4v4. They can buff him back up later with incremental patches. And yes, that's how you fix something that is completely broken and has been for over a month. They should have done this 2 weeks ago.

Blasto95
06-22-2017, 07:18 PM
Again, that is totally acceptable if it fixes him in 4v4. They can buff him back up later with incremental patches. And yes, that's how you fix something that is completely broken and has been for over a month. They should have done this 2 weeks ago.

Fixing one aspect of the game and simultaneously breaking another, is fixing nothing.....what logic are you using....

Not everyone in for Honor plays Dominon or Skirmish, the main game modes where Centurion is broken. Plenty of people would like to continue to enjoy a balanced Centurion in 1v1, 2v2, and Elimination.

JibletHunter
06-22-2017, 07:18 PM

So your answer is to ruin the balance for the most popular game mode for all characters to preserve the 1's ability of a single character. To me, THAT seems like a very poor way to balance a game. I understand you like 1's, but the bulk of the players play 4s and dominion (which is clear from the in game display no matter when you log in). Therefore it seems to make more sense to provide the greatest balance benefit to the largest community, not the other way around. You also say fixing one thing and breaking another is not balance . . . so is not changing anything that is currently broken.

Also, if you think that cent is weak in 1v1, then you must not be able to parry lights. Originally he was mediocre because his guard change speed was limiting in a turtle dominated game mode and his UB's were relatively unsafe. However, with the guard change patch, he can parry most incoming lights for the highest punish in the game. There is really no reason for a cent to do more than turtle in 1's, and most good cents will never throw their unsafe moves.

On top of that, any GB or heavy parry into GB by a wall provides this guaranteed combo (again highest wallsplat combo in the game - even without gear and feats used in the video) https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/6hupt5/max_gear_centurion_with_haymaker_can_kill_914/#bottom-comments

Knight_Raime
06-22-2017, 07:41 PM

Pretty disappointing.

Pretty much every time i've heard any legitimate complaints about centurion in 4v4 it's because people are fighting more than one of him.
What he does with other heros in a team fight is no different than any other disabler. For instance if i'm comunicating with a friend as an LB we can force someone to choose between fending off an attack or dealing with my long arm.

Centurion has access to a more aggresive way of aiding the team. but it's still the same basic concept. and if that's your problem no patch will "fix" him in 4v4 for you. and you expect too much. People complained about the spam of his moves when fighting multiple cents. now that they are seeking to address this "it's not good enough.'

OT is patch 1.09 the big defensive meta patch? It seems like it due to the way things are being talked about. Ranked will probably go to 4v4 once 4v4 itself gets a proper balance pass and spawns get fixed.

Gray360UK
06-22-2017, 08:11 PM
OT is patch 1.09 the big defensive meta patch?

They really gave no details as to what 1.09 would contain, just teased that they will be talking about it next week.

brashtralas
06-22-2017, 08:15 PM

What? I have no problem with his 1v1, aside from him not really fitting into the game. I think you misunderstood me.

It doesn't need to be 2 centurions to completely ruin a team based match. One is sufficient. One centurion with any other class of teammate whims the dynamic completely.

You can't block a centurion. Period.

This means that you have to change focus to him no matter who you're fighting or how close to death they are. You get one chance. ONE CHANCE to dodge all his attacks while fending off another opponent, and if you're caught at all, you're dead.

Pop revenge? He doesn't care. Still dead.

Knight_Raime
06-22-2017, 08:18 PM
They really gave no details as to what 1.09 would contain, just teased that they will be talking about it next week.

Ah okay. I assume it to be the defensive patch. as that was supposed to be the next "big" one we get. Honestly I just am hoping it is so we finally have a solid idea on what they are doing to fix the defensive meta. The sooner I know the sooner I can give potential feedback.

brashtralas
06-22-2017, 08:19 PM
Pretty much every time i've heard any legitimate complaints about centurion in 4v4 it's because people are fighting more than one of him.
What he does with other heros in a team fight is no different than any other disabler. For instance if i'm comunicating with a friend as an LB we can force someone to choose between fending off an attack or dealing with my long arm.

