PDA

View Full Version : Hey devs centrion is bad in 1v1

A4einboy
06-18-2017, 07:16 PM
Hello devs i like using centrion and not many times is there more than one in a match . But he is very bad in 1v1 hes so that people dodge him easy . Please help the centrion win more 1v1 fights

Knight_Raime
06-18-2017, 07:56 PM
I wouldn't say he's bad in 1v1. He's at the top of B tier. which is where a majority of people exist in this game.
To be a good centurion in 1v1 you need to master a few things:
1) light parrying.
2) his soft feint game. (charged heavy then press GB without letting go of your charge)
3) using the environment to your advantage.

If you can light parry consistently you're going to get 60 damage everytime.
his soft feint game is how you can mix things up and get more damage in.
and the environment is still a really good way to rack up stamina damage and actual damage. far as I know you can still harass someone just as much if you get them in a corner as if the nerf didn't happen.

Though due to the centurion not having any reliable way in on someone, his lights being neigh useless, and his quick throw being actually useless he struggles against competent players in 1v1.
And I do think he needs buffs to fix that.

XxHunterHxX
06-18-2017, 08:21 PM
Yes please buff the centurion give hem 999999999999999999999999999999999 hp 1 hit kill and a zone atack that will 1 shot us in 360 degree please ubi do it

Epoqx
06-18-2017, 11:03 PM
Yes please buff the centurion give hem 999999999999999999999999999999999 hp 1 hit kill and a zone atack that will 1 shot us in 360 degree please ubi do it

God damnit, i never, ever saw at least one constructive post from you. Each time i see your name, i'm expected to read negative and without any arguments thaughts, and each time, it is the case.

You are the perfect example of these kind of people killing games.

DrExtrem
06-18-2017, 11:20 PM
He might not be top tier in 1on1 situations on PC.

On console however, he is stronger. His heavy cancel into GB is bad enough and should not even exist. The parry window on his charged heavies is also pretty short and difficult to memorize - other heavy strikes can be partied on their indicators. With his cancel into GB, you can burn an enemies stamina with ease, forcing the enemy into passivity.

Dizzy4213
06-18-2017, 11:27 PM
Centurion is far from bad in 1v1. Sure he's not the best, but he's at least upper mid-tier.

Although if Centurion decides to turtle, he may as well be God.

Centurion needs some nerfs and fixes to his tracking, before you can even think about buffing him. In my opinion, I don't see why he needs buffing. He's not as bad as Kensei and Berserker. As I said previously, if Centurion decides to turtle he's damn near unstoppable, but that's another issue altogether. Personally, I think he could do with a bit of a kit rework to fit more inline with his hero description. Right now, he's possess the best CC and disabling moves in the game which completely go against his hero description. I know someone is going to tell me not to take them seriously, but if Ubi decides to include specific hero classes/descriptions, then the hero should at least fit them. You don't have a "tank class" in an RPG game with the health of a Mage now do you? So why can Centurion disable other heroes better than the heroes who are classed as Disablers?

GladiatorHood
06-18-2017, 11:40 PM
Yall just crying cause of the centurion, adapt kids

UbiJurassic
06-19-2017, 12:15 AM
We know that there is a difference between how strong Centurion is in 1v1 and how strong he is in 4v4. We are looking at changes to him for a future patch, but were are trying to ensure that these changes will address the primary concerns with his 4v4 power and not leave him lifeless in 1v1.

Arkhos1988
06-19-2017, 12:25 AM
Yall just crying cause of the centurion, adapt kids
Look, a get gud tard. Probably a centurion main who is happy that he now can win without skill.

Enough atention for that tard, now as for centurion. As long as the turtlemeta exists he will be cancer if the player can at least somehwat block and has 2 brian cells left.
Also even if we nerf him we would still have the Lawbringers and Warlords turtle till end of time. The turtlemeta needs to go and i mean next 2 weeks or so, we can already see less and less posts in forum... this shows teh decline of the playerbase drasticly. After the death of the turtle everything might play out a lot diffrent, so then we will see if this authistic noobclass is still op or just 2. rate trash like their players.

