PDA

View Full Version : Ranked Mode vs Connectivity

Mia.Nora
06-21-2017, 05:27 AM
You said for sometime that Ranked Mode / Tournament Mode is coming soon[tm].

When they finally arrive, will there still be disconnect errors happening in those ranked/tournament games?
If no, how do you guys plan to actually fix disconnection errors?

Graci0us
06-21-2017, 05:44 AM
Dont know if they can man. At least not all of them. D/c will happen at least once to everyone in a ranked match. Still happens in siege often. It's tilting lol. Especially when you derank because of that d/c. Would be awesome if it doesn't happen here, though.

Mia.Nora
06-21-2017, 06:10 AM
Dont know if they can man. At least not all of them. D/c will happen at least once to everyone in a ranked match. Still happens in siege often. It's tilting lol. Especially when you derank because of that d/c. Would be awesome if it doesn't happen here, though.

If that will be the case, then no point in waiting ranked games. They will be pointless with all the errors going on. :(

Tyrjo
06-21-2017, 07:09 AM
Ranked mode for duels will probably work well since I don't think I ever had a DC in a duel. In the 4v4 game modes it will not work at the current state of the game. At least not until the game is better at recovering game states. If they added the possibility to rejoin a match after you got disconnected it would also help.

ELDRIX_
06-21-2017, 03:19 PM
I'm more worried about all the centurions ,warlords and maybe shinobi

Vakris_One
06-21-2017, 03:34 PM
They can always take a look at Rocket League's infrastructure and try to copy that. I've never once had a disconnect in RL, it's one of the most stable online games I've ever played.

UbiNoty
06-22-2017, 01:34 AM
I believe we may be trying out something new for ranked that should help with the connection issues. No clue if it will be implemented in with the PTR coming soon, but they may talk about it on the PTR deep-dive for the livestream tomorrow!

It would also be good to bring it up with the devs for their Q+A - leave your questions about it here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1691964-Community-Questions-Post-Here) so it can get more visibility and perhaps even some answers!