PDA

View Full Version : ubisoft for god sake , add chip damage already

Oupyz
06-20-2017, 01:18 PM
i'am disliking the game more and more by each day , just add the chip damage we all been asking for since release already .....

don't you tihnk u alreeady kill 90% of your player base , due to this defensive meta crap

either kill for honor or give us the damn patch defensive meta patch already .....

jeannedeorleans
06-20-2017, 03:33 PM
They need more DATA

Blasto95
06-20-2017, 03:59 PM
I dont get why people think chip damage will do all that much...especially from a competitive scene.

How many raw heavies are you guys actually throwing out there...People should be parrying most of them. I agree chip damage should be more, but to me, it wont disrupt the defensive meta. It will just make people parry or dodge more instead of safely blocking them.

I played a lot of PK, and I threw out maybe like one raw heavy every 100 attacks. I cant think of anyone else right now, but who besides Zerker is throwing out heavies even just a decent amount of the time.

That_guy44
06-20-2017, 04:06 PM
I played a lot of PK, and I threw out maybe like one raw heavy every 100 attacks. I cant think of anyone else right now, but who besides Zerker is throwing out heavies even just a decent amount of the time.

Centurion

Blasto95
06-20-2017, 04:09 PM
Ya Ive tried him and I did use raw heavies a lot to pin and punch them. But after learning how to fight with and against him, raw heavies became less effective. Still good point more than others. Which I guess brings up another good point lol, everyone is going on and on about nerfing centurion, yet here is another indirect buff for him just like the guard change speed.

MisterGuyMan
06-20-2017, 04:33 PM
Chip damage isn't the answer. The problem is how absolutely useless GB is. If you're going to let defending players GBC a minute after they see the GB land, make GB do *something* even if it's countered. Let it deal damage. Even stamina damage would be a good way to wear down defenders.

Aarpian
06-21-2017, 12:12 PM
I dont get why people think chip damage will do all that much...especially from a competitive scene.

How many raw heavies are you guys actually throwing out there...People should be parrying most of them. I agree chip damage should be more, but to me, it wont disrupt the defensive meta. It will just make people parry or dodge more instead of safely blocking them.

Speaking from a competitive scene - chip damage will do a huge amount. Currently, good players will mix up their feints and light and heavy attacks to try and make it unsafe for you to parry (as you may guess wrong and eat a heavy for your troubles). This results in players just blocking a lot (especially against Berserker, for example), and only going for parries when they get a solid read. That turtle-up-and-wait-for-a-safe-parry tactic will be severely nerfed, and on top of that, it now makes throwing out raw heavies a genuine threat beyond just trying to catch light parry attempts, which then gives players a reason to try and parry heavy attacks more, which gives you more incentive to feint heavies to bait parries etc.

That one change alone would fix most of the meta issues.

Duuklah
06-21-2017, 08:42 PM
I'm on PC and the parries are the real issue. People can regularly parry lights on PC.. It's nearly impossible to land one attack on a person parrying lights. So chip wont even factor in.

I parry more than I block on PC.

Oupyz
06-21-2017, 09:48 PM
Arpian , is there a way u can open up a turtle conqueror who uses only Dodge and Sb ?

and i'am dodging that **** but i cannot get a guardbreak , he's being able to counter it all the time , sb has no recovery time after a fail land ?

class Nobushi

i know she got no opening just would love to ask if she even have a chance to win vs a conqueror :/

UbiNoty
06-22-2017, 12:50 AM
Sorry, I wish I could give you all a hard ETA on when the def meta changes are coming but that's not available just yet. But chip damage and parry changes are on the table for this update so hopefully that answers a few questions.

KokuRou142
06-22-2017, 02:10 AM
Arpian , is there a way u can open up a turtle conqueror who uses only Dodge and Sb ?

and i'am dodging that **** but i cannot get a guardbreak , he's being able to counter it all the time , sb has no recovery time after a fail land ?

class Nobushi

i know she got no opening just would love to ask if she even have a chance to win vs a conqueror :/

Condition the Conq to dodge all attacks. The next one you feint heavy, or feint light using Hidden Stance. If you feint with a heavy and he dodges, that's a free guardbreak and a free heavy > kick > Light Bleed. If you feint with a light using Hidden Stance and he dodges, you get a free R1 that bleeds, or a free Kick > Light Bleed.

I've gone up against a million conquerors who, all they do is Dodge and Shield Bash. Best way to open them up is using Sidewinder. Neutral blocking wont push you back. But to keep yourself super safe, Sidewinder > Backdash with down + X/A. Kills recovery frames on Sidewinder. Or, just go into Cobra Strike from Sidewinder. #1 it kills recovery and goes right into a bleeding R1, #2 Cobra Strike has the same effect with Sidewinder, neutral guarding doesn't knock you back against a Conq.