PDA

View Full Version : About Orochi

Snickers-Bar
06-20-2017, 11:42 PM
Why don't move hurricane blast from deflect to a another input?
For example after a combo (2 heavy or 3 lights or connected storm rush)
Is such a cool attack it feels wasted as it is now after a deflect, also this way there is no need to modify the other attacks (I'm considering the upcoming parry-reward nerf) and he get his turtle counter system evrybody is asking for.
This seems easy to implement and fits in the next update that should make combos more viable.
Maybe make it not feintable if needed but don't waste it, currently is not even used.

AnEnticingSquid
06-21-2017, 04:04 AM
Why don't move hurricane blast from deflect to a another input?
For example after a combo (2 heavy or 3 lights or connected storm rush)
Is such a cool attack it feels wasted as it is now after a deflect, also this way there is no need to modify the other attacks (I'm considering the upcoming parry-reward nerf) and he get his turtle counter system evrybody is asking for.
This seems easy to implement and fits in the next update that should make combos more viable.
Maybe make it not feintable if needed but don't waste it, currently is not even used.

Well, since the light is guaranteed, he definitely shouldn't get it at the end of a combo... Then your just turning him into centurion... And the heavy usually gets you smacked in the face a couple times while you execute it. I just don't think it is that viable of an attack in general. Mabe just make it part of an execution if your just interested in the aesthetic?

Snickers-Bar
06-21-2017, 05:19 PM
Of course not the 2 top lights combo, I meant the 3 side lights combo (if in the next update combo become viable) or well just after heavys like kensei.

Blasto95
06-21-2017, 06:57 PM
That's why Orochi has the option to Use a heavy after deflect, a light after deflect which is much quicker and safer, or can feint his heavy deflect into a light deflect OR a Guardbreak.

His deflect is pretty good considering the other deflects in the game. Really only PK has a bad Deflect.
Certainly a viable move compared to the rest of his kit...

Knight_Raime
06-21-2017, 07:02 PM
I mean if your goal is to simply add a more useful unblockable for him just make the third hit in one of his combos an unblockable.
(light light light combo I believe it was) obv the third light would be considered a heavy. and slightly slowed to compensate for it.
It would be feintable. this would give orochi a reason to attack from the side.

Temjinyuy
06-21-2017, 07:26 PM
No....... Just No.

its perfect the way it is use it all the time :)