PDA

View Full Version : Abusing guard break.

Lucifist666
06-19-2017, 06:01 AM
It's just getting out of hand. You know who you are. Outta be ashamed of yourselves. It's a dumb move. It seems to work much better depending on the circumstance. It's lame and if you do it, just know that you're a chump.

Antonioj26
06-19-2017, 06:07 AM
It's just getting out of hand. You know who you are. Outta be ashamed of yourselves. It's a dumb move. It seems to work much better depending on the circumstance. It's lame and if you do it, just know that you're a chump.

Just hit them with a light, it's not hard to cgb anyway. They are giving you a gift, the gift of free damage and stam drain.

Lucifist666
06-19-2017, 06:12 AM
I main nobushi. Easier said the done.

Antonioj26
06-19-2017, 06:19 AM

Not really. You are in a better position than most with your 500ms lights

Moondyne_MC
06-19-2017, 06:36 AM

Lol, then they shouldn't even be close enough to GB spam you in the first place. You only need to block a single attack in order to get your distance back, and if they are close enough to GB then you hit them with a Viper's Retreat.

That_guy44
06-19-2017, 09:12 AM

I used to struggle with cgb. I focused on learning the gb animations of the characters and that helped me out some.

Lucifist666
06-19-2017, 03:33 PM
I am just awful at defending guard break I guess. I don't get it

Antonioj26
06-19-2017, 03:36 PM

Practice makes perfect. I had trouble at first too. If you are on psn I'm happy to spar with you to help you get the timing. Psn: Alyssaa-3

AKDagriZ
06-19-2017, 04:20 PM

when nothing happen ,when you both stare at each other ,your opponent will more likely try to gb you ,if you dodge too much you will get gb , after a heavy blocked most will try the gb .Keep it up ,you will recognize GB attempt situation and you will counter it everytime .if your not good a cgb tap the button twice , it take a lot of practice.GB is not cheap tactic a lot of class rely on this.

Lucifist666
06-19-2017, 04:25 PM
Thanks guys. I'll keep practicing it. I tend to dodge too much, I think that is a big issue for me. I need to learn better defense overall

FredEx919
06-19-2017, 04:40 PM

Already lots of good points here, but keep working on it and you'll get better at defending against it. Once you do, you'll likely run through anyone abusing it without much trouble.

RatedChaotic
06-19-2017, 05:36 PM
My son usually spams gb when hes outta stam. After the first few times cgbing him. I start making him eat light attacks.

When the game was released and when gb was tweaked I spent hours in training doing nothing but cgbing. After that grab a friend and train some more. It helps alot. CGBing is very easy after you spend hours practicing at it.

The elite controller helped aswell.

dragon7jdc
06-19-2017, 10:34 PM
GB spamm is the new meta. and yes people wil;l tell you just CGB or Hit them with a light attack. while its true, its just not gaurnteed everytime. and you cant possible predict their actions 100% all the time. so no there is no real answer to this problem. however you can try to be more agressive and confuse them. hope it helps

Antonioj26
06-19-2017, 10:39 PM
GB spamm is the new meta. and yes people wil;l tell you just CGB or Hit them with a light attack. while its true, its just not gaurnteed everytime. and you cant possible predict their actions 100% all the time. so no there is no real answer to this problem. however you can try to be more agressive and confuse them. hope it helps

it absolutely is not the new meta, nothing has changed to make it the new meta and theres an incredibly easy way to counter it. Theres no penalty for just sitting there CGBing while they continiuously try to GB, all it does is make the guy gbing run out of stamina. He will gain nothing by this and Most people at a certain point will not be hit with raw GB's anymore. When I say that I mean in general, not just within that fight itself. Just on reaction I probably only get hit with a raw GB 5% of the time if I really had to guess and its even less so against someone who keeps trying to GB since it becomes predictable. I'm far from being alone with being able to CGB that frequently.