PDA

View Full Version : Your matchmaking sucks

Dutchie21
06-19-2017, 07:53 PM
Trying to do my daily order for Dominion. 6 games in a row I've joined in progress where the other team has 500-600 point advantage because of rage quit and bots. Thank you Ubi you're the best.

Blasto95
06-19-2017, 08:26 PM
They only join you into a match I believe after 2 minutes has passed and nothing more. The opposing team could easily go up 500-600 points in that time, but that does not guarantee a defeat. Ive joined into games plenty of times with it being a close game or even winning. Just a case of bad luck for you it seems.

Also I'd assume you could quit without any penalty, or can you not quit a match that you joined after the original 30 seconds have passed, but not 30 seconds from you joining?

Dutchie21
06-19-2017, 09:22 PM
I get what you're saying and I've come back from it as well. It's just disheartening having it happen regularly and going into games you clearly can't win. I don't care about stats so I stay in the game and try to win regardless.

UbiJurassic
06-20-2017, 12:02 AM
I get what you're saying and I've come back from it as well. It's just disheartening having it happen regularly and going into games you clearly can't win. I don't care about stats so I stay in the game and try to win regardless.

Thanks for sticking out the battles, warrior. :) I'll see if we have any plans to adjust the join-in-progress timers to reduce the frequency of joining in too late.

Dutchie21
06-20-2017, 01:13 AM
Man just scrap the whole join in progress idea. You want to know how those games end? People join, leave, join, leave. Most of the time it's a solid minute of resyncronizing just for the game to crash. The crappy P2P system can't handle all the connects and disconnects that follow. Not being a jerk I know you have no connection but tell the team to scrap it. If people leave let me play with bots on my team or the other team until it's over. That way I still get experience and steel instead of the game crashing and getting nothing

Nexo.C
06-20-2017, 02:05 AM
Man just scrap the whole join in progress idea. You want to know how those games end? People join, leave, join, leave. Most of the time it's a solid minute of resyncronizing just for the game to crash. The crappy P2P system can't handle all the connects and disconnects that follow. Not being a jerk I know you have no connection but tell the team to scrap it. If people leave let me play with bots on my team or the other team until it's over. That way I still get experience and steel instead of the game crashing and getting nothing
A whole lot of people will probably argue about the Bot thing. But yes, you're right. I also think, join in progress is not a good idea at the moment.

Dutchie21
06-20-2017, 02:10 AM
I know the bots suck. Having them on your team is a guaranteed loss, but at least the game finishes and we get rewards. I'd rather deal with that instead of wasting my time searching for a game and having it crash.

Nexo.C
06-20-2017, 02:11 AM
I know the bots suck. Having them on your team is a guaranteed loss, but at least the game finishes and we get rewards. I'd rather deal with that instead of wasting my time searching for a game and having it crash.
Absolutely.