PDA

View Full Version : Shugoki 1v1 trouble

That_guy44
06-19-2017, 12:45 AM
I finally got my first win with shugoki on duels. It was against another shugoki but ill take it. I need some tips from you all. My total rep score is 18 so ill probably get my *** whooped alot but i really want to get good with this character. Any help is appreciated.

Dutchie21
06-19-2017, 12:55 AM
Is your armor up? Is he attacking? Guardbreak that b*tch and golf swing him into next week. Or better yet throw him into a wall and give him a hug.

Nah shugo'a kinda weak in 1v1's against most characters. Just use your armor to your advantage as much as possible for trades and guardbreak during their attacks. If there's a wall nearby throw and demons embrace is your best option especially getting that health back demoralizes a lot of people.

Antonioj26
06-19-2017, 01:13 AM
I finally got my first win with shugoki on duels. It was against another shugoki but ill take it. I need some tips from you all. My total rep score is 18 so ill probably get my *** whooped alot but i really want to get good with this character. Any help is appreciated.

Hyper armor at all times, turtle up unless you have it. Try to trade a lot, charged heavy into feint gb can help mix it up. Walls are your friend so try to fight by them. The first hit of the zone comes out relatively fast for decent damage just make sure to cancel the second hit. Record some of your fights and we can critique. You can see me too if you'd like and we can get some friendlies in while I help you learn shugo. Psn alyssaa-3

UbiJurassic
06-19-2017, 02:30 AM
As others have said, Shugoki's hyper armor is a key part to his playstyle. Use it to your advantage to counterattack via a guardbreak or charged heavy when you can. If you back them into a corner, GB and a throw will ensure you can land his Demon's Embrace. Another thing to remember is to try and follow up each of your successful attacks with a headbutt to put yourself at a bit of a better advantage after each attack. Because Shugo's playstyle isn't as actively offense-based as other heroes, don't feel bad if you prime your target for a golf swing and aim them at a conveniently close ledge. It may not be the most honorable strat, but it gets the job done.