MasterChiefPON
06-19-2017, 12:29 AM
I think the problem with Centurion's balance is that you have opposite poles. In one of them, his tools are not that good because his kick is not hard to dodge and his tools are not that hard to react to once you get used to them (charged heavy into gb still gets me because I don't encounter a lot of good Centurions, but I see it as my fault) and in the opposite side you have a Centurion that gets a lot of damage from a heavy parry if you got a wall near especially with his new zone unlock tech, and a Centurion whos light parries give a **** ton of free damage and once again with more damage than intended because of his zone unlock.

I think that Centurion could use a buff and a nerf at the same time. A nerf to his abiliy to get that kind of free damage from parries. The turtle meta patch is going to indirectly nerf one, because if it takes away gb from heavy parry then it takes away the Centurion insane wall punish and for the other one they have to take away the guaranteed charged heavy from a light parry and give him a regular heavy, then fix that unlock unparriable zone, once he doesn't get that kind of insane damage from turtling, buff Centurion to make him better in 1v1.

AKDagriZ
06-19-2017, 12:33 AM
he is op even in duel .one mistake and you lost the whole round , 90% health gone, no stamina remain and no possibility to regen your stamina .If the centurion you playing with has a minimum blocking and parrying skill your done in 15 second.
I do believe i am a decent player but i cant do nothing against the centurion even if i am more and more getting to know his moveset.
he have the crushing counter on parrying that get him going
he have a feint heavy into a gb ,if the gb success he get going with is insane unblockable unreactable combo.
If you parry his unblockable and drain his stamina he doesn't fall on his back.

I simply refuse to fight him .I just had my first match of the day with this centurion ,and i ragequit willing to get that 10 minute penalty.Now im done with this centurion , everytime i will meet one i will use the 30 second granted to leave.
sorry but today is the day i had enough.Who seriously want to fight one sided battle ?

Antonioj26
06-19-2017, 12:46 AM
he is op even in duel .one mistake and you lost the whole round , 90% health gone, no stamina remain and no possibility to regen your stamina .If the centurion you playing with has a minimum blocking and parrying skill your done in 15 second.
I do believe i am a decent player but i cant do nothing against the centurion even if i am more and more getting to know his moveset.
he have the crushing counter on parrying that get him going
he have a feint heavy into a gb ,if the gb success he get going with is insane unblockable unreactable combo.
If you parry his unblockable and drain his stamina he doesn't fall on his back.

I simply refuse to fight him .I just had my first match of the day with this centurion ,and i ragequit willing to get that 10 minute penalty.Now im done with this centurion , everytime i will meet one i will use the 30 second granted to leave.
sorry but today is the day i have enough.Who seriously want to fight one sided battle with no mistake opportunity ?

This is what I mean when it's hyperbole when people talk about cent. Unless you are shin you do not lose 90% of your Heath.

The most damage he can do is 75 from a light parry with a relatively new tech that was just discovered. Some claim it's 85 but I've yet to see any videos that prove that, I've tested it myself and got 75 each time. Before that it was 60 damage. Yes that's a lot, way more than it should be either way but that's not 90% of anyone's health. You can get your stamina back though, yes it can be tough against cent but when you are focused strictly on defending yourself centurion can easily be kept at arms length long enough for you to get it back.

Yes he needs adjustments but we don't need to be making up stuff or exaggerating. It does no good.

SirCorrino
06-19-2017, 12:47 AM
We know that there is a difference between how strong Centurion is in 1v1 and how strong he is in 4v4. We are looking at changes to him for a future patch, but were are trying to ensure that these changes will address the primary concerns with his 4v4 power and not leave him lifeless in 1v1.

It's commendable that you try this, Jurassic. But unless you have a fix coming in the next few days, the time for that is past and you simply have to bite the bullet and nerf him even if that leaves him weak in 1v1. His 1v1 viability just isn't worth the effect he is having on 4v4 in his current state. He needs to be nerfed now, not in a few weeks. You've had a month to figure this out, if you haven't done it yet you're not going to. So just nerf him and then buff him back up to playable later via incremental changes.