Centurion has access to a more aggresive way of aiding the team. but it's still the same basic concept. and if that's your problem no patch will "fix" him in 4v4 for you. and you expect too much. People complained about the spam of his moves when fighting multiple cents. now that they are seeking to address this "it's not good enough.'

OT is patch 1.09 the big defensive meta patch? It seems like it due to the way things are being talked about. Ranked will probably go to 4v4 once 4v4 itself gets a proper balance pass and spawns get fixed.

I agree that all CC should be counter-able or ignored while in revenge mode. The centurions has ample range, and is far longer than any other.

I can take on 4 of any other classes and have a chance, but if he shows up, I spend more time stunned, pinned, or on the ground than fighting. Then I'm dead.

But, yes, CC needs correcting. This coming from a lawbringer.

Knight_Raime
06-22-2017, 08:25 PM
I agree that all CC should be counter-able or ignored while in revenge mode. The centurions has ample range, and is far longer than any other.

I can take on 4 of any other classes and have a chance, but if he shows up, I spend more time stunned, pinned, or on the ground than fighting. Then I'm dead.

But, yes, CC needs correcting. This coming from a lawbringer.

I'd be fine with giving revenge total immunity to CC during the first half of revenge or having CC have reduced effects through the entire duration. I don't want total immunity since we have stats that currently effect revenge. If revenge lasted a standard set of time and gave a set buff total immunity would be fine.

I also want revenge changed so that you can't get any during a 1v1 situation. and the gain of revenge is the same regardless of how many people are present. I'd like the knockdown of bash attacks while in revenge removed. and i'd like a bar to show revenge filling up. that way you can actually play around the activation of it.

Blasto95
06-22-2017, 08:25 PM
What? I have no problem with his 1v1, aside from him not really fitting into the game. I think you misunderstood me.

It doesn't need to be 2 centurions to completely ruin a team based match. One is sufficient. One centurion with any other class of teammate whims the dynamic completely.

You can't block a centurion. Period.

This means that you have to change focus to him no matter who you're fighting or how close to death they are. You get one chance. ONE CHANCE to dodge all his attacks while fending off another opponent, and if you're caught at all, you're dead.

Pop revenge? He doesn't care. Still dead.

Ya I did mis read. And I agree, One Centurion with his CC ability can be a real problem when grouped with just about any hero. (I say just about because from personal experience, Conqueror did not mesh well with Centurion, at least for me. He was to slow with the heavies, or useless having to charge them).

However, Im hopeful that these Defensive meta changes will actually shake things up and hopefully balance him out more. Id much rather see them nerf the Centurion squads, than possibly directly hurting centurion in other areas. I think the community would be much better dealing with One Centurion and 3 teammates and not 3 or 4 Centurions.

Antonioj26
06-22-2017, 08:31 PM
Ah okay. I assume it to be the defensive patch. as that was supposed to be the next "big" one we get. Honestly I just am hoping it is so we finally have a solid idea on what they are doing to fix the defensive meta. The sooner I know the sooner I can give potential feedback.

I wouldn't hold my breath, I have a feeling that they want to announce it just as much as we want to hear it but they are smart enough to know they shouldn't do that until they know for sure it's ready.

Gray360UK
06-22-2017, 08:46 PM
Can a mod sticky this please? Pretty please. With sugar on top.

C00tBAjenkins
06-22-2017, 08:55 PM
Personally I thought it was a pretty decent stream. The ranked deal is interesting and the tourney looks ok (it's a test after all). Showing they are still invested in adding to the game. Roman made it pretty clear. Short Q&A because nothing to add to whats already been addressed previously or it will be addressed in the next stream. They are "testing things" So what good is it to say anything when nothing is lined out and changes constantly? When it's at the point of including it in a patch we will know. This whole "I want it now" s h i t is completely unrealistic. Like the old saying goes Rome wasn't built in a day. What do you expect? The answer to that should be nothing. Obviously a lot of you have the bar set real high here. If you haven't lowered your expectation by now then I guess we know where the problem lies.

