PDA

View Full Version : Nerf the centurion already for **** sakes

XxHunterHxX
06-21-2017, 02:32 PM
How much time do you need ???? Another wave of people left the game on top of the fact that i have to strugle to win a god dam game coz of centurion ******** you doge the kick punch half a map tracking stab or jump atack at the end of the game you ghet a great crash or you ghet disconnected this game is pure **** when will you atlest nerf the ****ing centurion no one likes it except the people that play it just to troll and make other people mad ir you guys blind or just dont give a **** ???

The_B0G_
06-21-2017, 03:43 PM
CV I thought you liked the Centurion, why the sudden change of heart?

Thorsein
06-21-2017, 03:52 PM
Nerf to "spamturions"!

kbvlcvfkhgc
06-21-2017, 04:03 PM
We need more data,

SenBotsu893
06-21-2017, 04:55 PM
its funny how quick the data could be gathered on shinobi. and how soon he got hit with the nerfhammer.

yet the centurion goes on on getting 15-1 K/D every match without much effort.

I really hope the next DLC characters are not the favourites of someone on the def team or else we can expect the same situaton.

Blasto95
06-21-2017, 05:02 PM
Because Shinobi was equally unbalanced between all game modes. So it was easy for them to adjust him without hurting one version of Shinobi to much more than the other.

Centurion is as OP as it gets in 4v4. However in 1v1, hes pretty average. He can punish you really hard, but besides that he's not very powerful and is very punishable himself.
I would think that they are hoping a Defensive Meta nerf will hit centurion pretty hard. On top of that, theyve already said theyll be adding a window of escape when faced with 2+ Centurions, they said this now 3 or 4 weeks ago though.

kbvlcvfkhgc
06-21-2017, 05:15 PM
Because Shinobi was equally unbalanced between all game modes. So it was easy for them to adjust him without hurting one version of Shinobi to much more than the other.

Centurion is as OP as it gets in 4v4. However in 1v1, hes pretty average. He can punish you really hard, but besides that he's not very powerful and is very punishable himself.
I would think that they are hoping a Defensive Meta nerf will hit centurion pretty hard. On top of that, theyve already said theyll be adding a window of escape when faced with 2+ Centurions, they said this now 3 or 4 weeks ago though.

Is it worth breaking the entire game to save one characters 1v1?

i wish Ubisoft had the same concern for the rest of us that have to deal with this cancer in 4v4 as they seem to have for the Centurions 1v1

Blasto95
06-21-2017, 05:22 PM
Is it worth breaking the entire game to save one characters 1v1?

i wish Ubisoft had the same concern for the rest of us that have to deal with this cancer in 4v4 as they seem to have for the Centurions 1v1

If you mean they should just delete him, even just for a brief time? then no. Thats just not the right way to go about fixing a character. People bought season pass, and this entire game before season 2 just to use this character. Not because they knew he was overpowered, no one did until he was actually released. But maybe because they are huge Roman fanatics or just plain love the Centurion concept. Completely unfair to those customers who possibly bought the entire game and season pass just to have that once character. Just because its one character, and a small minority of players it would unfairly punish, does not mean it is less important then the rest of the heroes. It needs to be fixed properly.

If you mean they shouldve just already attempted some sort of fix for him, anything at all? Ya I completely agree. They shouldve just tried some change. Just see what happens and how people react and adjust. Leaving him completely unchanged in his current state is a mistake. Theyve had plenty of time to come up with at least one possibly solution worth trying.

The_B0G_
06-21-2017, 05:28 PM
I think what he'strying to say is they need to hurry up and nerf him even if it ends up being an over nerf, because this on hero is ruining 4v4 modes, especially dominion, and ruining it for ALL other heroes.

My friends and I were heavy into FH before cent came, now we're all playing different games until he's fixed. He needs a nerf soon before people start enjoying other games more and forget about FH, then they won't be coming back.

xRocketfishx
06-21-2017, 05:49 PM
How much time do you need ???? Another wave of people left the game on top of the fact that i have to strugle to win a god dam game coz of centurion ******** you doge the kick punch half a map tracking stab or jump atack at the end of the game you ghet a great crash or you ghet disconnected this game is pure **** when will you atlest nerf the ****ing centurion no one likes it except the people that play it just to troll and make other people mad ir you guys blind or just dont give a **** ???