He honestly should not have been released like this. I'm not sure if your internal testers are just bad at their job, or if their feedback wasn't listened to by those they report to, but the state he was released in is inexcusable. And the time you have taken to fix him just as much. The time to nerf him was two weeks ago, not in 2 weeks.

Pasan90
06-19-2017, 01:15 AM
The game has taken a turn for the worse after season 2. And centurion and shinobi being so out of touch with the rest of the cast is a big reason for that. I can have a fantastic mindgame fight vs a high level warden and then que up for another duel and go vs a centurion and its just terrible. Even if i win its no fun at all and what makes for honor fun as a fighting game is gone.

Also how will getting rid of free gb after parry solve the turtle meta? People will just block more instead of going for parries. Feinting is what makes the game interesting. (And of course, feinting vs a centurion is not a great strategy as his heavy attack hits you before you can capitalize on the feint half the time. Vs cent you are railroaded into a dodge guessing game where the cent has the advantage.)

Antonioj26
06-19-2017, 01:23 AM
The game has taken a turn for the worse after season 2. And centurion and shinobi being so out of touch with the rest of the cast is a big reason for that. I can have a fantastic mindgame fight vs a high level warden and then que up for another duel and go vs a centurion and its just terrible. Even if i win its no fun at all and what makes for honor fun as a fighting game is gone.

Also how will getting rid of free gb after parry solve the turtle meta? People will just block more instead of going for parries. Feinting is what makes the game interesting. (And of course, feinting vs a centurion is not a great strategy as his heavy attack hits you before you can capitalize on the feint half the time. Vs cent you are railroaded into a dodge guessing game where the cent has the advantage.)

You can't win fights by only blocking, the turtle meta is strong because of the rewards vs the risk in parrying. On PC I've heard that it's not uncommon for people to know how to parry 40% of the time for lights. So out of five lights 2 will get parried. If we look at a warden parrying kenseis lights which are a bit stronger than usual the warden will come out on by 20 damage. Kensei will get 60 from 3 lights and warden can get 80 from two light parries.

brashtralas
06-19-2017, 01:37 AM
Listen, people, it really doesn't matter if he's overpowered, underpowered, or completely balanced. He has to change, without doubt.

Why?

Because he simply is not fun to fight against. He takes control away from the player(until the opponents death for some heroes), and doing so only takes one mistake from his opponents.

Balance takes a backseat to fun, and its apparent that many do not find fighting him fun. The number of people that leave any time there are more than one centurion in a match is telling.

This is just my opinion, but I believe it happens to be the opinion of the masses, as well.

AKDagriZ
06-19-2017, 02:39 AM
This is what I mean when it's hyperbole when people talk about cent. Unless you are shin you do not lose 90% of your Heath.

The most damage he can do is 75 from a light parry with a relatively new tech that was just discovered. Some claim it's 85 but I've yet to see any videos that prove that, I've tested it myself and got 75 each time. Before that it was 60 damage. Yes that's a lot, way more than it should be either way but that's not 90% of anyone's health. You can get your stamina back though, yes it can be tough against cent but when you are focused strictly on defending yourself centurion can easily be kept at arms length long enough for you to get it back.

Yes he needs adjustments but we don't need to be making up stuff or exaggerating. It does no good.

to be honest i don't know how much health he deal.dodging away to try to regen your stam while he try to kick you over and over is not fun.Most centurion are bad regardless and focus on his unreactable attacks ,So yes ,when they meet decent player they got rough up and believe centurion is not that good(he have a small health pool).
What nice with for honor is the sword fighting system iron to iron ,reactable mechanic to almost anything , the mind game etc... It is not the case when you fight with him

Everytime i fight with a centurion ,i make a one mistake and come the blows ,orange flash ,non reactable ...i sit still behind my screen and shout ''here we go...'' take a deep breath and wait for the storm to end.What nice is after he folded you in a can , he walk away ,you'd think its time to counter after that devastating 2-3 second of non sense ,but you are out of stamina ! or if you still have little stamina he is too far.

everytime i ask to myself , i am decent player i know that , what happen to new players or the casual for honor player who try to learn their class and enjoy the game but have to deal with centurion ?
how a new player have the chance to learn his class in a real for honor fight if he have to deal with Centurion ?

