PDA

View Full Version : How do I go about receiving a refund

AcheesyTURTLE
06-20-2017, 05:22 AM
I bought this game as the digital deluxe edition upon launch. I would like to know how to inquire about a refund. The general direction the game is going, especially the addition of quit penalties, has really soured my taste for the game. I paid as much, if not more, for the game as anyone else and if I decided want to quit a particular match, regardless of when, I should not be punished by not being able to play the game. If I'm not allowed to play, then I'd rather not own the game at all.

Serious replies only. I agree that if the majority of the player base is inclined to like the developers decisions, that's acceptable. This is not the game I payed for and I really just want my money back so I can move on.

AnEnticingSquid
06-20-2017, 07:08 AM
I bought this game as the digital deluxe edition upon launch. I would like to know how to inquire about a refund. The general direction the game is going, especially the addition of quit penalties, has really soured my taste for the game. I paid as much, if not more, for the game as anyone else and if I decided want to quit a particular match, regardless of when, I should not be punished by not being able to play the game. If I'm not allowed to play, then I'd rather not own the game at all.

Serious replies only. I agree that if the majority of the player base is inclined to like the developers decisions, that's acceptable. This is not the game I payed for and I really just want my money back so I can move on.

Invent a time machine, travel back 5 months, assassinate your old self, take his place, don't buy it... I am being serious btw... There is a better chance of that happening than Ubisoft giving your money back... And honestly, as much as I hate them, they are in the right... I'll bet you have 100+ hours into the game. It may be getting old, or taking a direction you don't like but you have got your money's worth... We need to be careful that we don't become the evil we hate so much... Gamers are pretty damn greedy. Games have been $60 since the mid '90s. Their the only product on earth that hasn't risen in price for over 2 decades... Yet the cost of making games and the expectations consumers have for games has skyrocketed... For example, the origional zelda cost around $2 million to make... Breath of the wild cost $200 million! Yet they both cost 60 dollars... And that's not counting inflation... $60 then was the equivalent to $110 now! So in fact, the price of games HAS GONE DOWN in the last 20 years... And yet we expect rich open worlds, impressive cutting edge graphics, detailed and compelling stories, balanced and fun multi-player, and massive replay ability all in ONE game...What's the word? Entitled... That's the one...

guor6800
06-20-2017, 07:53 AM
Invent a time machine, travel back 5 months, assassinate your old self, take his place, don't buy it... I am being serious btw... There is a better chance of that happening than Ubisoft giving your money back... And honestly, as much as I hate them, they are in the right... I'll bet you have 100+ hours into the game. It may be getting old, or taking a direction you don't like but you have got your money's worth... We need to be careful that we don't become the evil we hate so much... Gamers are pretty damn greedy. Games have been $60 since the mid '90s. Their the only product on earth that hasn't risen in price for over 2 decades... Yet the cost of making games and the expectations consumers have for games has skyrocketed... For example, the origional zelda cost around $2 million to make... Breath of the wild cost $200 million! Yet they both cost 60 dollars... And that's not counting inflation... $60 then was the equivalent to $110 now! So in fact, the price of games HAS GONE DOWN in the last 20 years... And yet we expect rich open worlds, impressive cutting edge graphics, detailed and compelling stories, balanced and fun multi-player, and massive replay ability all in ONE game...What's the word? Entitled... That's the one...

Although i mostly agree with your reasoning i expect an online multiplayer game with a $60 price to be able to operate online. I have been a gamer for 15 years. For honor is by far the worst online experience of my life.

DrExtrem
06-20-2017, 08:01 AM
While your idea to travel back in time and take your own place is an interesting idea, I would strongly recommend to not kill your older self - if the 80s teached me one thing, its the problems of time paradoxes and the possible destruction of the universe.

At best, you would be caught in an infinite loop of either playing or not playing for honor. The same five month over and over again.

XxHunterHxX
06-20-2017, 08:43 AM
They relly need to just give AC or Far Cry 5 free for all the people that have for honor coz we ir still w8ing for a working proper game

Knight_Raime
06-20-2017, 08:45 AM

1) You don't get a refund because the product is working as intended. And you were not mislead in anyway.
2) You paying for the game regardless of the amount you played doesn't entitle you anything other than the ability to play it. You should probably actually read terms of service sometime. You have very little rights.
3)By them adding quitting penalties it's not inhibiting your ability to quit. Merely showing that if you don't play along to their rules you're subject to punishment. Just as in America the people have the freedom to do what they want. That doesn't mean they are exempt from punishment.

