PDA

View Full Version : Size

ArielBel59
06-20-2017, 01:39 PM
Hi !
First I must say I'm very hyped for that game. If it is as we Ancel describes it, it could be the best game ever.
But do we have information about the size of the universe ? Are we talking about a unique system, a galaxy, or even a universe as big as No Man's Sky's ?
I don't know. A unique system would be too small I think ; a galaxy could be great if there are enough star systems ; and a NMS-like universe would be awesome.
Tell me !

Kheops7
06-20-2017, 01:58 PM
We don't know anything at the moment, Ancel said that he want a consistent "universe" where each planet, satellite have they own specificity. For example in a french interview he take the example of a planet revolving around another which one face constantly undergo meteorites assault and player could see the landscape changing in real time.

The game it's still at the beginning aven if they could use a procedural system like in NMS, Ancel really want that each planet feels unique and alive. In the same interview he said that he can't talk about how many planet at the moment because of that. It's safe to say that a unique system (at the moment) is mostly feasible if we take in account what the dev want to implement like no loading when takeoff/landing somewhere but it's clearly too early to assess how big the game will be..

tharos47
06-20-2017, 02:34 PM
I think they want the planet to be really unique with Temples and big cities build by humans.
They said the size of the game will be 2 solar systems. IMO it's big enough so that we can feel the immensity of the world and "small" enough so that we are not lost of randomly generate generic landscapes.

chadl123
06-20-2017, 02:40 PM
From what I know, the game is going to take place in System 4 and if we're lucky we might be able to visit System 3 (from BGE1). But it will be nowhere near the same size as what NMS is as they definitely want to focus on adding as much detail to each planet as possible.

totok986
06-20-2017, 06:27 PM
Size of the worlds doesn't matter if It'll be consistent. But how they see the thing about a whole planet ? Same problem than Star Citizen or No Man Sky. Will be only a specified area available ?

WiwarK9
06-20-2017, 08:25 PM
If we follow the lore hybrid races are created to colonise and mine planets so the planets will be empty with just 1 or 2 spot with civilzation.

again if you see a planet like a city,
and a city as a village,
They could manage to make every planets interesting to discover.

Telemanus
06-20-2017, 11:24 PM
I'd prefer if they kept it focused. Two solar systems and some unexplored territories would be amazing

Sedoy_Ural
06-21-2017, 09:13 AM
Nobody needs an empty open world, I hope there will be no such mistake. The most acceptable option is one big planet - one city, a small planet - a village or a mine.

Kheops7
06-21-2017, 02:25 PM
One of the "restriction" will be the level of the vehicle which will be the same for every type, for example a level one jet-pack will be limited to 6mph (about 10kmh) same thing for a tuk-tuk level one or a spaceship with the same level. But these restrictions will be limited to a planet, as in space the friction is almost null we may travel at lightspeed certainly not from the beginning.

Another thing which may be problematic for the dev is that it's in real time( well not our time but the game speed they will choose). I mean when we're on a planet and the night is coming, it's not some light effects, it's really the planet rotation.
Just that by himself It's amazing especially if there numerous revolving around the star system, area accessible only at night, little thing like more cops in daytime. This could imply so much even if there something like 5 big planets, around twenty more little like moon, huge asteroid.

If they can make just that credible, with life that we don't have to travel 10 parsec to meet another ship.

I'm in, I'd faith in Ancel and his team to make a great story so if the "universe"/system is consistent enough to keep me in to do side quest or any side content.