Antonioj26
06-19-2017, 02:57 AM
to be honest i don't know how much health he deal.dodging away to try to regen your stam while he try to kick you over and over is not fun.Most centurion are bad regardless and focus on his unreactable attacks ,So yes ,when they meet decent player they got rough up and believe centurion is not that good(he have a small health pool).
What nice with for honor is the sword fighting system iron to iron ,reactable mechanic to almost anything , the mind game etc... It is not the case when you fight with him

Everytime i fight with a centurion ,i make a one mistake and come the blows ,orange flash ,non reactable ...i sit still behind my screen and shout ''here we go...'' take a deep breath and wait for the storm to end.What nice is after he folded you in a can , he walk away ,you'd think its time to counter after that devastating 2-3 second of non sense ,but you are out of stamina ! or if you still have little stamina he is too far.

everytime i ask to myself , i am decent player i know that , what happen to new players or the casual for honor player who try to learn their class and enjoy the game but have to deal with centurion ?
how a new player have the chance to learn his class in a real for honor fight if he have to deal with Centurion ?

Yeah this is something I've thought about a lot more often lately. The casual player. I can't imagine facing a centurion being fun to face at all for someone who has little experience, he's completely different than the others and can continue his barrage of attacks with seemingly little repercussions from the average player. While maybe the top 35-25% may have little trouble with him the majority are getting stomped out and changing the game in a way that's unhealthy for the community.

nufrancis
06-19-2017, 05:40 AM
God damnit, i never, ever saw at least one constructive post from you. Each time i see your name, i'm expected to read negative and without any arguments thaughts, and each time, it is the case.

You are the perfect example of these kind of people killing games.

That's why his name is Eviler also plus his Avatar. He was born for trolling, but it is fun though to read his reply full of sarcasm comedy.

Draghmar
06-19-2017, 09:25 AM
He honestly should not have been released like this. I'm not sure if your internal testers are just bad at their job, or if their feedback wasn't listened to by those they report to, but the state he was released in is inexcusable. And the time you have taken to fix him just as much. The time to nerf him was two weeks ago, not in 2 weeks.
Actually Roman admitted on the live stream that they knew Cent will cause issues. So they knew what to expect and they released even so. Probably because of deadlines.

I must agree that even though Cent is not OP in 1v1 there is no fun in fighting against him. I can win with Cent as much as with other classes but more and more I have this urge to just quit when I see Cent...It is really bad game design to take away control over the character for too long. And he is doing just that.

Dude_of_Valor
06-19-2017, 09:43 AM
Whenever I see a Centurion in a duel my initial thought is 'okay here we go again!'

That said I am starting to find reliable ways to beat him, but this is with a Warden or Conqueror and the main way I beat him is dodge into SB.

Trying to exhaust a Centurions stamina is a good way to go about your business but this means you need to be:

a) be good at dodging,
b) have a character that can do something after a dodge
c) play defence

Ultimately though it can be really unfun to play against such a character (and for me the shinobi is the same). It is extremely poor design to have a character with such a wide range of move sets, unblockable attacks and punishes, and ability to take over ones character.

I get this game is a slower fighting game than others, and that playing defence is king (and is what draw me into the game, that it was not button mashing) but Centurion was not the answer.

SirCorrino
06-19-2017, 02:03 PM
Actually Roman admitted on the live stream that they knew Cent will cause issues. So they knew what to expect and they released even so. Probably because of deadlines.

I must agree that even though Cent is not OP in 1v1 there is no fun in fighting against him. I can win with Cent as much as with other classes but more and more I have this urge to just quit when I see Cent...It is really bad game design to take away control over the character for too long. And he is doing just that.

That's even worse. So they knew ahead of time, still went with the ******** 'we need more data' excuse, and still haven't come up with a good way of nerfing him?

This is why you have multiple characters in development at once guys, so that if you have issues with one you can delay that one and finish up another instead.

