PDA

View Full Version : I'm about to give up

MasterChiefPON
06-21-2017, 06:15 AM
I'm very close to giving up with the game. Earlier this morning I said I'm patient and that I was going to wait until November to decide but right now I don't feel good with it.
Since the day of the whiteout, which was to show support for the game, the connection got a lot worse and I can't even enjoy 1v1 now.

I see false indicators, there's a little bit of lag which makes a huge difference when trying to play this game, sometimes the enemy teleports, there's a lot of unbalance with some characters and something that takes my fun away is to find people who don't insult you but you feel their hostility and it doesn't feel like we are playing ****ing videogame anymore.

I sometimes ask myself why am I still here playing this game when I could be doing something more productive but I always end up trying to ignore the flaws and enjoy the game but I don't feel like it makes sense anymore :(

DrExtrem
06-21-2017, 07:36 AM
A good chunk of the problems with mp are caused by the community itself.

I call it "competitive cancer". Its a disease of modern multiplayer, where everybody wants to be the new daigo and sees the game mire and more like work and sport and less as a game. Sadly, most players are terrible sportsmen and their primary goal is to humiliate others. But people don't like to be humiliated in those situations. In addition, said bad sportsmen usually don't like being on the receiving end either.

This leads to the toxicity, we are having now in mp. (in general). A lot of those people forgot, that they are not the peles or beckenbauers of esport, who were able to dominate in their generations.

The nonexisting matchmaking, bugs, exploits and imbalances don't help either.

Tyrjo
06-21-2017, 07:56 AM
The biggest problem is the stranglehold of the bad connectivity. If it wasn't for that more people would still play the game.

I can personally deal with hero imbalance and glitches, games always have a portion that. The connectivity issues is what annoys me. No wait, it doesn't annoy me, it make me bitter, because it prevented how big this game could have been.

DrExtrem
06-21-2017, 08:09 AM
I think, that a lot of the connectivity problems are caused by players leaving matches.

Most of the players leave, because they want to have "good stats". Without "good stats", you are belittled by the community and branded as bad - this one is not different.

The anti social behavior (inmatch) adds to it as well.

Off course that would be less of a problem, if the networking would be far better.