PDA

View Full Version : Will there be a For Honor 2?

GladiatorHood
06-18-2017, 11:41 PM
Will there be another for honor after this one, like a series?

Titanodragon
06-18-2017, 11:47 PM
The first one has so many problems. As it stands now I ****ing doubt it

bmason1000
06-18-2017, 11:59 PM
I hope so. Imagine how much more polished a FH2 could be with alllll the feedback, experience, trial and error and what have you that FH1 produced for them. They could always muck it up or transform it in to an entirely different property but i have high hopes.

Baggin_
06-19-2017, 12:00 AM
Probably, it'll be more ironed out too. People tend to forget that it's an ambitious new ip so of course it's gonna have issues. Nobody complaining in this forum could do a better job. It sold well though so I figure they'll probably make another one.

XxHunterHxX
06-19-2017, 02:04 AM
if they do make for honor 2 all the people that have 1 need to ghet it for free i for one will not buy any ubi games im done did you guys see the new AC special edition ? its like 700-800 euros that is just crazy

Titanodragon
06-19-2017, 02:08 AM
Yes this game has sold well. But what amount still play consistently. This has left a bad taste in people's mouths. I just hope they can fix the first one

brashtralas
06-19-2017, 02:27 AM
if they do make for honor 2 all the people that have 1 need to ghet it for free i for one will not buy any ubi games im done did you guys see the new AC special edition ? its like 700-800 euros that is just crazy

Special. Edition.

As in, you don't need it, you want it. You want it? Shell out the dough. You don't? Buy standard.

EDG_Avocado
06-19-2017, 07:05 AM
nope for goner is one game that will not be returning

cragar212
06-19-2017, 07:49 AM
I am 99.9% sure there will be.

Game sold very well 2+million

Ubisoft seems to make sequels of anything that sells well

Think of this as an extended beta. FH2 will be made with dedicated servers once they get it all figured out.

nufrancis
06-19-2017, 07:57 AM

I believe so. My Hypothesis are FH 1 is only prototype for upcoming game by UBI. We can see the evidence from new gameplay, undeveloped hero character, huge hero testing (buffs and nerfs every now and then), newly tested P2P connection, limited game modes, patches every week. If not FH 2 maybe a new title using FH mechanics.

Tyrjo
06-19-2017, 08:45 AM
FH had a successful launch in terms of sales. It is pretty clear people want to play a game like this, if it would work better... The months after the release has been a rough patch though, everyone understand that. It probably hurt the IP (and Ubisoft) a little bit, but if the big dogs at Ubi decide to make a sequel, they have to be 99.99% sure the game is finished. I think they can recover the confidence of the consumers, but dedicated servers, ranked mode, a heap of game modes and hero balancing will be a key. It will HAVE to work.

XxHunterHxX
06-19-2017, 09:46 AM
FH had a successful launch in terms of sales. It is pretty clear people want to play a game like this, if it would work better... The months after the release has been a rough patch though, everyone understand that. It probably hurt the IP (and Ubisoft) a little bit, but if the big dogs at Ubi decide to make a sequel, they have to be 99.99% sure the game is finished. I think they can recover the confidence of the consumers, but dedicated servers, ranked mode, a heap of game modes and hero balancing will be a key. It will HAVE to work.

The only way to regain confidence of the consumers is to give out for honor 2 free + apology for this pice of **** they will fee it when the new games come out and no one will buy them

Wolf-Heathen
06-19-2017, 10:04 AM

That is not how Ubisoft makes games, mate. They set a deadline for the release well before development starts, as well as sales targets that the game has to meet. The game comes out when they say it comes out, ready or not. Then over the course of a year you'll see gradual changes to fix everything that was either a) missing at launch, or b) bugged at launch, all the while trying to monetize the customer with microtransactions. This is how they make their money.

cragar212
06-19-2017, 11:11 AM
That is not how Ubisoft makes games, mate. They set a deadline for the release well before development starts, as well as sales targets that the game has to meet. The game comes out when they say it comes out, ready or not. Then over the course of a year you'll see gradual changes to fix everything that was either a) missing at launch, or b) bugged at launch, all the while trying to monetize the customer with microtransactions. This is how they make their money.

Yuppers, heres horror story of an Ubi employee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrlAQ-AWnQ0&t=306s

WFL_M4sT3R_
06-19-2017, 11:18 AM

I am sure it will, still i really hope some other company will make it

kweassa1
06-19-2017, 11:29 AM

I've mentioned it some other threads, but fighting games all have "fluff players" on launch. The type of players that aren't suited for real fighting games, just see a cool concept/trailer and think "I want that!" and then find out that they really can't adjust to the genre and all, and just give up.

