PDA

View Full Version : Credit to one that deserves it

zugfuhrer
03-13-2004, 10:56 AM
The official publication of the IL2 compare tables gave the structure i needed to plan my dogfight.

Before that I have got an opinion about the aircrafts in the game based on my experience from dogfights and encounters during the last years playing IL2, the initial patch to FB the recent patch.

Many of my way to adapt tactics and behavior against oponent aircraft was wrong according to the IL2 comparesheet.

The last days I have looked at what aircraft I fly and what aircraft I am supposed to meet, and scrutinized if I should turn, outclimb and outspeed my oponent and what altitude I dont shall get above or below. What speed I shall use during turning. At what altitude I shall abort climbing because my oponent is superior.

This gave me the confidence to dare to continue climbing, turning outspeeding and so on.

For the first time my killscore is positive during a longer period. I have killed more than I have got killed.

So I will give credit to the Maddoxteam. It works!!!

When I take consideration to the strength and the weakness of the aircraft I fly and fly against I have been more succesful.

As a result to this I face the fact that in some missions its better to fly cowardly, the aircraft you meet is faster, turn better and climb better, so your only chance is luck, and stay alive.

My conclusion is that if you fly an inferior aircraft, you must be a better pilot, and that is nothing that will give me the Nobelprize ;-)

zugfuhrer
03-13-2004, 10:56 AM
The official publication of the IL2 compare tables gave the structure i needed to plan my dogfight.

Before that I have got an opinion about the aircrafts in the game based on my experience from dogfights and encounters during the last years playing IL2, the initial patch to FB the recent patch.

Many of my way to adapt tactics and behavior against oponent aircraft was wrong according to the IL2 comparesheet.

The last days I have looked at what aircraft I fly and what aircraft I am supposed to meet, and scrutinized if I should turn, outclimb and outspeed my oponent and what altitude I dont shall get above or below. What speed I shall use during turning. At what altitude I shall abort climbing because my oponent is superior.

This gave me the confidence to dare to continue climbing, turning outspeeding and so on.

For the first time my killscore is positive during a longer period. I have killed more than I have got killed.

So I will give credit to the Maddoxteam. It works!!!

When I take consideration to the strength and the weakness of the aircraft I fly and fly against I have been more succesful.

As a result to this I face the fact that in some missions its better to fly cowardly, the aircraft you meet is faster, turn better and climb better, so your only chance is luck, and stay alive.

My conclusion is that if you fly an inferior aircraft, you must be a better pilot, and that is nothing that will give me the Nobelprize ;-)

WWMaxGunz
03-13-2004, 11:18 AM
Some of Erich lives, I see!

Just to save my lazy fingers from a search can you post where the new il2compare is located?

Neal

Takata_
03-13-2004, 11:55 AM
Better to give credit to Youss who made it.
Very usefull tool indeed.
S~
Takata

269GA-Maxmars
03-13-2004, 12:45 PM
Agreed.. IL2Compare is a vital tool for anyone that doesn't have a full year of time to learn the ins and outs of the 100+ planes that are now in the game.

It's not perfect, because it doesn't represent things like roll rate, and doesn't take into account E bleeding (or so I am told), but it's damn good and I have multiple backups of it just because it doesn't have an "official" home on the net.

Hats off to ROSS_Youss for creating it. You rock!

--> A tool like this should really have been included into FB. This game oozes with details and small historical things that only the most in-the-know were aware of, but either you have a life to dedicate to the game, or a tool like Youss' one. The third alternative is being dead meat online.

zugfuhrer
03-13-2004, 01:15 PM
Its sure enough for a start, and enough to get some fixpoints for further development.