God kid all you do is whine and complain. You have nothing positive to add to any conversation and are one of the problems in this community.
You whine every time you get killed. If you have that many problems with learning to counter warriors then maybe go play tekken where you can button smash.

Get good or stfu

Ngallo22
06-21-2017, 06:09 PM
Play them in duels or brawl (or get them 1v1 in elim), then you'll understand how vulnerable they really are.
Duh they got probs, but nerfing their best moves is like asking to nerf Lawb's shove or impaling charge.
Those moves are crucial to Cs success so they have to tread lightly before just nerfing the s*** out of them

The_B0G_
06-21-2017, 06:36 PM
Play them in duels or brawl (or get them 1v1 in elim), then you'll understand how vulnerable they really are.
Duh they got probs, but nerfing their best moves is like asking to nerf Lawb's shove or impaling charge.
Those moves are crucial to Cs success so they have to tread lightly before just nerfing the s*** out of them

Pretty much everyone agrees in 1v1 they don't need a nerf, except maybe the light parry punish that does 90 dmg. Everything else is pretty basic dealing with, it just needs timing and knowledge of Cents moves and mixups.

The main problem with Cent is his group play, particularly with 2 cents vs any other hero, once they get near you and hit you once you just sit back put your controller down, text a couple buddies, update your facebook status and then pick it back up and respawn. There is absolutely nothing to be done when fighting 2 Cents after they land the first hit.

CrunaCross
06-21-2017, 06:37 PM
We need more data,

hehehe yeah :D

Well this character is broken, and it was acknowledged by the better players, not these random kids who throw in excuses about him.
And yeah it will get nerfed. Actually the nerfs were supposed to come in the last patch, UBI even said that in multiple posts, but I guess they simply were a bit lazy to include it now, so they dropped the "we need more data" talk. But be sure that the nerfs are coming soon.

MetalDevil19
06-21-2017, 06:38 PM
its funny how quick the data could be gathered on shinobi. and how soon he got hit with the nerfhammer.

yet the centurion goes on on getting 15-1 K/D every match without much effort.

I really hope the next DLC characters are not the favourites of someone on the def team or else we can expect the same situaton.

I don't think its a matter of how quickly they get data anymore. one of the ubi representative forum people here already said they are trying to figure out a way to nerf him, with out making him useless.

XxHunterHxX
06-21-2017, 07:52 PM
I don't think its a matter of how quickly they get data anymore. one of the ubi representative forum people here already said they are trying to figure out a way to nerf him, with out making him useless.

at this point no one cares anymore

SirCorrino
06-21-2017, 08:16 PM

Well, if they haven't managed that by now they just need to gut him like a fish and then slowly buff him back up. His 1v1 viability is not more important than the overall health of the game.

CHawkins27
06-21-2017, 08:19 PM
Idk how people still consider the centurion OP? I literally haven't been killed by a centurion in a 1v1 since i discovered their bread and butter is a kick that you can see coming a mile away. The absolute only thing about them that I have a problem with is when you're next to a wall youre done for. As for ganking, no matter what character it is it sucks so tough it up and stop complaining

The_B0G_
06-21-2017, 08:34 PM
Idk how people still consider the centurion OP? I literally haven't been killed by a centurion in a 1v1 since i discovered their bread and butter is a kick that you can see coming a mile away. The absolute only thing about them that I have a problem with is when you're next to a wall youre done for. As for ganking, no matter what character it is it sucks so tough it up and stop complaining

In 1v1 he is mediocre, 90% of people asking for nerfs and playing the game in general, don't duel because it's boring.

As far as ganking goes you still have a chance with all other characters, with Cent it doesn't matter how many times you dodge, if you get revenge or not, they pummel you and you can't even move.

Easy mode is coming to an end soon Centurions, prepare to be on the other heroes level soon.

SirCorrino
06-21-2017, 08:44 PM

I can fight any 3 other heroes decently well in a ganking situation. I won't always win, or even a majority of the time. But I have a good chance at killing one or two of them. With a Cent in the mix I might as well just bend over and present my *** for a good bum****, because there is no way I'll get more than a single attack off before dying unless the Cent is so bad at the game that I would question his ability to breathe without assistance.

CHawkins27
06-21-2017, 08:45 PM
In 1v1 he is mediocre, 90% of people asking for nerfs and playing the game in general, don't duel because it's boring.

