PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for the anti-turtle meta

Haemmerst0rm
06-18-2017, 03:16 PM
Dear Ubi

I want to give you some suggestions about the change on parries:

- Remove the parry options on assassins and buff their deflects. Their deflects functions the same as parries and they are giving quite the same reward as a normal parry. Deflects and parries were supposed to be hard to perform. This might be an interesting change so we don't face turtling peacekeepers, turtling orochis and turtling shinobis anymore.

- Some heroes has special parry follow ups like warlord, centurion and lawbringer. Maybe it would be a fine addition if you could add some special parry follow-ups for the other heroes (except the assassins, because assassins are fast but they dont have much armor due to their quickness and their weapons are technically seen fragile in real like for to parry like as exaple orochi sword versus a hard stell warden longsword).

- When you parry someone, they only should be rewarded with a light attack (or, like i said above, with special parry follow-ups). A guardbreak after a parry is too strong in its current state.

- Make the parry and deflect timing shorter so we have a feeling that those moves are hard to perform and once it succeeds, we are then happy to punish them.

I hope you can forward this to the dev? :)

Thanks

Mia.Nora
06-18-2017, 03:22 PM
Dear Ubi
- Remove the parry options on assassins and buff their deflects. Their deflects functions the same as parries and they are giving quite the same reward as a normal parry. Deflects and parries were supposed to be hard to perform. This might be an interesting change so we don't face turtling peacekeepers, turtling orochis and turtling shinobis anymore.

You can cancel parry if enemy turns out to be feinting. How do you cancel deflect? Oh right free GB with no CGB option for the guy facing assassin.

No assassin would even attempt deflects in above mid tier play since it is a death sentence vs feints.

Tatsumaru.
06-19-2017, 03:55 AM
Hello! Happy to see other people discussing this topic. I currently have a thread going covering the same issue;

Ubisoft Forum - http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1690222-How-to-fix-Defensive-Meta-Broken-Game-Mechancis?p=12718779#post12718779

Reddit -
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/6hv1de/how_to_fix_defensive_meta_broken_game_mechanics/