PDA

View Full Version : Me vs "Higher Level" Player

That_guy44
06-21-2017, 02:55 AM
I'm here for critiques. Since I know there are a bunch of pros on here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxFrJ6-eYzI&t=25s

Mia.Nora
06-21-2017, 03:05 AM
Absolutely nothing you else you could do in terms of going on offensive. He constantly stayed at the edge of your hit range, while being still able to engage you quick.

If you wanted to win, you had to turtle up too instead of going on offense. This game seriously needs a sudden death type of % based HP drain after 2 minute into duel / brawl, but sadly this also would have been exploited by the guy who gets slightly ahead at start. All in all meta is pretty **** no matter how you look at it.

PS: On the wrong occasion my opinion is mistaken as pro comment, nope just a regular joe telling what he sees in %95 of games.

Antonioj26
06-21-2017, 03:09 AM
I'm here for critiques. Since I know there are a bunch of pros on here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxFrJ6-eYzI&t=25s

Lol thats so rough, dude. It annoys me when anyone does this even when I'm on a fast character but by god is it hell when you are shugo or LB.

AnEnticingSquid
06-21-2017, 03:36 AM
Don't use storm rush as much... It's very predictable. That shukogi noticed this and parry bated you with ease. Other than that, good play. Staying just out of shugo's attack range is smart. The last thing you want to do is run up and start trading blows. Slow and calculated... That's how you beat these tanks.

NOT_PeaceKeeper
06-21-2017, 03:37 AM
First thing is you should have threw him into the wall and got a hug off and hit him with a attack while he was down near the beginining when you threw him into nothing.

Second parry the top lights when he got close

third gb him when he dodges since he was spamming dodge

Antonioj26
06-21-2017, 03:45 AM
Don't use storm rush as much... It's very predictable. That shukogi noticed this and parry bated you with ease. Other than that, good play. Staying just out of shugo's attack range is smart. The last thing you want to do is run up and start trading blows. Slow and calculated... That's how you beat these tanks.

you know hes the shugo, right? Or is this some joke I'm not getting?

AnEnticingSquid
06-21-2017, 03:57 AM
you know hes the shugo, right? Or is this some joke I'm not getting?

Wait... He isn't the Nobushi?

Antonioj26
06-21-2017, 04:10 AM
Wait... He isn't the Nobushi?

Yeah, not getting the joke here.

dragon7jdc
06-21-2017, 05:01 AM
I think you are the level player here. you played that match very good. but maybe got greedy at the end or something. but if you use your armor more to your advantage you should win more then you lose, i cant gie you in details how to do that maybe a shugoki main can help you with that. at first the orochi missed up alot and then he got scared and just started throwing attacks and got lucky. as for the nobushi she is honorable. GG

Moondyne_MC
06-21-2017, 06:04 AM
You played well, using feints and hyper amour to your advantage where you could. Only criticism would be that you should expect the double tap top light from Orochi players, as it's the only reliable method they have to negate your hyper armour. You could have also threw a couple more GB's here and there, rather than trying to trade, as the Orochi didn't seem particularly competent at countering them.

That_guy44
06-21-2017, 06:51 AM
You played well, using feints and hyper amour to your advantage where you could. Only criticism would be that you should expect the double tap top light from Orochi players, as it's the only reliable method they have to negate your hyper armour. You could have also threw a couple more GB's here and there, rather than trying to trade, as the Orochi didn't seem particularly competent at countering them.

Yea. I was worrying about his dang zone so much. I probably should have focused more on guardbreaks.

My.Insanity
06-21-2017, 07:48 AM
nice play.. okay the first GB was a little bit useless but you did well.. in the end i would try to provoke him to attack (best way for this is turn your back on him and head to his teammate.. you dont need to attack his mate... if you play with honor.. XD)

Eyaside
06-21-2017, 09:18 AM
Shugo is a little limited when he wants to be offensive and works best when they're trying to be offensive. Really solid start when your opponent was trying to swing back but just turtled up because he couldn't do anything else. It's the best way to play against a shugo.

The way I seen it, there was a few ways in which you could've helped that end differently.
1. Just turtle back and play the frustration game, seeing who cracks first. Annoying, but effective.
2. Trying to play unlocked to catch him with a GB while he tries to punish you. Because he is orochi, if he chooses his punish to be toplights (which he did) that could maybe work but probably not.
3. When he was constantly feinting storm rushes, you could've thrown a heavy out, hoping that he'd take the bait and try to whiff punish you with the rush. At that time, you can throw a slightly delayed second heavy that chains with the first one, winning you the trade with your hyper armor.
If 2 & 3 don't work, its design and cheese and not your fault. Some players are extremely reactive and don't like to be the one to open to anything, only to punish.

Dude_of_Valor
06-21-2017, 09:54 AM
Yeah you were unlucky but at the same time your opponent reacted really well after you crushed him in the beginning. You could have thrown your opponent into the wall for unblockable damage early on or for a Demon's Embrace (though this is probably not worth it early on).

Apart from that only other things I can say is you need to think outside the box. Run around, try swinging two heavy as a chain, one misses, he comes in for a counter and you both trade.

Sometimes you just have to do something different to what is normally expected.

Epoqx
06-21-2017, 11:24 AM
In these cases, either unlock and run at him to GB/attack, or just feint the fact that you will attack his mate.

If you run at him and GB, you will close the gap, and have a chance to get free damage with your hyperarmor.

Netcode_err_404
06-21-2017, 11:29 AM
You obviously are not "Just Dodging™" enough.

PHiLLyCaPoNe
06-21-2017, 11:41 AM
I use Shug's zone attack to close gaps like that quickly, maybe even cancel halfway thru and catch him with a late guard break.

Snickers-Bar
06-21-2017, 05:36 PM
Don't know if you know about it but you could emote-feint the hug and tried to catch a possible dodge, is a little trick and sometimes can be useful.

Gray360UK
06-21-2017, 07:18 PM
Not blocking his attacks at the end cost you the win. Simple as that. You started flawlessly but then feinting and changing guard stances to out mind game him became more important than reacting to what he was actually doing. You should have won, definitely. You didn't take advantage of your uniterruptible stance to just hit him when he came in for an attack at the end, you only needed to get one decent hit on him and he was done. Easy to say as an observer I know.

Knight_Raime
06-21-2017, 07:26 PM
I could be wrong here. But I felt like you could have parried him from the top. It seemed like maybe you were trying to but your timing was off.

AzureSky.
06-21-2017, 09:44 PM
you did fine, the only thing you need to do is to play vs a orochi main and keep him spamming his light top so you can practice the parry timing, once you get that orochi becomes a really bad pick, since you can keep the guard to the right (to block zone attack) and just parry top all the time.