PDA

View Full Version : People need to see this.

Metastopholis
06-22-2017, 11:56 AM
Hello all
for honor is currently at its lowest point, everyone is frustrated, everyone is angry about something and its all falling apart.
i saw this video which talked about the current state of for honor and it was brutally honest and every point that was hit on was right
some of it was hard to hear because i love this game so much but it was all true.

I think everyone needs to check out this video, take a step back and come back with a fresh look at for honor's future.

Link to the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_ZtyKGi4VU

Who knows if this game will last in the long run, but i hope things change soon.

guffffff
06-22-2017, 12:08 PM
P2P: I nearly always get "Your Region" games except in off peak times, which you would expect (PS4). So even with dedicates servers, in off peak times it will be populated by players from all over the world teleporting about etc. Also, I don't think the "Host" has an advantage as I see "Hosts" quitting and not doing very well

Gray360UK
06-22-2017, 12:14 PM
I like Reavyne a lot, have been following him for a while, initially because his 'Basic to Advanced' hero tutorials are the best thing ever. You can bypass days of actually learning how to play a character by just watching one of those. He tells it like it is and seems like a really genuine, decent guy. Far more of an 'average gamer' type than a lot of the other ego / revenue driven YouTubers that are out there.

Draghmar
06-22-2017, 12:37 PM
Ok you actaully encourage me Gray360UK to watch this. Normally I wouldn't bother because there to many wannabe YT stars that think they know all and others know nothing. ;)

Metastopholis
06-22-2017, 12:56 PM
I first found him through his basic to advanced guides to, i was struggling hard trying to learn the kensei and after watching his guide everything fell into place so much faster.

And you nailed it Gray, its so hard to find genuine Youtubers these days, everyone seems to have a agenda or they are just overly positive for the sake of it which just comes of really fake, was a breath of fresh air to find a Youtuber who acts like a normal everyday gamer. The guy seriously deserves far more subs then what he has especially when you take into account the fact his videos are far higher quality then most big Youtubers, you can tell he really care about his channel and the content he puts out.

And hey im always going to be behind someone who call for rational thinking XD.

Draghmar
06-22-2017, 01:38 PM
Ok, so I did watch this. Interesting things he said. Not all of them was very new. But at least he told them in a interesting way.

But I can't agree on the development on the new content part. It's not like he said that every peace of Season Pass is already made and only waits for a proper time to unlock. I mean it's probably true for Ubi that they started some of the things early on but their I'm sure their schedule includes additional time after release for the content to finish.

Gray360UK
06-22-2017, 01:45 PM
Ok, so I did watch this. Interesting things he said. Not all of them was very new. But at least he told them in a interesting way.

But I can't agree on the development on the new content part. It's not like he said that every peace of Season Pass is already made and only waits for a proper time to unlock. I mean it's probably true for Ubi that they started some of the things early on but their I'm sure their schedule includes additional time after release for the content to finish.

It's not necessarily his best video, you can see the difference in the way he talks in his latest videos compared to his earlier For Honor ones. He has clearly had enough of Ubisoft as have many, and some of the light heartedness / fun factor is understandably now absent from his videos. I don't always agree with everything he says, in a previous video he actually suggested Ubisoft had left the Warden drop-kill one shot bug in the game on purpose, which is crazy, but I guess maybe without him even realising it, he has lost his patience and isn't quite as level-headed when it comes to addressing issues in the game as he used to be.

Archeun
06-22-2017, 04:45 PM
This guy literally put everything I've thought for the last 4 months into a 30 minute video.

Capoupacap
06-22-2017, 05:14 PM
As a community we HAVE to share this to attack Ubisoft for how they manage their business regarding to their customer. It's what the community say since the beginning in a single video even some point can be really discussed.

Our dev team and forum moderator are in a sad position because basically they are all what is left to work for us but be sure Ubisoft will continue this if they are not attacked by their customer :)

RatedChaotic
06-22-2017, 05:47 PM
Same. I agree with everything he said. I love this game but it was executed poorly. So poorly that I rarely play it anymore. I installed MKX again.

