PDA

View Full Version : someone has to say it

dragon7jdc
06-19-2017, 10:24 PM
It's true that everyoe want to belive that his main hero is the weakest and wanna see him buffed to insanity. but the truth is out of the 14 heros there are only 1 or 2 who really needs more moves. like conq for example. the truth is. every hero has somehing good. i know because i lost to that very technique. you really have to connect with your hero to unleash his potentioal. untill then he will look weak to you. ofcourse cent is a different case. because he has lower recovery time than all the other heros.

warden: good defense and offense. pluse shoulder bash. mixup is needed with SB
conq:excellent defense. poor offense. you need to havily rely on sheild bash
PK: good defense and offense. bleed and fast attacks.
lawbringer: good defense and okay offense. pluse shove makes for a good offense. has a wide tool kit and should be mixed properly to win every fight
cent:best defens in knight faction. best offense in the game so far. wide range of attacks to choose from and very low recovery time between moves.

raider: good defense and offense. a good range of tools to mix up from to ensure victory.
warlord: 3ed best defense. and 2nd best offense. very wide moves to choose from and use to your advantage.
berserker: good defense. great offense. heavy damage. fast dodge attacks and uninterruptables.
valk: good defense and offense. fast attacks. sheild bash. leg sweep

kensei: good defense and offense. good dodge attacks and uninterruptables. fast attacks. long range. havey damage.
shugoki: great defense and offense. heavy damage
orochi: good defense and offenes. have damage of certin attacks. best way to win is by counter-attacking. this is what his tool is designed for. i know because i have only played orochi untile now. other play styles will take longer to finish the battle.
nobushi: good defense and offense. bleed. good range.
shinobi:good defense and offense. fast attacks and unblockable kick.

UbiJurassic
06-19-2017, 11:43 PM
Interesting post, dragon7jdc. There are certainly advantages and disadvantages to every hero and we would all like to see our favorites excel in comparison to the roster. The community as a whole does a great job with identifying potential issues in the balance that requires the team's attention. For example, it's no secret that Centurion is a problem in 4v4 modes (especially more than one) and that Conqueror is in need of some love. Thanks to feedback from the community, both are slated for changes in the near future. We always appreciate the opinions of players that want to let us know here each hero stands in terms of balance. :)

Nexo.C
06-20-2017, 12:59 AM
Conq needs some good lovin'

AKDagriZ
06-20-2017, 01:00 AM
i have a suggestion regarding the conqueror , it could be a good idea to add mix up attack using his shield. He does need more mix up , unfortunatly his weapon does not allow him to do much as it already does

Side not the valkyrie is the only class who can match all others and this is why most people say she is the most balanced hero of for honor.She is the only one who can recover from a miss parry attemp when your enemy feint . I let you find how and why :P :confused:

SnugglesIV
06-20-2017, 05:27 AM
It's true that everyoe want to belive that his main hero is the weakest and wanna see him buffed to insanity. but the truth is out of the 14 heros there are only 1 or 2 who really needs more moves. like conq for example. the truth is. every hero has somehing good. i know because i lost to that very technique. you really have to connect with your hero to unleash his potentioal. untill then he will look weak to you. ofcourse cent is a different case. because he has lower recovery time than all the other heros.

lawbringer: good defense and okay offense. pluse shove makes for a good offense. has a wide tool kit and should be mixed properly to win every fight
cent:best defens in knight faction. best offense in the game so far. wide range of attacks to choose from and very low recovery time between moves.

raider: good defense and offense. a good range of tools to mix up from to ensure victory.
warlord: 3ed best defense. and 2nd best offense. very wide moves to choose from and use to your advantage.
berserker: good defense. great offense. heavy damage. fast dodge attacks and uninterruptables.

kensei: good defense and offense. good dodge attacks and uninterruptables. fast attacks. long range. havey damage.
orochi: good defense and offenes. have damage of certin attacks. best way to win is by counter-attacking. this is what his tool is designed for. i know because i have only played orochi untile now. other play styles will take longer to finish the battle.

Centurion has the best defense? I'm pretty sure that title goes to Conqueror. I'll take superior block, and superior block heavies and lights anyday if I want to be "defensive" over fast lights, decent mixups on heavy attacks and a parry counter.

Miadous
06-20-2017, 05:28 AM
My two mains are the berserker and the valkyrie.

I don't think it should be a free GB just because you block a valkyrie side dodge light attack. Feels like the game is punishing you for not being a turtle. There's no place for an offensive attack around here!! Shame!

Berserker has nothing good. You can literally stare at him and just block. Don't fall for a feint, don't miss a parry attempt (even though you don't need to parry because he has no unblockables like a lot of heroes do), don't get guard broken. Woot woot you will probably win.

Arkhos1988
06-20-2017, 05:31 AM
Kensie has good dmg? Have you ever looked at the numbers, only if your enemy can't even block and he lands a chain which i haven't seen in ages.
The numbers btw: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wwr17AtTDFU3BZY_81axLVMKdHdNZuV0wGOb589VKgc/edit#gid=0

And listing good defens on all chars just is the most ******ed argument i have seen so far

dragon7jdc
06-20-2017, 07:00 AM
ts true. kensei damage is different on different heros. mostly because i only orochi so the damage to my health pool looks big than to a lawbringer for example. about defense. its true since the made the gaurd switch speed lower. every hero can block if he wants to. no hero has weak defens. but some sure have a better one. spend 30 mins in duel practice with your main. and you might discover some wonders.

PDXGorechild
06-20-2017, 09:07 AM
berserker: good defense. great offense. heavy damage. fast dodge attacks and uninterruptables..