Draghmar
06-19-2017, 02:15 PM
This is why you have multiple characters in development at once guys, so that if you have issues with one you can delay that one and finish up another instead.
It's not that simple. I'm pretty sure they have many classes in development even before the initial release. But they have deadlines and plans. Like they said there going to be Season 2 with new classes after the Season 1 will end. They have some buffer there (what was it? two weeks?) but they have to deliver that because they promised. And by promised I mean PR promise. Where if you fail you will get bad PR that will impact income.
So they probably have to make hard choices here and there.

SirCorrino
06-19-2017, 02:18 PM
It's not that simple. I'm pretty sure they have many classes in development even before the initial release. But they have deadlines and plans. Like they said there going to be Season 2 with new classes after the Season 1 will end. They have some buffer there (what was it? two weeks?) but they have to deliver that because they promised. And by promised I mean PR promise. Where if you fail you will get bad PR that will impact income.
So they probably have to make hard choices here and there.

Sure, but then they should have been able to come up with some nerfs for him in the month since release. If they haven't they really need to hire new designers to deal with balance.

At this point they just have to bite the bullet and nerf him into oblivion in 4v4 to for the good of the game as a whole. And then slowly buff him back up to usefulness in 1v1. Anything else will just cause the game to keep draining players.

Shakti.
06-19-2017, 02:31 PM
How this thread even exist?
I'm curious what class do you consider broken in 1 v 1 then?
Centurion has the most otpion and mechanic vaiety in the game.
Oh w8 I'm sick of this. Buff Centurion please everybody is having a great time dealing with it.

Draghmar
06-19-2017, 02:45 PM
Sure, but then they should have been able to come up with some nerfs for him in the month since release. If they haven't they really need to hire new designers to deal with balance.

At this point they just have to bite the bullet and nerf him into oblivion in 4v4 to for the good of the game as a whole. And then slowly buff him back up to usefulness in 1v1. Anything else will just cause the game to keep draining players.
They said that they have problem with Cent because of difference between 1v1 and 4v4. Nerfing so it would be better in 4v4 can cause lowering his viability in 1v1. I think their main problem is that don't have enough data (lol) and by that I mean not what they say from time to time about waiting for the data but the exact data they can get. Everything they said so far shows that all they have is K/D and win ratio for the classes and their levels. But they lack info about how exactly each match was fought. How exactly Cent fought, what moves he used and what was reaction to them etc. It's called telemetry and it's hard to get it in game...especially when there is no central server during match.

LordRockinghamm
06-19-2017, 03:06 PM
Vortex beyond belief. Not good in one v one? Foh. Yeah his kick is easy to dodge but if he hits with it one time you one time you can count yourself on the ground with half your health gone and no stamina. Or sucked into a vortex of unblockable gaurd break bulls**t thrown into a wall and molested until you die. Not good in one v one. Absurd.

Antonioj26
06-19-2017, 03:21 PM
Vortex beyond belief. Not good in one v one? Foh. Yeah his kick is easy to dodge but if he hits with it one time you one time you can count yourself on the ground with half your health gone and no stamina. Or sucked into a vortex of unblockable gaurd break bulls**t thrown into a wall and molested until you die. Not good in one v one. Absurd.

warden is the only one with a vortex, unblockable doesnt mean vortex. The only guaranteed damage from a kick is 12 damage from a light attack and you do not get knocked down on the ground. All guard breaks are unblockable, thats why its called a guard break.

dragon7jdc
06-19-2017, 10:46 PM
Hello devs i like using centrion and not many times is there more than one in a match . But he is very bad in 1v1 hes so that people dodge him easy . Please help the centrion win more 1v1 fights

This is not a GIT GUT responde to your post. i congratulate you for finding your main. your next step is to play him more. with every day you will notice that you are getting better.i honestly beleive cent is the best hero in terms of defense and offense. trust me once you become better with him. you wont lose in 1v1 anymore. i know this because i main orochi and i have more wins than losses with. so imagine any other hero with a great tools and moveset. you should know i have been playing orochi only since open beta. its only since last monthe that started wining more than losing. it will take time to get better with any hero. but if that doesnt sound like a good answer to you. then maybe they should buff him.

Vakris_One
06-19-2017, 11:06 PM
You just don't know how to play him. Learn how to play him instead of asking for insta win from the devs. The Centurion is one of the most oppressive characters in a 1v1 if played right.