You're not going to get your money back. Sell it to a local game store or a friend if you really feel getting rid of it will help you move on. Otherwise just shelve it and have the will power to let go like an adult would.

guor6800
06-20-2017, 09:13 AM
1) You don't get a refund because the product is working as intended. And you were not mislead in anyway.
2) You paying for the game regardless of the amount you played doesn't entitle you anything other than the ability to play it. You should probably actually read terms of service sometime. You have very little rights.
3)By them adding quitting penalties it's not inhibiting your ability to quit. Merely showing that if you don't play along to their rules you're subject to punishment. Just as in America the people have the freedom to do what they want. That doesn't mean they are exempt from punishment.

You're not going to get your money back. Sell it to a local game store or a friend if you really feel getting rid of it will help you move on. Otherwise just shelve it and have the will power to let go like an adult would.

What really works as intended? An online multiplayer that has very severe connection problems? Game state is pretty much still in beta stage?

No one gonna take his money back obviously but let's not really fool ourselves saying that this game is fine. It's really far from fine.

Dude_of_Valor
06-20-2017, 09:19 AM
If you bought it as a Disc you can trade it in. Bought it online, well there are no refunds.

Knight_Raime
06-20-2017, 09:24 AM
What really works as intended? An online multiplayer that has very severe connection problems? Game state is pretty much still in beta stage?

No one gonna take his money back obviously but let's not really fool ourselves saying that this game is fine. It's really far from fine.

1) as of the past month i have not been aware of any massive failures regarding match connections. If such a thing has happened please link proof.
2) you calling it a beta is just hyperbolic nonsense.
3) I never once said it couldn't get better. Just pointing out that OP is being entitled and the product is functioning.

guor6800
06-20-2017, 09:39 AM
1) as of the past month i have not been aware of any massive failures regarding match connections. If such a thing has happened please link proof.
2) you calling it a beta is just hyperbolic nonsense.
3) I never once said it couldn't get better. Just pointing out that OP is being entitled and the product is functioning.

You want some proof that the game is not functioning?Forum is full of posts about connectivity issues,errors, end-game freezes,no rewards etc.
Also game in PC is nearly dead.Right now steam counters less than 1000 players.

Aren't those proof enough that the game really isn't really working as promised?

And i haven't said a thing about the horrible matchmaking system or the unbalance there is between champions.

Gray360UK
06-20-2017, 09:49 AM
Just wanted to say a couple of the time travel answers above helped me start my day with a smile, keep up the good work guys ;)

A_Gladiator
06-20-2017, 10:07 AM
Take it as a lesson of life :D and for the future: donīt buy any **** from UBI !:mad:

DrExtrem
06-20-2017, 10:51 AM
Just wanted to say a couple of the time travel answers above helped me start my day with a smile, keep up the good work guys ;)

Great Scott !!!

ONYX_x5
06-20-2017, 12:27 PM
Boycott future purchases from Ubisoft. They took us on several of their latest titles, now it's our turn. DO NOT BUY UBISOFT.

LKBlanka
06-20-2017, 03:04 PM
Thats because games are making more money than 10 years ago. Lets not forget the growing world population either.

FredEx919
06-20-2017, 03:22 PM

The best thing to do would be checking with the original location where you picked up the game. If purchased directly through Ubi, there will be options on the purchase page where you can check the full refund policy and see the options available. Here is a link to the support site on the topic (https://support.ubi.com/en-us/Faqs/000025223/How-do-I-request-a-refund-SHOP). Anywhere else and you'll want to reach out through that location.

Tillo.
06-20-2017, 04:11 PM
Liar.
I pre ordered from the Ubi store, connection problems that we all suffered during beta were the same on February 14th so I requested for a refund that very same day. It was denied because support is the worse thing I've ever encountered, they claim that the product is not defective. As if pauses and game crashing is normal by the year 2017.
4 months after release the problem is still here.

Just don't buy from this awful company ever again.

JibletHunter
06-20-2017, 04:23 PM
A lot of armchair attorneys here. Is it possible to get a refund, even under the existing ToS? yes
Is it likely to happen? no

This is not legal advice and does not serve as the basis of any actual or perceived attorney client relationship.