Hah! Poor defence, good offence that you can barely use due to having no openers and no unblockables. Small kit that is mostly unusable in duels. Has to rely heavily on feints to even stand a chance against most players who know what they're doing.

I appreciate what you're saying, dragon7jdc, every class does have its strong points which skilled players can bring to bear in big fights. But if you look at which classes are popular, winning the pro tournaments and good for 4v4 and 1v1 matches, it's obvious that some classes are lacking compared to others. Conq, Shugoki, Nobushi, Berserker and Raider could all do with a bit of love.

Oupyz
06-20-2017, 01:28 PM
Conqueror is good , he has an unblockable opener cannot be punished , free gb on heavy attack best defensive tool , he is top with some other classes , he is lame to play but pretty good actually due to the broken defensive meta

conqueror dont need a buff he needs rework

Yoshimitsu_440
06-20-2017, 02:22 PM

I only play orochi and I think u must be high if u think orochi has good attack and "defense" and I loled so hard at "counter-attacker". Orochi has no openers, ****tiest deflect move with ****tiest reward, easiest to parry out of all 4 assassins and all u gotta do is block or parry top and right. I will admit tho, orochi is an amazing noob stomper.

Qarismah
06-20-2017, 02:33 PM
Hmmm... I don't like this list because its misleading. Simply stating "good offense" fails to capture the strengths of the heroes and the list neglects most of their weaknesses entirely. The only hero who's weakness is even mentioned is conquerer, who is arguably one of the stronger heroes. Defense is the way to win right now and his is second to none. His offense may be lacking but all you need to do is learn how to cancel heavies into shield bashes to guarantee some damage.

Other heroes like kensei look like gods by comparison when in actuality they are not. Kensei does have really good damage but he is entirely reliant on his opponent falling for mixups, all of which are reactable. Centurion on the other hand also is mixup dependent but he has way more options than kensei. He also has much more damage potential with his stun/knockdown combos and the ability to charge his heavies makes him virtually unparryable.

It's true that every class has strengths but the issue is that for some classes, there is another with the same strengths and also more.

Blasto95
06-20-2017, 02:50 PM
OP may not be right when trying to describe each heroes strengths and weaknesses, but he has a very good point.

Which heroes are so underpowered that they need a buff desperately like Raider and Kensei did? Plenty of heroes could use a rework in one area or another to make them more competitively viable or just even not boring to play. But for 95% of the player base, every single hero is more than perfectly viable in just about any situation. Until you start parrying every single light attack and mastering all unlock techs and even exploits, only then do you have to worry about which hero might be better than the other. Until that point, the game is 100% skill and does not matter what hero you use.

And this isnt to say every hero is perfect. Clearly they are not, but you could nit pick something from every single hero that needs to be buffed or nerfed. Generally the game is balanced. A lot more than other games.

Yoshimitsu_440
06-20-2017, 04:55 PM

OP may not be right when trying to describe each heroes strengths and weaknesses, but he has a very good point.

Which heroes are so underpowered that they need a buff desperately like Raider and Kensei did? Plenty of heroes could use a rework in one area or another to make them more competitively viable or just even not boring to play. But for 95% of the player base, every single hero is more than perfectly viable in just about any situation. Until you start parrying every single light attack and mastering all unlock techs and even exploits, only then do you have to worry about which hero might be better than the other. Until that point, the game is 100% skill and does not matter what hero you use.

And this isnt to say every hero is perfect. Clearly they are not, but you could nit pick something from every single hero that needs to be buffed or nerfed. Generally the game is balanced. A lot more than other games.

Um just look at orochi, they have been promising us a buff for like over a month

Blasto95
06-20-2017, 05:33 PM
He doesnt need a buff though...even with his limited kit, hes an average hero. People just complain because their main isnt top 5 Meta.

Orochi needs a rework to make him more interesting and less reliant on 2 or 3 moves. He does not need just a straight up buff.

Only hero that desperately need a change in my opinion, is 4v4 centurion. And clearly Ubisoft knows they have to do something with that.

Vingrask
06-20-2017, 06:44 PM
Desperately need a buff? No hero need it right now. All heroes need a game's core defense rework. All!. You Kensei players...

The GAME need to change, and second to Noty they are working on it and have a lot of builds being tested. Any change they do to any hero before that patch go live won't will solve the problems. Kensei now is in a better spot than Berserker (always did in fact) and you don't see me coming here cry about only my hero. I'm saying how the defense need a rework since first month.

dragon7jdc
06-20-2017, 07:22 PM
Intresting guys. tell me. if you think your hero is that bad. how come you have won matches with him. as it luck? cheating ? hacking?
am curious to know

Arkhos1988
06-20-2017, 08:39 PM
God you are ******ed, sure you win some games, due to having bad teamplay in 4v4 or you get people who are new or a lot worse than your self, which only shows that matchmaking is ****.
How about you actually present and argument and not a braindead comment to force your point.

dragon7jdc
06-20-2017, 11:20 PM
God you are ******ed, sure you win some games, due to having bad teamplay in 4v4 or you get people who are new or a lot worse than your self, which only shows that matchmaking is ****.
How about you actually present and argument and not a braindead comment to force your point.

Unlike you bro. am not forcing any point. its my opinion. but no need for bad language. if we all want our heros to have an easy win everytime like centurion then fine go ahead ask for the buffs all you want. but dont pretend that you cant defend with any hero.or parry. sure kensie and Conq have limitied movesets and i hope they give them more. but stop cursng just because i dont agree with you.if you hate losing that much then get better. if its 1v1 or more just get better. if you are on ps4 maybe we can practice together.