PDA

View Full Version : What Happen to The Forum???

nufrancis
06-21-2017, 08:20 AM
Honestly in my opinion the new design of this forum is not good. The design is fancy, but the color is too monochromic and thus its hard to spot important notice, for examp like quote, admin post, etc and also they make the frame size bigger, it make us have to scroll a lot to navigate in this forum. I think previous design is better.

I know this is OOT, but I think this is very important to be notice. As we all know that FH currently in dire state, many gaming site and forum give FH bad score and reviews. If players stop visiting this forum, it will impact badly for FH. Players stop visit = less feedback = less improvement.

Hope admin notice this.

Draghmar
06-21-2017, 10:17 AM
Yeah this design is not the best they could come up...Like who had this brilliant idea that top bar should be like 35% of the height in FHD? There is nothing in this bar that people will use on daily basis and it takes away so much space...
Posts made by Ubi are much less visible right now.
Overall readability is worse but that could be also because of time I need to adapt.
Background image is still on repeat instead of cover.
It's to grey and white. No color accents. No hover effects on many links and buttons and some of them are broken - for example perma link to the post has the same color as post's bar when hovered.

XxHunterHxX
06-21-2017, 10:38 AM
Im glad now i can stop giving a **** about the forum on top of giving a **** about the game ...its dead anyway

nufrancis
06-21-2017, 10:48 AM
Im glad now i can stop giving a **** about the forum on top of giving a **** about the game ...its dead anyway

Nah, you love this game man.

Draghmar
06-21-2017, 10:55 AM
Hm...Also I can't find indicator that showed topic that I replied too. :/

Edit: It seems that it was replaced by 'likes', thing that is so important on the forum...

Patient_Fodder
06-21-2017, 10:56 AM
I agree that the new setup stinks..

As Ubi-MoshiMoshi posted the original (barely visible sticked on top) announcement, I gave my feedback directly, and received a reply that the feedback would be forwarded to the webmaster. Not sure if they would pick up on threads.

Draghmar
06-21-2017, 11:21 AM
Maybe after some time someone should forward this thread to them.

Another thing that worked better before - go to last post in topic. Previously it was just link directly on the list. Now there is another action needed.

Edit: We've also lost ability to quick reply with quote and quick edit.

RenegadeRasta
06-21-2017, 12:10 PM
Sigh. Why are you like this, Ubi?

Gray360UK
06-21-2017, 01:01 PM
Edit: We've also lost ability to quick reply with quote and quick edit.

You can do it, but it's hidden under the large + next to the REPLY button, so there's an extra step in the process now.

Draghmar
06-21-2017, 01:11 PM
Yes, but it doesn't make quick reply with quote. 'Quick' stands here for the operation that doesn't require page refresh or change. Only full reply is available which means you will go to another page. As for the quick edit maybe it wasn't there before and I'm only confusing it with my forum...

Gray360UK
06-21-2017, 01:16 PM
Ah okay, then yeah, there are two extra steps, finding it under the + sign and then going to another page. You are right about the Quick Edit being gone, you used to able to edit quickly on the same page.

Draghmar
06-21-2017, 01:25 PM
On the front page of the forum (not the one with games) there were threads with last posts showed. This way it was easy to see if there was something new in each category.

Because so many options are hidden under hover then it would be great to make hover box larger. For example there are two icon: folder and arrow down. But only second one has hover event.

AKDagriZ
06-21-2017, 01:38 PM
lol , omg ubi change the forum , we need a refund !

SirCorrino
06-21-2017, 04:04 PM
Yeah, this new layout looks nice, but it's functionally way worse. Quick replies with quotes are gone, quick edits are gone (they were there), I can't for the life of me find 'go to last unread post', only go to last post. BIG functional downgrade. I do not approve.

The_B0G_
06-21-2017, 04:08 PM
It didn't change for mobile lol

UbiNoty
06-22-2017, 01:42 AM
It's a big change for us too! Anything you don't like about the new forums, what you want back from the old ones, or even what new things you appreciate about the new forums - leave your feedback on the left-side tab
<<<<

If you hover over it it should pop-out so you can leave your feedback on our new forum look there!

nufrancis
06-22-2017, 03:46 AM
It's a big change for us too! Anything you don't like about the new forums, what you want back from the old ones, or even what new things you appreciate about the new forums - leave your feedback on the left-side tab
<<<<

If you hover over it it should pop-out so you can leave your feedback on our new forum look there!

Manage to find the hovering tab, but could not use it for anything. It just pop out and nothing happen. I suggest you make new thread to introduce the new design plus its new added function.

UbiNoty
06-23-2017, 01:52 AM
Manage to find the hovering tab, but could not use it for anything. It just pop out and nothing happen. I suggest you make new thread to introduce the new design plus its new added function.

Hm, you should be seeing a button that says "click here". If not that's ok! You can leave your feedback with me and I'll pass it over to the right people.