MetalDevil19
06-22-2017, 07:17 PM
Damn...never heard of this guy, but this video made me subscribe, he really is down on earth with his statements about For Honor and how it stands right now. And what ubis standpoint is right now as well. A lot of this stuff I already knew, but I like this guy non-the-less. This guy says he works security, I used to work a little bit of security myself.

XxHunterHxX
06-22-2017, 08:03 PM
Im the "payed good money" side....

JibletHunter
06-22-2017, 08:28 PM
It is interesting to me the effect of the 30+ dollar season pass that gives "advanced access to 6 DLC heroes." While i would say 99% of game based false advertisement claims are fools errands, the Delaware supreme court has held that (paraphrasing) while development of video game products are always subject to change, representations made without equivocation with respect to objectively provable promises in a marketing campaign for consideration are subject to claims of false advertisement.

This is an area that has always interested me academically, as this is a commercial market that involves a product bound up with attendant goods and services. as opposed to a lamp (which is static), a video-game is constantly changing. This is why it is difficult to sue based on false advertising, because you are essentially buying a concept (see "No Man's Sky"- suit failed because statements such as "immersive experience" are not subject to objective proof).

However, this precedent (followed by most states), allows for objectively provable statements for consideration to be enforced. These statements includes things like flat out #'s ("access to 6 DLC characters). Consideration includes any purchase price (certainly a $30+ price tag). Equivocation includes language like "you MAY gain access to 6 DLC characters" or "You will gain access to UP TO 6 dlc characters." No language of equivocation was used in their season pass advertisement.

While simply buying a game and saying "this sucks, lets sue" is not the basis of a suit, false advertising in this context seems like a much stronger case. To clarify this would be a suit against UBI on behalf of season pass purchasers if they fail to release 6 DLC characters.

EDG_Avocado
06-23-2017, 12:28 AM
for honor, I've always know this game would not been a hit. The title just didn't have it. I bought this game for the gameplay anyways after 2 months of release. I played since beta and I really regret wasting 76$ for this game

RenegadeRasta
06-23-2017, 12:47 AM
Cripes. 28 minutes? Ok here goes.

RenegadeRasta
06-23-2017, 01:22 AM
Solid points. Take note, Ubi.

Vakris_One
06-23-2017, 04:53 PM
Solid points, very rational and a very pragmatic analysis of how things are and how they are likely to proceed.

@UbiNoty, please make sure the devs see this video.

UbiNoty
06-24-2017, 12:54 AM
Solid points, very rational and a very pragmatic analysis of how things are and how they are likely to proceed.

@UbiNoty, please make sure the devs see this video.

Will do.

VoIume Control
06-24-2017, 03:24 AM
they wont xD

Vakris_One
06-24-2017, 12:38 PM
Will do.
Awesome. Thank you kindly.

Teuskiz
06-24-2017, 01:41 PM
Reavyne actually had a REALLY good suggestion about BREAKING the Defensive Meta&Parries!! IF you parry, you get a damage boost and in order to get the most of it, you need to attack (or atleast try). AND it would not matter if the other guy parries you right after, as then both have damage boost only, no free damage and it would indeed force you to ATTACK and not just stand, stare& wait for a parrie&free gb+heavy or whatnot! That would really make the matches more aggressive than defensive?

Epoqx
06-24-2017, 02:45 PM
Reavyne actually had a REALLY good suggestion about BREAKING the Defensive Meta&Parries!! IF you parry, you get a damage boost and in order to get the most of it, you need to attack (or atleast try). AND it would not matter if the other guy parries you right after, as then both have damage boost only, no free damage and it would indeed force you to ATTACK and not just stand, stare& wait for a parrie&free gb+heavy or whatnot! That would really make the matches more aggressive than defensive?

Some damage boost isnt the type of things the devs dont wanna work on, this will never see the light.