PDA

View Full Version : Remember that time you said your P2P network was state of the art?

Vrbas1
06-21-2017, 09:00 PM
Please, for the love of God fix your netcode if you plan on keeping P2P. No matter what way you slice it, P2P is still P2P. Latency can be reduced, network speed differentials can be mitigated.... but at the end of the day it's still P2P (you can polish a turd but....)

Every patch is an "improvement" to connection quality and disconnects. Now we have quitting penalties (which no one seems to care about, they quit just as much). It's like you're trying to plug a sinking battleship with band-aids: NO, YOU NEED TO REPAIR THE HULL. PERIOD. The community has waited patiently, albeit vocally, for these necessary fixes. And quite honestly, NO triple A title should be plagued with this. I might understand if it's an independent developer with limited resources and budget, but no this is Ubisoft... the company that churn out AC games like leaves change colors. We've got Battlefield, Gears, and a slew of other games whose developers give 2 smelly @$$ ****s about their community to bestow upon them not just dedicated servers, but also 60fps gameplay. Which, I would love to hear the argument consoles don't need FPS in a timing based, hack/slash, melee game whose patch notes talk about milliseconds that console players don't even get to witness.

Please, either fix your **** or give us dedicated servers.

AzureSky.
06-21-2017, 10:01 PM
4vs4 and p2p just dont exist, see what they did with rainbow six siege, it had the same problem.

BUT this is a fighting game, a lot of people bought it just for that aspect (1vs1 and 2vs2) and since it was the main focus (and they hyped it that way) they did it p2p, but in a try to get more players of another genres (cough cough.. moba....) ubisoft released dominion, that breaks all the things, the balance of fighting games AND the network.

even if they add servers for 4vs4 modes the game will still suffer from balance issues since its very hard to balance that gamemodes, they are just too different.

add to that the fact that they locked console to 30 fps in a fast reaction game (who the hell did this?) and you have a lot of problems that arent going to get away without breaking the other.

CaptainPwnet
06-22-2017, 12:27 AM
Actually no you got that backwards. This is not a fighting game and was never advertised or hyped as one by the company. It has always been shown as a 4v4 objective based game in Dominion and their P2P netcode was built from the ground up to try and support 4v4 with however many AI minions as well. This was stated a number of times when people cried out about wanting dedicated servers over P2P even before release. The other modes are just thrown in because why not.

Even the old early build videos they showed that were done with motion cap to show the concept of the game were 4v4 modes with AI minions.

Mia.Nora
06-22-2017, 02:32 AM
Completely agree. This P2P pros vs cons is just a lame excuse. If League of Legends can provide me stable 60ms latency connection that allows me to flash out of Sona ult, or riposte riven dash as fiora; than it is more than enough for For Honor as well.

And lets not forget, they claim that it is better, but just show us colored bars. Where is the actual latency numbers? In LoL I see my latency moving up and down between 60-65ms. Only time I got to know about latency in ms in For Honor was through a network analysis that resulted in over 100ms. It is apparently already inferior to dedicated servers, so what's holding them back??

Ah yes.. moneeeeyyy.

guffffff
06-22-2017, 12:19 PM
they locked console to 30 fps in a fast reaction game (who the hell did this?)

Yeah, we want his name godamit! Has anyone found out why we are stuck in 30fps?

Draghmar
06-22-2017, 12:35 PM
Yeah, we want his name godamit! Has anyone found out why we are stuck in 30fps?
That's is quite easy to answer: visual appeal. If they wanted 60fps on console they would have to lower overall graphic option and that would result in bad PR at the release when people are comparing platforms this way.

What I really don't get is why they won't introduce simple in-game option to choose better graphic or 60fps...Yeah I know it's not usual thing on consoles but still...

guffffff
06-22-2017, 12:40 PM
The gfx is way over the top anyway i think, in the maps. Really nice looking but totally useless, pointless and rarely appreciated. Reduce the view distance and get 60fps! We dont need to see buildings and scenery from 2 miles away, doesnt help the game - very nice though but would rather have 60fps, i think we all would

The_B0G_
06-22-2017, 01:35 PM
State of the fart.

Vrbas1
06-22-2017, 07:37 PM
They've known long in advance this game was tailored to 4v4, there's no logical reason to choose a P2P network for this style game.