PDA

View Full Version : Let's Talk About Dominion: Types of Players

KokuRou142
06-22-2017, 01:47 AM
Yep, this is gonna be a thing, honestly I can't stay away from the game because of how potentially fun it can be when you're in the game with a bunch of friends, but then again, random queues just ruin the experience entirely. There are a few types of players in each game mode that, I won't lie, make this game unable to be enjoyed 90% of the time. Forget about the fact that it's "competitive play". Let's talk about the players.

Dominion

In this mode, you have, along with three capture points, four members on each squad. And each of these four members have playstyles concerning Dominion. First and foremost, you learn to either work with them, or just keep your distance from them the entire match. First on the list is...

The Over-Achiever. This player goes out of his way to get everything even if it means him going through his own team. Literally. This type of player will in fact end up hitting you out of attacks to steal a kill that they really don't need. Dominion is but another Elimination or Skirmish to them. But they have a score to keep up. Takedowns, executions, they all belong to this player, and if you don't like it, well, too bad. He's taking you down along with his enemies. They're almost as bad as they come.

The Point-Man. This guy is usually your better teammate. Not concerned with takedowns, he's more concerned with dominating the field by doing as the game mode says. Dominion. Domination by controlling key points in the area. Now, whether you agree with it or not, this player is more comfortable with a second fighter nearby. Easy to deal with enemies and easy to quickly discourage incoming invaders. The Point-Man is the key to winning a match.

The Coordinator. This, This is the player who calls the shots. Not so much as a leader, but in coordination with the team composition. It's very important, to this player, and to the rest of the team, to check Quick Chat often. This, along with your Point-Man will pretty much win the match for you.

The Combat Support. Even if you don't need the assistance, Combat Support is always good to have. You will make mistakes, and that's where this guy comes in. Just as you make a mistake and are going to take a hit for it, this player is already in the middle of an attack that completely interrupts your enemy from behind. Guardbreaking often to give you the opening you need for the execution. At full health, this type of player will not usually steal your kill for an execution. Often times they'll be a distraction for you. Below full health, usually below 3/4, they'll swing heavies for a chance at an execution, but also dependent on their ally's health. It all comes down to "who needs this execution more".

The Combat Aide. Much like the Support, the Combat Aide has all the right feats to aide his allies in battle. Using traps, group healing, other buffs and debuffs against enemies to give his allies the edge they need to turn the tides of battle. While organizing these feats, this player observes the feats of his teammates and classes they choose, all in order to simply provide a needed advantage over the enemy.

The Fool. This is the player you should be concerned with, often times being the "odd one out" or just a flat out, dare I say it, "bad player". Not "bad" in the way that they have no idea what they're doing, but "bad" in the way of what they're doing. Let me explain this situation.

The Fool is your type of player to charge head first right into combat. The biggest problem with this type of player is them going immediately for, not any objective point, no, but for the enemy's spawn. "Stop them here, we stop their advance!" Ring any bells? From a movie, don't ask me which one, I don't remember. Anyway, this player will fight at or near the enemy's spawn and will spam the classic L1/LB command for "Help". The Fool is also known for going towards an objective point where there is more than one enemy player. Thinking "I'm (insert class here) I can take them both" and then, no less than 5 seconds later, a third enemy coming to regain some much needed health, now joins the battle. Without giving any heads-up on what they do, they're often detrimental to the team and ends up "feeding".

The Hero. This is your lifesaver in dire situations. Coming at just the right moment, the Hero swoops down, on your focused enemy or enemies, evening the match and turning the tides in your favor.

Where these are the types of players I've both, witness and been a part of, there are several others. These are just a few labels I decided to put on them.

dragon7jdc
06-22-2017, 01:58 AM
nice post man.lets keep for honor alive.

UbiNoty
06-22-2017, 02:31 AM
I like it, not everyone can always be the big carry with the highest KDA.
Dominion is about teamwork and sometimes sacrificing your KP a little for the team is what truly gets results.
Also, I think every team needs a coordinator. You can direct people to hold points, but the coordinator is the chess master moving the pieces. Get you a coordinator.

MixedRawMeat
06-22-2017, 03:52 AM
I'm definitely the Point-Man.

kweassa1
06-22-2017, 07:36 AM
I think I fall under the "The Philanthropist" category...

...everyone I meet seems to receive free kills and renown :D

ZeeStylee
06-22-2017, 08:28 AM
Most of the time i can see myself as the point-man :p
Usually the hardest choice is whether to defend one point constantly or to take action to help teammates (leaving the point you defended vulnerable).

Gray360UK
06-22-2017, 12:05 PM
I switch between the Point Man and the Combat Support as the need arises, depending on how / what the other guys are doing, which is always an important factor to consider :)

MasterChiefPON
06-22-2017, 01:56 PM
I like how sometimes at the start of a dominion match a guy in our team spams:

Group up! Group up!

I always ignore that guy...

The_B0G_
06-22-2017, 03:43 PM
What about the Martyr, this player usually hangs around the objective thats closest to the enemy spawn, controlling and definding it by himself for as long as possible, he eventually gets double or triple teamed but keeps the enemy team busy for long enough for his team to capture the other objectivesand move onto the third.

The martyr doesn't ever have a high KDA is always eventually killed and is usually crusified by Centurions... but it's for the greater good.

DEDLYG0D
06-22-2017, 04:21 PM
What about the Martyr, this player usually hangs around the objective thats closest to the enemy spawn, controlling and definding it by himself for as long as possible, he eventually gets double or triple teamed but keeps the enemy team busy for long enough for his team to capture the other objectivesand move onto the third.

The martyr doesn't ever have a high KDA is always eventually killed and is usually crusified by Centurions... but it's for the greater good.

Sometimes, this is me lol.

Capoupacap
06-22-2017, 04:50 PM
I'm a point man but I miss the real kind of the spot: our beloved conqueror :'(