PDA

View Full Version : Warden vs. Shinobi can't counter

SaschoS
06-20-2017, 04:30 PM
I can't counter higher geared Shinobi with Warden.

Knight_Raime
06-20-2017, 06:37 PM
Well. Gear aside the match up was always bad for the warden. The nerfs don't change that far as I know.

Kaijudub
06-20-2017, 07:08 PM
Terrible match up, especially against one that is even slightly competent..

DrExtrem
06-20-2017, 10:28 PM
Most simplistic toolkit vs. the most sophisticated one.

The shinobi also is very fast and mobile, while the warden has only two fast strikes and higher melee range. The latter is outruled by the shinobis high mobility.

But let's be honest. The shinobi is a very strong and versatile hero - if the player is competent, it can beat every hero with relative ease ... well ... maybe except centurion premades but those guys are nuclear anyway.

UbiJurassic
06-21-2017, 02:30 AM
Shinobi is a bad matchup for the Warden. As a Warden, you should be looking to use the greater range of your attacks to your advantage as they come in to strike.

Kaijudub
06-21-2017, 05:30 PM
Shinobi is a bad matchup for the Warden. As a Warden, you should be looking to use the greater range of your attacks to your advantage as they come in to strike.

Its almost impossible though, especially on PS4. I feel like a complete passenger against most shins in duels. Current methods are turtle up, hope he doesnt light spam me and pray to batman that he makes a mistake. Yes i can kill him with 3 heavies but good luck getting those heavies on him lol.

Whats up with the parry to heavy timing with regard to shinob's ranged attacks?? I'd say i have probably a 20% success rate on striking him when he's on the ground, i'm guessing something to do with the animation recovery with warden maybe?

Rep 27 Warden main if that means anything