PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion about damage model

ohadbx
06-20-2004, 09:07 AM
We all know the fine and complex damage model of FB, which allows specific contoles or control surfaces to be disabled.
But how about going one step further? Mt suggestion is making the planes go out of control.
Meaning- you are going down on an enemy plane in a high-speed chase. you release a burst on his wing- he rolls over and slams into the ground.

we have similiar things today- wings coming off or pilots bailing out leads (usualy) to the same effect- but I think this will look very cool as well, and it doesnt sound too complex.
I would really like to hear other players and the developers opinions on this.

ohadbx
06-20-2004, 09:07 AM
We all know the fine and complex damage model of FB, which allows specific contoles or control surfaces to be disabled.
But how about going one step further? Mt suggestion is making the planes go out of control.
Meaning- you are going down on an enemy plane in a high-speed chase. you release a burst on his wing- he rolls over and slams into the ground.

we have similiar things today- wings coming off or pilots bailing out leads (usualy) to the same effect- but I think this will look very cool as well, and it doesnt sound too complex.
I would really like to hear other players and the developers opinions on this.

stef51
06-20-2004, 01:55 PM
It does happen with the AI I think. You need rookies or average. Sometimes you fire at them and they lose control...

Stef

http://www3.sympatico.ca/sbmel/avatar.jpg

"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."