As far as ganking goes you still have a chance with all other characters, with Cent it doesn't matter how many times you dodge, if you get revenge or not, they pummel you and you can't even move.

Easy mode is coming to an end soon Centurions, prepare to be on the other heroes level soon.

Demons embrace with the shugoki, foot sweep from valkyrie, distance grab from shinobi, getting flipped upside down consistently by a lawbringer (forgot the name of the move), unlimited zone attack from raider.

Any one of those added to a group to gank you its all over. I'd say the centurion is at about the same level, absolute only thing is his stab that holds you in place and guarantees you going to the ground which is automatic death if getting ganked

ShadowStepped
06-21-2017, 08:48 PM
xRocketfishx, Have you ever even spent time playing Tekken? You cannot button mash and win. It is one of the most technical fighting games there is. If you are going to use a reference to get your point across at least pick something that makes sense.

Antonioj26
06-21-2017, 08:54 PM
Demons embrace with the shugoki, foot sweep from valkyrie, distance grab from shinobi, getting flipped upside down consistently by a lawbringer (forgot the name of the move), unlimited zone attack from raider.

Any one of those added to a group to gank you its all over. I'd say the centurion is at about the same level, absolute only thing is his stab that holds you in place and guarantees you going to the ground which is automatic death if getting ganked

Those moves aren't at all the same, sweep knocks over everyone including the valks teammates if they are in the way and require two attacks before that to even intiate. Shinobis won't work if you don't have LOS, it's high risk, and won't work if the target is attacking or GB someone else. Demons is slow, telegraphed, and has a health penalty when missed. lB has crap tracking, slow, and telegraphed. Raiders zone can be parried and it's also not a way to CC someone. None of these also make you lose control for as long as centurions fully charged heavy into guaranteed jab into eagles talons.

JibletHunter
06-21-2017, 08:59 PM

Not being T1 in 1s in no way means he is weak. Are many of his moves punishable- yes. However, most good cents turtle and only throw his telegraphed moves in rare occasions. All Cent needs to do is get 2 light parries and he can kill any character in the game (180 damage). This is not that hard to do. also
cent has tons of tools:
Highest light parry punish in the game
Highest wallsplat punish in game (even after nerf)
Second Highest OOS punish in the game.
Tied for the fastest heavy in the game
Fastest GB animation in the game
Lowest GB recovery time in the game
Only character that does not get charged stamina for a heavy when feinting a heavy (just is charged for feint).
Tied for highest zone damage in the game
Highest stamina pool with 175 (next highest is 130)
Some of the best feat options in the game
Most combined unblock able, stun, and stamina drain effects in the game (moves that do any one or more).

CHawkins27
06-21-2017, 09:02 PM
Those moves aren't at all the same, sweep knocks over everyone including the valks teammates if they are in the way and require two attacks before that to even intiate. Shinobis won't work if you don't have LOS, it's high risk, and won't work if the target is attacking or GB someone else. Demons is slow, telegraphed, and has a health penalty when missed. lB has crap tracking, slow, and telegraphed. Raiders zone can be parried and it's also not a way to CC someone. None of these also make you lose control for as long as centurions fully charged heavy into guaranteed jab into eagles talons.

The demons embrace is telegraphed as much as the kick from centurion. I agree the stab to guaranteed knockdown is stupid but when getting ganked I don't think it really matters

Antonioj26
06-21-2017, 09:08 PM
The demons embrace is telegraphed as much as the kick from centurion. I agree the stab to guaranteed knockdown is stupid but when getting ganked I don't think it really matters

K I disagree with you about that but if that's the only thing you can pick apart than I'll still consider that as you realizing now that those attacks are not the same. The knockdown during a gank absolutely matters, it's the difference between life and death

CHawkins27
06-21-2017, 09:17 PM
K I disagree with you about that but if that's the only thing you can pick apart than I'll still consider that as you realizing now that those attacks are not the same. The knockdown during a gank absolutely matters, it's the difference between life and death

No you just responded as if you were going to make said character your priority in a gank. The only way you're escaping a shugokis embrace while getting ganked is if you focus on him, only way you're dodging the flip from the lawbringer is if you focus on him, and the only way you're dodging the centurion kick or stab is by focusing on him. The valkyrie sweep knocks down everyone around it but I would be lying if i said I've ever seen it knock down the entire group ganking someone.

