PDA

View Full Version : ? a connection problem

PikeBishop
04-05-2004, 07:47 AM
I have 1 computer connected to the modem and another computer connected to the first one. They work quite happily as a LAN.
With the second (faster) computer although I can connect with other players through hyperlobby, it will not connect to another players home direct. When I look into the IL2setup. exe file the second computer does not have an IP address box option but the first (slower) computer does. Obviously I would like to be able to connect to individual players as well as through Hyperlobby with the faster computer... could this be the problem and if so any ideas about what I should do??

regards,

SLP
I will check if the slower computer will connect directly.......not had time yet!

PikeBishop
04-05-2004, 07:47 AM
I have 1 computer connected to the modem and another computer connected to the first one. They work quite happily as a LAN.
With the second (faster) computer although I can connect with other players through hyperlobby, it will not connect to another players home direct. When I look into the IL2setup. exe file the second computer does not have an IP address box option but the first (slower) computer does. Obviously I would like to be able to connect to individual players as well as through Hyperlobby with the faster computer... could this be the problem and if so any ideas about what I should do??

regards,

SLP
I will check if the slower computer will connect directly.......not had time yet!

1.JaVA_Razer
04-05-2004, 08:22 AM
Weird I'm running kinda the same setup.

My "gateway"(read: mom's computer) is a
pIII 900mhz
and mine's a AMD 2500+

I'm using a cross-cable to hook both our computers together but I can connect to anny ofd my clanmates directly
No problems there
only problem is,I made some cool missions but deu to the cross I can't host(I can but no one can join)