Let's be honest. Nothing major is going to be patched quickly. If you haven't realized that by this point I'm not sure what else can be said. We do however know things are being worked out and on.

Chill out, take a break from the game, Salt some fries not the forums and be patient. It's a game.

Gray360UK
06-22-2017, 09:08 PM
Personally I thought it was a pretty decent stream. The ranked deal is interesting and the tourney looks ok (it's a test after all). Showing they are still invested in adding to the game. Roman made it pretty clear. Short Q&A because nothing to add to whats already been addressed previously or it will be addressed in the next stream. They are "testing things" So what good is it to say anything when nothing is lined out and changes constantly? When it's at the point of including it in a patch we will know. This whole "I want it now" s h i t is completely unrealistic. Like the old saying goes Rome wasn't built in a day. What do you expect? The answer to that should be nothing. Obviously a lot of you have the bar set real high here. If you haven't lowered your expectation by now then I guess we know where the problem lies.

Let's be honest. Nothing major is going to be patched quickly. If you haven't realized that by this point I'm not sure what else can be said. We do however know things are being worked out and on.

I think you're forgetting the part where it's not actually okay to have nothing outlined and nothing to say after 5 months of the same problems.

No one is asking for quickly. Quickly would have been months ago. We are well aware we aren't getting anything quickly, don't you worry about that. No one is asking for Rome to be built in a day. The game came out in February. If you think expecting some idea of what's going on / going to happen after 5 months of the same questions, issues and problems is setting the bar high then I certainly don't agree with you.

You are also missing the part where they haven't really addressed these things previously, they just said soon™ or working on it or on the table previously. Referring us back to that isn't really answering this week anymore than it was when they didn't answer it the week before or the week before that.

Nice that you're trying to be cheerful though I guess. :rolleyes:

UbiNoty
06-22-2017, 09:15 PM
Can a mod sticky this please? Pretty please. With sugar on top.

done. see you all in 2 hours! :)

Gray360UK
06-22-2017, 09:18 PM
done. see you all in 2 hours! :)

Thank you :)

C00tBAjenkins
06-22-2017, 09:42 PM
I think you're forgetting the part where it's not actually okay to have nothing outlined and nothing to say after 5 months of the same problems.

No one is asking for quickly. Quickly would have been months ago. We are well aware we aren't getting anything quickly, don't you worry about that. No one is asking for Rome to be built in a day. The game came out in February. If you think expecting some idea of what's going on / going to happen after 5 months of the same questions, issues and problems is setting the bar high then I certainly don't agree with you.

You are also missing the part where they haven't really addressed these things previously, they just said soon™ or working on it or on the table previously. Referring us back to that isn't really answering this week anymore than it was when they didn't answer it the week before or the week before that.

Nice that you're trying to be cheerful though I guess. :rolleyes:
That was my whole point. What are you expecting? It should be nothing. As far as ive seen they have addressed most major issues. It just might not be how you or others wanted. Sorry, thats just what it is. Im almost positive everytime they have added something concrete to a patch its been explained in way more detail though. Honestly they could ditch it today and leave it as is. They got paid already.

Patience my man. I understand what you're saying, i do, but again its not how they operate apparently.

Btw, nice job on the OP. Thanks for doing that every week.

Gray360UK
06-22-2017, 09:55 PM

No worries :)

The_B0G_
06-22-2017, 10:07 PM
That was my whole point. What are you expecting? It should be nothing. As far as ive seen they have addressed most major issues. It just might not be how you or others wanted. Sorry, thats just what it is. Im almost positive everytime they have added something concrete to a patch its been explained in way more detail though. Honestly they could ditch it today and leave it as is. They got paid already.

Patience my man. I understand what you're saying, i do, but again its not how they operate apparently.

Patience, I think we can all agree most people playing the game have an abundance of patience, or at least had.

