PDA

View Full Version : Why zone attack on PK doesn't work sometimes - it comes out like Dagger Cancel

Burn-The-Sinner
06-19-2017, 11:27 PM
Why? How many games have i lost thanks to the ******ed programming of this game? Do i have to script this ****? Ubisoft, get rid of the pathetic developers that are responsible for this embarrassingly poor excuse of software. The game has great merits to it, but the ridiculous poor execution takes that away. FIRE THE ******ED DEVELOPERS!

kweassa1
06-20-2017, 02:18 AM
Why? How many games have i lost thanks to the ******ed programming of this game? Do i have to script this ****? Ubisoft, get rid of the pathetic developers that are responsible for this embarrassingly poor excuse of software. The game has great merits to it, but the ridiculous poor execution takes that away. FIRE THE ******ED DEVELOPERS!

...PK ZA's come out fine. Maybe you just have bad control gear, or maybe your game input is not accurate.

When I was a beginner in this game, I used to think the ZA didn't come out right like you, but I realized I was mashing the buttons too hard and too fast. I tried slowing down, and more accurate push of buttons ...and since then, it's worked fine.

Also, it could be a problem with your mouse, if you have a m&k control scheme.

Try not to go fault innocent people about problems that really doesn't sound like their fault at all.

MasterChiefPON
06-20-2017, 02:50 AM
The only way for the zone to cancel into a dagger stab is if you hit your light attack button at the startup of the second and slower part of the zone attack, maybe you are pressing it by accident?

kweassa1
06-20-2017, 03:38 AM
The only way for the zone to cancel into a dagger stab is if you hit your light attack button at the startup of the second and slower part of the zone attack, maybe you are pressing it by accident?

Sounds like a flicker attempt..... hmmmm... :rolleyes:

dragon7jdc
06-20-2017, 07:26 AM
she is tired of spamming it.

DrExtrem
06-20-2017, 07:41 AM
Maybe because of input lag of your controls.

I often have the problem on xbox. I simultaneously press rt and rb and expect a zone attack. Instead, I get either a heavy or light attack. Its basically bad input reading. But its a problem, noty already forwarded to the devs.

And now, my controller is not crap.

Burn-The-Sinner
06-20-2017, 10:58 AM
...PK ZA's come out fine. Maybe you just have bad control gear, or maybe your game input is not accurate.

When I was a beginner in this game, I used to think the ZA didn't come out right like you, but I realized I was mashing the buttons too hard and too fast. I tried slowing down, and more accurate push of buttons ...and since then, it's worked fine.

Also, it could be a problem with your mouse, if you have a m&k control scheme.

Try not to go fault innocent people about problems that really doesn't sound like their fault at all.

Damn it man, that had me laughing :D

Now, i just can't blame a $130 mouse. Just can't. And if we have to consider the "PROPER" way of clicking a ****ing button, then, damn, that is just unreal. Facts are facts: pressing down both buttons ends in entirely different move. And you can't whitewash these developers, that's ridiculous. After all the problems and sorrow in this game, you just can't. Impossible. You're fighting reality with delusions. You come of as one those mothers of serials killers, that will go out on TV and say how her precious son just couldn't have murdered 6 million jews, because he's momma's good boy. :)

Burn-The-Sinner
06-20-2017, 11:01 AM

Absolutely not. No zone attack is coming out at all. Just straight heavy cancel.

Gray360UK
06-20-2017, 11:03 AM
When I was a beginner in this game, I used to think the ZA didn't come out right like you, but I realized I was mashing the buttons too hard and too fast. I tried slowing down, and more accurate push of buttons ...and since then, it's worked fine

This is my experience too. Rep 12 Peacekeeper so trust me, I have used her ZA quite a few times ;)

DrExtrem
06-20-2017, 11:04 AM
Damn it man, that had me laughing :D

Now, i just can't blame a $130 mouse. Just can't. And if we have to consider the "PROPER" way of clicking a ****ing button, then, damn, that is just unreal. Facts are facts: pressing down both buttons ends in entirely different move. And you can't whitewash these developers, that's ridiculous. After all the problems and sorrow in this game, you just can't. Impossible. You're fighting reality with delusions. You come of as one those mothers of serials killers, that will go out on TV and say how her precious son just couldn't have murdered 6 million jews, because he's momma's good boy. :)

Unnecessary and tasteless reference.

MasterChiefPON
06-20-2017, 01:36 PM
Absolutely not. No zone attack is coming out at all. Just straight heavy cancel.

Hmm, I get it. Instead of doing a zone attack you are pressing the heavy button first and then the light button cancels it into a dagger stab. To do the zone attack you have to be precise with your inputs, try your best to do it at the same time unless as kweassa1 said, you are trying to flicker.

Burn-The-Sinner
06-20-2017, 03:36 PM
Hmm, I get it. Instead of doing a zone attack you are pressing the heavy button first and then the light button cancels it into a dagger stab. To do the zone attack you have to be precise with your inputs, try your best to do it at the same time unless as kweassa1 said, you are trying to flicker.

Trust me, i didn't start this game yesterday. I played for a long time. I know the difference. Unless we're talking pico seconds here, i am pressing the damn buttons at the same time. It just sometimes doesn't work. Other people in this thread has observed the same. I don't attempt at flicker, which i have no problems with :p

A similar things happens with centurion. When you are unlocked and running, and if you want to do the zone attack to clear minions, he does his lounging attack instead. A work around this is to first do a flicker - light attack, delay, then do the heavy attack and it comes out as zone attack. Delay is really short. Just try it out in practice...

I suspect it's same case with PK, but can't narrow down the exact conditions.

Please, avoid the 'not pressing both buttons at the same time'. This has happened way to often and i'm aware of my button mashing. I hope.

MasterChiefPON
06-20-2017, 05:16 PM
Trust me, i didn't start this game yesterday. I played for a long time. I know the difference. Unless we're talking pico seconds here, i am pressing the damn buttons at the same time. It just sometimes doesn't work. Other people in this thread has observed the same. I don't attempt at flicker, which i have no problems with :p

A similar things happens with centurion. When you are unlocked and running, and if you want to do the zone attack to clear minions, he does his lounging attack instead. A work around this is to first do a flicker - light attack, delay, then do the heavy attack and it comes out as zone attack. Delay is really short. Just try it out in practice...

I suspect it's same case with PK, but can't narrow down the exact conditions.

Please, avoid the 'not pressing both buttons at the same time'. This has happened way to often and i'm aware of my button mashing. I hope.

Well sorry, it seems like you know what you're doing so there's nothing more than to think it's the game, some time ago I was having some weird issues with some inputs too and nothing worked, I restarted the game, my console, nothing. What fixed it was removing the battery from the controller, waiting 5 minutes and putting it back again. I don't know if you play on PC or console but you could try that.