All the famous titles, especially on PC platform where purchase tends to be easier and more compulsive trhough direct-downloads, than compared to consoles which usually require material purchase, suffer the exact same phenomenon. They lose around 50% initial player numbers in the 1st month, and continue to drip out players until it stabilizes at some point where the players left are the players that can actually adapt to a minor genre like fighting games. Even Tekken 7, almost 3 weeks after launch in June 2, has now come down to 50% of its initial player numbers.

Any discussion about playerbase without these facts in check, is simply worthless.

Draghmar
06-19-2017, 02:11 PM
I've mentioned it some other threads, but fighting games all have "fluff players" on launch. The type of players that aren't suited for real fighting games, just see a cool concept/trailer and think "I want that!" and then find out that they really can't adjust to the genre and all, and just give up.
[...]
Any discussion about playerbase without these facts in check, is simply worthless.
If you're so eager to mentioned that then please add one thing: FH is not in fighting game genre. At least not what you consider a fight game. It's a hybrid. It have more then 1v1 and even have objective based mode. The game uses some aspects of typical fighting games but have also others.
So "any discussion about playerbase [or anything regarding FH for that matter - ed. me] without these facts in check, is simply worthless".

Gray360UK
06-19-2017, 02:13 PM
Has there been a Rainbow 6 Siege 2?

There is your answer I think.

SirCorrino
06-19-2017, 02:17 PM
I want another dev team to take the concept of For Honor and apply it to the Warhammer Fantasy universe. A team that is capable of balancing in a reasonable amount of time and does not put out extremely broken heroes, knowing full well they were broken at release and then wait over a month to fix the issues.

Illyrian_King
06-19-2017, 08:40 PM
Please with a fine Siege Mode :rolleyes:

Treborgmint
08-15-2017, 10:50 PM
OK so the first game for me was a bit disappointing, I loved the system they used, no complaints on that, but first they killed the main villain in the first story, the other bad thing was only 1 faction actually kills her instead of the idea of the knights story, the knight kills her, the Viking story then the Viking would kill her and the same idea for the samurai and the actual stories to be longer, other problem was the online pvp was limited to 4v4 instead of a bigger pvp, I think they missed out on a huge opportunity one a mmo with this game you imagine an open world where u choose one faction to fight for and you have to choose 1 of the 4 characters from that faction and then that is it that is who you are unless u create another character, the main villain in the center of the map for pve content and a story inside the pvp world like most mmo open worlds do, like a lotro or a swtor or neverwinter, incorporate a mining system to upgrade youre gear, horses for travel, the world I imagine for this game would be incredible but no they made the online part of the game really suck and I felt like the story was a bit poorly written as the main villain is now dead.

VinDieseII69
08-15-2017, 10:55 PM
I wish they make it a 6v6 match instead of 4

Oculus_442
11-17-2017, 05:35 PM
[QUOTE=Draghmar;12722215]FH is not in fighting game genre. At least not what you consider a fight game.

Let's be honest, just because it's not in the genre doesn't necessarily mean it isn't a fighting game. You think it isn't a fighting game because it has objective modes? and a 4v4 elimination game mode? This is just the beginning of a new generation of fighting games, ones that take place on a larger scale and have more to offer than your traditional MK or Tekken. You're probably one of the "fluff" players that other guy was talking about.

Stahlrusse
11-17-2017, 06:31 PM
I don't know what other people do but I fight in For Honor.

Kane.Lives
11-17-2017, 06:56 PM
Yeah it would be best if we had another For Honor game soon, one that certainly will be bought by many people (again) before its release...

kbvlcvfkhgc
11-17-2017, 08:35 PM
For Honor is an amazing game, an ambitious game and unlike anything I've ever seen before, does it frustrate me? you bet, many a time have i flung the controller across the living room in a rage, many a time i have struggled to understand Ubisofts bizarre design choices and inability to respond to major issues (Centurion, Matchmaking etc) but all that being said i know if a FH 2 came out i would definitely buy it, there's just nothing else like it,

just being honest.

Wes8504
11-17-2017, 08:51 PM
With them working on transitioning over to dedicated servers, they have to be planning for Year 2 content. You don't dedicate that much money and resources to switching from a P2P networking system to a dedicated server networking system this late in the game's life if you don't plan on extending the life of the game. They are probably going to use a model similar to R6: Siege and have Year 2 content that you can buy a season pass for, or just buy the new characters with in game currency if you don't want to spend real money.