As far as them having their money and stopping now, thats not how games work anymore, a good game can make release sales once or twice over again if they keep updating and fixing problems. Look at GTA V, Payday 2 is still releasing new content 4 years later.

I wouldn't say major issues have been addressed, connectivity is a major issue that has gotten a few minor improvements. If I took a car into a garage with 4 flat tires and he fixes one a week I wouldn't tell him good job at the end of each week. It needs to be fixed completely, no band aids.

PeanutBlock
06-22-2017, 10:15 PM

You can't have a PTR on consoles. Even Overwatch PTR is PC only.

SirCorrino
06-22-2017, 10:20 PM
You can't have a PTR on consoles. Even Overwatch PTR is PC only.

Like I said in the quote, I don't want a PS4 PTR, I want access to the PC PTR.

C00tBAjenkins
06-22-2017, 10:26 PM
I wouldn't say major issues have been addressed, connectivity is a major issue that has gotten a few minor improvements. If I took a car into a garage with 4 flat tires and he fixes one a week I wouldn't tell him good job at the end of each week. It needs to be fixed completely, no band aids.

Neither you nor i know what that is gonna take. They dont even really know it seems. It might not ever be fixed completely for everyone. I'm sure they are trying. Im sure they know it sucks. You're expectation is that it be fixed completely no band aides is not realistically possible.

4 tires are an easy fix in todays world. Im sure that wasn't the case early on. Multiplayer game netcode is not even the same realm.

The_B0G_
06-22-2017, 10:57 PM
Neither you nor i know what that is gonna take. They dont even really know it seems. It might not ever be fixed completely for everyone. I'm sure they are trying. Im sure they know it sucks. You're expectation is that it be fixed completely no band aides is not realistically possible.

4 tires are an easy fix in todays world. Im sure that wasn't the case early on. Multiplayer game netcode is not even the same realm.

I was only using the tire comparison as a comparison for it not being fixed, not how easy it will be, you totally missed the point. I was just stating how they didn't fix any major issues, and if they can't fix p2p completely then it never should of been used and maybe they should move on to changing it from p2p rather than waste time trying to fix it.

It being hard to fix isn't a good excuse for it not working, properly months after release, many people still get DC'd many times a night in a short period of time.

NOT_PeaceKeeper
06-22-2017, 11:07 PM
I have no hope in these dudes after that stream

psyminion
06-22-2017, 11:14 PM
thanks for the recap Gray!

and thanks to the devs for continuing to support this fun game.

C00tBAjenkins
06-22-2017, 11:19 PM
I was only using the tire comparison as a comparison for it not being fixed, not how easy it will be, you totally missed the point. I was just stating how they didn't fix any major issues, and if they can't fix p2p completely then it never should of been used and maybe they should move on to changing it from p2p rather than waste time trying to fix it.

It being hard to fix isn't a good excuse for it not working, properly months after release, many people still get DC'd many times a night in a short period of time.

I did miss your point it seems. But you also are missing mine from earlier. You have the same expectation even though time and time again it's proven that's not going to be the case where connectivity is concerned. I don't see them spending the time and money to switch to servers. That's not realistic. Recoding the whole game to fix a few dc's that might be patchable is an absurd rationality. Maybe if we all buy steel packs to fund it but dont count on that.

Did you play bf4? It took almost a year if not more to fix that games connectivity issues. That was on dedicated servers and even after that year it still wasnt perfect.

The_B0G_
06-22-2017, 11:51 PM
I did miss your point it seems. But you also are missing mine from earlier. You have the same expectation even though time and time again it's proven that's not going to be the case where connectivity is concerned. I don't see them spending the time and money to switch to servers. That's not realistic. Recoding the whole game to fix a few dc's that might be patchable is an absurd rationality. Maybe if we all buy steel packs to fund it but dont count on that.

Did you play bf4? It took almost a year if not more to fix that games connectivity issues. That was on dedicated servers and even after that year it still wasnt perfect.

