PDA

View Full Version : [Suggestion/Idea] Crew & Flag customizable

Jules.Valar
06-19-2017, 08:53 PM
I don't know how you important will be our ship/crew in the game, but I still propose an idea.
It may be good to name our crew, have custom flag and choose our crewmen (and maybe create some PNJ to fill our ship).
Plus a personal flag and name may be super fun for people who play online.

For exemple:
Crew name: 12 Monkeys

Crew flag:
http://i.imgur.com/qM87C9C.jpg

Obviously there will be a lot of monkey in this fellowship.

CulturalLemur
06-19-2017, 10:10 PM
Personally I wouldn't mind customizable flags, but I don't feel like they are necessary.

By the way, did you know that chinese letters on the Gada emblem say "No Owner Squad"? How cool is that?!

https://i.imgur.com/zQW19hE.png

IRISNetwork
06-20-2017, 09:20 AM
Personally I wouldn't mind customizable flags, but I don't feel like they are necessary.

By the way, do you know that chinese letters on the Gada emblem say "No Owner Squad"? How cool is that?!

That is cool! Do we have any idea what it says on Knox's bandanna?

I personally would rather NOT have customisable flags/names/colour etc, i'd rather we have one solid and fleshed out faction, even though all of the potential 'custom factions' might not be 'canon' per-se.

I'd hate to see this Universe bloated with about a million 'Pirate' factions, if anything it makes me as a player feel LESS unique, if you have too many of these options, you run the risk of 1: Having to choose which options/choices/factions/characters are canon, potentially disappointing certain players who chose otherwise, or 2: Watering down the game and it's rich universe by tiptoeing around those choices and options with vague lore and answers.

AND if a bunch of the crew in BGE2 will eventually proceed to settle down/found IRIS in BGE1, I want there to be a solid canon origin for that. So like 'The OG crew of the Gada, settled down on Hillys' not 'The crew of the 'generic team name here', settled down on Hillys'.

Folezicle
06-20-2017, 11:40 AM
I don't know how you important will be our ship/crew in the game, but I still propose an idea.
It may be good to name our crew, have custom flag and choose our crewmen (and maybe create some PNJ to fill our ship).
Plus a personal flag and name may be super fun for people who play online.

The only thing I would like to see from this is choosing your crew (but you still have to go out your way to unlock them and they're not generic characters). I understand the game is online, but as it seems heavily story centric, I wouldn't mind an already named crew with its own back-story and already has a significance in the universe. But that's just my opinion

CulturalLemur
06-20-2017, 04:44 PM
That is cool! Do we have any idea what it says on Knox's bandanna?

I believe it says "fortune", mate :)

IRISNetwork
06-20-2017, 08:15 PM
I believe it says "fortune", mate :)

you the real mvp

Makeiks
06-20-2017, 08:59 PM
Pirates without Jolly Roger are not good pirates. :)
I would really like it if we could customize it, but it does not have to be very complex.

Capn_Sparrow
07-06-2017, 09:13 AM
Join The Alpha Section; and together, WE SHALL OVERCOME!!

https://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/theirisnetwork/images/2/21/Alphasectionarticlelogo.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20131026170053