PDA

View Full Version : Turtle Meta and Unlock "tech"

Kikkoman.EX
06-21-2017, 10:18 PM
Dear Ubisoft,

This is only the second time I have ever written anything negative on any forums regards to games in my whole life, and I just have to do it this time. I am beyond frustrated with the turtle meta and Unlock tech/exploits.

Every time I play this game and match up against ANYbody, EVEN PKs, are turtling. Everyone is abusing the heck out of the unlock tech/exploit which to the point nothing can be parried, I just sit there and FORCED to turtle.

Just moment ago, I ran into a berserker and all he did was spam unlock zone. I am so frustrated with this game, even though I have put in many hours into it, I truly think I am done with this game this time.

Sincerely,

Knight_Raime
06-21-2017, 10:48 PM
IMO I think unlock tech is fine so long as it doesn't make moves unparryable/unblockable.
If you are coming across stuff like that you should record a clip and send it in. Hopefully an ubi person will post a link on where you end it to as I don't recall it.

DeLatv
06-21-2017, 10:51 PM
I dont understand how can people defend "tech" at all. Its not how game devs imagined it would had been used...

When i see nobushies do the unlock zone and spinning ir circles, i just instnatly quit match, i dont care about 10 min penalty. I rather not play, than play vs people that uses every broken *** tool you can find.

It kills all the fun and immersion from the game. Leave that **** to ranked, or turneys...

Knight_Raime
06-21-2017, 11:09 PM
I dont understand how can people defend "tech" at all. Its not how game devs imagined it would had been used...

When i see nobushies do the unlock zone and spinning ir circles, i just instnatly quit match, i dont care about 10 min penalty. I rather not play, than play vs people that uses every broken *** tool you can find.

It kills all the fun and immersion from the game. Leave that **** to ranked, or turneys...

The whole debate of "Exploits vs tech" is kind of pointless. Every tech is an exploit of a glitch. the name change is usually if it stays and never gets patched or the devs openly acknowledge it and decide to keep it in.

Techs can often add depth to a game. Like wave dashing in smash for instance.

UbiNoty
06-22-2017, 12:28 AM
Sorry. I know it can be frustrating for players who want to test themselves steel against steel to try and play in a meta where turtling up and waiting for their opponent to make the first mistake happens to be more rewarding. Still no ETA yet on the def meta update just yet, but it should be coming out quite soon hopefully!