There was recently a suit against the makers of "No Man's Sky," which was unsuccessful. Granted that suit was based on a lack of content (advertising claims) as opposed to connectivity issues (breach of warranty claims). Essentially all commercial products sold under the UCC include a implied warranty that they will be suitable for the purpose for which they are sold. The issue here would be whether you could show that errors and disconnects were SO PERVASIVE due solely to the fault of Ubisoft (and not other network considerations) that the game essentially stops functioning as a game. No amount of fancy footwork in a user agreement can erase or disclaim this implied warranty, but it is extremely unlikely a court will find that this is not a functioning video game for the purposes of breach of warranty.

Tillo.
06-20-2017, 04:34 PM
3 months ago people were gathering info to see if a class action lawsuit could work.
It won't. This is a recreational product. It is not like a broken TV.

However, if we would have purchased this game from Steam for example, who actually has customer support (not like this awful company) we would have been able to return the game and get a refund within the first hours.

Netcode_err_404
06-20-2017, 04:47 PM
You want some proof that the game is not functioning?Forum is full of posts about connectivity issues,errors, end-game freezes,no rewards etc.
Also game in PC is nearly dead.Right now steam counters less than 1000 players.

Aren't those proof enough that the game really isn't really working as promised?

And i haven't said a thing about the horrible matchmaking system or the unbalance there is between champions.

In your place I would ignore Raime, because he is probably on ubisoft's pay book. Just like the real Knight Raime, ignore him, he won't hurt you.

Knight_Raime
06-20-2017, 06:41 PM
By proof i mean them stating something about a massive outage.
I don't play pc. Is steam the only way players have access to it on pc?
They are in the middle of making the new MM system. it was put off while they were fixing the player vs ai bug.
balance is something that is always going to be tweaked and changed. nothing is ever balanced perfectly.

ShadowStepped
06-20-2017, 10:50 PM
AcheesyTURTLE, you will not be able to get your money back. AnEnticingSquid, i like your rationalization and agree with most of what you said except for him getting his money worth. I would consider my money worth a game that actually works. I mean how many of those 100 hrs your talking about was spent loading or trying to log in or attempting to join another game because you were booted out of the last dozen? I will say though that the time machine thing was fu cking hilarious.Ubisoft truly does not give a shi t how you feel. The only time they actually came together to do something is when players made threats of a black-out. But now, lol , yeah all 10 of us wont play, you guys better fix this sh it. Oh Ubi, if you were an elderly I'd drown you in the bathtub.

Duuklah
06-20-2017, 11:58 PM
If you figure out how to get your money back let me know. Seems like a pipe dream.

if I got my money back I could just move on instead of trying to get my monies worth out of this garbage *** game.

Actually its a good game destroyed by BAD DEVS implementing CANCER and then sitting on a dev stream with a smug *** look denying there are any issues. Take your sweet time Roman! This should be your last job in Development! You should enjoy it while it lasts!

Tillo.
06-21-2017, 01:35 AM
Failure to provide stable online gameplay means the game is broken.
Fact.

AnEnticingSquid
06-21-2017, 03:53 AM
AcheesyTURTLE, you will not be able to get your money back. AnEnticingSquid, i like your rationalization and agree with most of what you said except for him getting his money worth. I would consider my money worth a game that actually works. I mean how many of those 100 hrs your talking about was spent loading or trying to log in or attempting to join another game because you were booted out of the last dozen? I will say though that the time machine thing was fu cking hilarious.Ubisoft truly does not give a shi t how you feel. The only time they actually came together to do something is when players made threats of a black-out. But now, lol , yeah all 10 of us wont play, you guys better fix this sh it. Oh Ubi, if you were an elderly I'd drown you in the bathtub.

HAHAHA! The whole player base has commented on this thread lol. Ok, I can understand your point about the game being barely playable... I guess the only remedy would be waiting a week to buy the game, to make sure it works... But we can't expect Witcher 3 level of games to be the norm... That's like being outraged that every painting isn't the Mona Lisa. Or your car isn't as fast as a bugatti. For Honor is the Ford Pinto of video games... Horrible design, outstanding marketing, even the slightest bump and the whole thing explodes... I would suggest a pillow though personally... Then you can do it while they sleep. No noise that way...

Tillo.
06-21-2017, 06:01 AM
Oh well, another troll.
For Honor is the only game in my entire library that has pauses and crashes.