I've ganked people as a lawbringer, a shugoki, and a raider countless times and I've also been ganked by the same characters and unless you lock on to them they're no different than the cent

Antonioj26
06-21-2017, 09:20 PM
No you just responded as if you were going to make said character your priority in a gank. The only way you're escaping a shugokis embrace while getting ganked is if you focus on him, only way you're dodging the flip from the lawbringer is if you focus on him, and the only way you're dodging the centurion kick or stab is by focusing on him. The valkyrie sweep knocks down everyone around it but I would be lying if i said I've ever seen it knock down the entire group ganking someone.

Don't need to focus on lb or shugo at all, just dodge away from them. Their range and tracking isn't nearly as good as the kick, also by as fast. Doesn't need to knockdown the entire gank squad for it to be different than centurions just one teammate and it will do that enough for it be called a difference. It also doesn't leave you on the ground nearly as long as centurions.

CHawkins27
06-21-2017, 09:23 PM
Don't need to focus on lb or shugo at all, just dodge away from them. Their range and tracking isn't nearly as good as the kick, also by as fast. Doesn't need to knockdown the entire gank squad for it to be different than centurions just one teammate and it will do that enough for it be called a difference. It also doesn't leave you on the ground nearly as long as centurions.

Yea and I agree it's a stupid concept, just saying it's really not as bad as the past 90 threads have made it out to be.

Ngallo22
06-21-2017, 10:32 PM
i do agree, although I feel as though making some kind of gameplay change would be somewhat more effective than directly nerfing a cent because of what it can do when coupled with others.
seems much more of a gameplay mechanic issue imo.

interested in seeing what they do regardless.

Ngallo22
06-21-2017, 10:33 PM
Pretty much everyone agrees in 1v1 they don't need a nerf, except maybe the light parry punish that does 90 dmg. Everything else is pretty basic dealing with, it just needs timing and knowledge of Cents moves and mixups.

The main problem with Cent is his group play, particularly with 2 cents vs any other hero, once they get near you and hit you once you just sit back put your controller down, text a couple buddies, update your facebook status and then pick it back up and respawn. There is absolutely nothing to be done when fighting 2 Cents after they land the first hit.

i do agree, although I feel as though making some kind of gameplay change would be somewhat more effective than directly nerfing a cent because of what it can do when coupled with others.
seems much more of a gameplay mechanic issue imo.

interested in seeing what they do regardless.

brashtralas
06-21-2017, 10:56 PM

I've ganked people as a lawbringer, a shugoki, and a raider countless times and I've also been ganked by the same characters and unless you lock on to them they're no different than the cent

They absolutely are different. The centurion has numerous moves that expose you to attacks while rendering you defenseless. I can take on and kill 2,3, and 4 players at the same time, unless they have a centurion.

He singlehandedly removes player skill and replaces it with frustration. You can just set Dow your controller, because you'll be dead before you get up, and you'll be out of stamina if you actually do manage it.

What needs to happen is a centurion nerf of some sort, coupled with a revenge buff that makes it ignore CC and pinning moves. Why the centurion nerf if revenge is buffed? Because you'll never even get to activate revenge if a centurion gets to you first.

And yes, it absolutely is as bad as 90% have said.

Lets make believe that it's not imbalanced. Guess what? It's still not fun. Fun is the single most important aspect to a game. Demons embrace isn't fun, either, for the record.

DeLatv
06-21-2017, 11:00 PM
Demons embrace isnt fun to get hit by, but it needs multiple conditions to happen...

And Shugoki is pretty **** with out chip damage, the deamons embrace doesnt help much...

dragon7jdc
06-22-2017, 02:34 AM
When centurion first came. people voiced their concerns. and the community told them wait a bit longer until you get used to his new moves. but i can say now that the last two days. i have seen even more exploits used by cents in 1v1 wich grants him a sure win. and no you cant defend against it. i dont have footage. but am pretty sure you all will face one and witness what i mean. honeslty dont nerf cent (its not like he is going to get nerfe anyway) being one of the devs fav.and no dont buff the old heros. am sure we will find find a way to win against cents soon. wich might lead to a buff for cent lol. after all, whos who rose the ranks through skill will always win (eventually) lol. one thing you learn from losing is how to minimize it the next time. something those who prefer the easy win will never experince and learn.

(KEEP FOR HONOR ALIVE)