PDA

View Full Version : Faction Teams !

S0Mi_xD
06-22-2017, 03:00 PM
Hey guys,

i am not sure if somebody already suggested this, but what if we would have a more faction war focused gamemode.

As an example:

Dominion normal mode:
You will gain more exp and steel, but less Faction war points/supply/assets

Dominion Faction war mode:
You will be only matched with PPL out of your own faction in your team, and will fight a full team out of another faction.
You still get exp and steel, but less than in Normal mode.
And Faction war points are much higher but hey will be Automaticly set in the area of the mode.

What do you think guys, would this be a possible way?

Or maybe a new mode only for Faction war.

What do you think?
How does this idea sounds?

Or do you think that faction war doesn't play that much of a roll or shouldn't play that much ?

My.Insanity
06-22-2017, 03:26 PM
lets be honest.. in its current state Faction War is crap. I told this in the Alpha.. and the Beta but nothing changed at all..

And yes we heard the Devs on livestream talking about they working on it... which is good because i like the idea of the faction war but i dont think we need a gamemode which is a copy of an already existing gamemode only with more assets.

In my eyes the best way is rewarding a player with more assets who is playing Heros of the Faction he is in. So if you play LB or Warden you earn more assets after each Match as long as you are on the Knight Faction. (Maybe this would also balance the Factions a little bit more but im not sure).

Gray360UK
06-22-2017, 03:34 PM
I have wanted the Faction War mode you described for a long time, and have suggested it myself in the past, so have several others. It would be an excellent way to give some meaning to the Faction War, to feel like you are fighting with your Faction against an enemy one.

I was sad to see in the recent Gameplay Target Footage that was included in last weeks Warriors Den Livestream, that the Dominion style match they showed appeared to be Knights vs Vikings. I am sure they had an entirely different vision for the game and the Faction War at one point, and for whatever reason, it never made it into final release. What we have now is close to being completely meaningless and does not inspire the player or make choice of Faction feel important, or give a sense of belonging / brotherhood.

Trbevis
06-22-2017, 04:01 PM
I love this idea, i have propoaed a aimilar idea before. I would love faction teams, make the game feel more real, as oppose to a ragtag team of 4 random people including samurais vikings and knights. I really hope they bring this in, would male you actually care more about the faction you chose ect

UbiNoty
06-23-2017, 02:55 AM
We've definitely passed along similar ideas before, but I'll bring it up again just for good measure!