They are working on a different server setup for ranked already, it's not totally out of the question but yeah, probably won't switch it over. I just still think DC's is a major issue and has a long way to go before its acceptable.

I still love the game, it can just be frustrating losing a few games in a row, then when you're about to finally win one it ends up DCing.

C00tBAjenkins
06-23-2017, 01:15 AM
They are working on a different server setup for ranked already, it's not totally out of the question but yeah, probably won't switch it over. I just still think DC's is a major issue and has a long way to go before its acceptable.

I still love the game, it can just be frustrating losing a few games in a row, then when you're about to finally win one it ends up DCing.
I can't really say much on DC's. I would say you are right though. It seems like people are having issues with it. They are rare for me so i must be lucky. i started doing orders PvAi and after all that jump into a few Pvp. So im seeing very little of it.

Hopefully this defence meta change really works well. Brings people back and maybe helps with matchmaking and DC's. They finally added the join on end. Its super annoying to reque every match. No chance to play much so not sure how its working out.

Eastw00tz.Pyro
06-23-2017, 06:15 AM
I watched the stream, very interresting and very good changes. This ranked system will be awesome I guess.
The main problem of this game is still the bad community. Complaining about everything. Even if they implement "routers", that really sound like its a kind of dedicated server.

Well anyway, looking forward to next will, guess it will be a good week :)

Thanks to the devs. Especially to adress the cent 4v4 CC Spam!

xAssassinBlastx
06-23-2017, 08:29 AM
Would it be possible to add team emote interactions with your teammates like how the target for honor does which I found extremely cool and really wished that they had just given us a closer version of that CGI video where you have to really pay attention to your opponent or you will die also from what it felt like is you had a hero you could customise how you wanted fully and pick the weapons you want for them which I found much more satisfying.

Nephertaris
06-23-2017, 08:40 AM
I'm a little bit ambivalent to the last stream. On one hand the are planning good things like the ranking and test server. But on the other side they don't really have the same opinion about centurion and not doing much to nerf him. And I had the impression that they are getting a little bit pissed off. Why? I think it is obvious: the really toxic community. Yes there are things that should have already been fixed like e.g. connection errors. And it is not logical that there are other bugs like e.g the exclamation marks are still there (and this should not be hard to fix). I think that the most likely explanation is that they haven't enough staff. It is kind of normal that after a release of a software the staff will be reduced but I think they moved to many of them to other projects. So the remaining ones have to work like hell to get these things done. This should not be an excuse for this, but in my opinion it is a really good explanation.

Back to the community: most of the community always complains about everything, even if there is progress. I am also not amused of not getting answers but I don't get insultant. Now it is everywhere, even player insults player.

For me I can say:
- I am disappointed about Ubi.
- BUT it is a good game and has potential and Ubi tries to fix it but the community is often not really helpful.
- If I will step back a while from this game it will be most likely not because of Ubi, it will be the community. I am sick of this trolling and constantly insulting each other.

Just a few thoughts from me...

Draghmar
06-23-2017, 10:34 AM
No. It only for managing network traffic. True dedicated server would be responsible for the whole match, witch all the calculations checked between players. They needed something between players in order to prevent cheating by network manipulations. I was wondering what they come up with to mitigate that.

Interesting part was suggestion that routers may find their way to the whole game, not only tournaments if they prove to be reliable enough. (and probably not introduce too much latency)

ONYX_x5
06-23-2017, 12:02 PM
Honestly..... It really is like the players don't even exist. No concern, no urgency and no attempt to address their griefs.

Vakris_One
06-23-2017, 05:59 PM
That Roman guy cracks me up. He acts like the community peed in his cornflakes and he tries so hard to be as much of a richard as is humanly possible, it's hilarious ;)

Kitsune..
06-24-2017, 11:01 AM
That Roman guy cracks me up. He acts like the community peed in his cornflakes and he tries so hard to be as much of a richard as is humanly possible, it's hilarious ;)
Maaan :D

EDG_Avocado
06-26-2017, 01:11 AM
give us dedicated servers!