PDA

View Full Version : Centurion fix ideas

Baggin_
06-18-2017, 01:38 PM
To start I want to say he shouldn't be able to knock anyone down whose not out of stamina. His fully charged punch should just knock you back and stun you. Second his feints should cost more stam and his kick should cost more stam (about half i would say) but connecting with the kick should deal more stam damage to his opponent.

XxHunterHxX
06-18-2017, 01:43 PM
He has high dmg/fast atacks/stun/high stamina/he can combo you out of stamina or down to out of stamina +1 hp bar left the caracter is so broken its not evenfunny

what they need is to

1.Nerf his stamina pool its waYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY to much
2.Make his atacks do less dmg
3.Make it so you cant combo a guy so much once you ghet it he might as well just give up and let you kill hem its stupid
4.His zone atack should only be 2 atacks with less dmg
5.Kick consumes lots of stamina so he cant spamm it all day long in 4 v 4
6.If you ghet kicked by 1 centurion in 4 v 4 and another one kicks you should not count as a stamina drain

the list is so long you might as well just remove the caracter that's how broken he is

Baggin_
06-18-2017, 01:51 PM
He has high dmg/fast atacks/stun/high stamina/he can combo you out of stamina or down to out of stamina +1 hp bar left the caracter is so broken its not evenfunny

what they need is to

3.Make it so you cant combo a guy so much once you ghet it he might as well just give up and let you kill hem its stupid
6.If you ghet kicked by 1 centurion in 4 v 4 and another one kicks you should not count as a stamina drain

the list is so long you might as well just remove the caracter that's how broken he is

He's not that bad to fight against. My main problem is the fact he can knock you down. I don't think he should be able to if you're not out of stam. Once knocked down you're pretty much dead because he jumps on you and his team mates just heavy you.

GladiatorHood
06-18-2017, 01:57 PM

what they need is to

Its funny how i see u comment on every centurion topic trying to get him down, lol loser

XxHunterHxX
06-18-2017, 02:09 PM
Its funny how i see u comment on every centurion topic trying to get him down, lol loser

and reported

Gastgrinder
06-18-2017, 03:10 PM
and reported

well done :D

Antonioj26
06-18-2017, 04:10 PM

what they need is to

1. true
2. his attacks already do low damage. His heavies do the lowest damage tied with valk and conq, and his lights on average are also very low. The problem is he has too much confirmed damage
3. this isn't the case. Every move he makes after an intial attack can be defended against and often punished
4. this would be a buff if you only made it two hits since the third is a easy parry with out unlock tech. probably should do less damage though
5. his stamina just needs to be reduced, its already 25 stamina per kick
6. maybe, but it wouldn't really make sense to do this to only one character. If two conqs were shield bashing you the stam drain wouldn't change, so if they did that to cent they probably should with everyone.

SirCorrino
06-18-2017, 04:16 PM
Some of my suggestions for fixing him from a previous post:

Quick band-aid fixes to Dominion:

- Remove jab follow-up from blocked attacks.
- Remove jab knockdown except against OOS targets
- Remove pin effect from charged heavy against targets in Revenge
- The recovery frames from Eagle's Talon can no longer be interrupted by taking damage, it will continue through any hits except knockdowns/backs. Alternatively, if the Cent is knocked out of his recovery his target immediately stands up with a 1s all-guard + immunity for CC.
- Eagle's Talon should not extend the time target spends on the ground.
- Reduce the stamina drain of all his attacks by 50%.

Make these changes immediately and he stops being a problem in 4v4. If he becomes too weak give him small, incremental buffs. But his 1v1 viability is not worth ruining 4v4 for everyone else.

Claudius_Katt
06-18-2017, 05:50 PM

- The recovery frames from Eagle's Talon can no longer be interrupted by taking damage, it will continue through any hits except knockdowns/backs. Alternatively, if the Cent is knocked out of his recovery his target immediately stands up with a 1s all-guard + immunity for CC.

Make these changes immediately and he stops being a problem in 4v4. If he becomes too weak give him small, incremental buffs. But his 1v1 viability is not worth ruining 4v4 for everyone else.

This sounds very reasonable but regardless something really needs to happen ASAP.
Especially since dominion is/was the most played game mode,
I fall into the camp that feels there is minimal issues with Centurion but even I am beggining to think the character is getting out of control.
Even the bots are toxic to play against if they group up.

Knight_Raime
06-18-2017, 06:04 PM
To start I want to say he shouldn't be able to knock anyone down whose not out of stamina. His fully charged punch should just knock you back and stun you. Second his feints should cost more stam and his kick should cost more stam (about half i would say) but connecting with the kick should deal more stam damage to his opponent.

I don't really agree with these changes. His whole kit is actually sub par compared to others. The way he gets damage (against decent players) is by putting those players into situations where they can't do something back. I.E a wall stun, his pin combo, a light parry combo, and his parry follow up. Making it harder for him to knock someone down in general is just going to hurt his kit far too much.
I don't know what centurions you fight. But centurion's hard feint doesn't see much use due to it's weird timing. You can't reliably hard feint and follow up with a light after. And there are just some attacks you'd eat trying to parry off of a hard feint.

His kick costs comparable stamina compared to other unblockable bashes. If the problem is kick spam here it's better just to reduce the amount of stam damage it does and reducing the stun effect. Both only occuring if the opponent is being repeatedly kicked in a short period of time.

he's UP in 1v1 and only over tuned in 4v4 due to hero stacking. Adding diminishing returns to his attacks if spammed would address the issue in 4v4.

Knight_Raime
06-18-2017, 06:10 PM

~No. Uncharged jab does nothing really. And is pretty punishable. If the jab was guarenteed on block i'd agree. but it's not.
~As I explained to the OP confirmed damage is the only way he gets damage on decent players. If they made knocking down harder his standard damage would need to be brought up to compensate.
~No. Revenge just needs to offer either CC immunity for the first half of the duration or reduce the effects of CC some what during the entire thing. Meaning you'd recover faster.
~I really don't think this is needed tbh.
~not sure what you mean by that.
~50% is over kill.

the 4v4 situation would be fixed if they changed how revenge is earned and it behaves. And if diminishing returns were added to spammed attacks.
What you're doing would be hitting him too hard. and some of those would directly impact his 1v1/2v2 game more than i'd be comfortable with.

SirCorrino
06-18-2017, 06:22 PM
~No. Uncharged jab does nothing really. And is pretty punishable. If the jab was guarenteed on block i'd agree. but it's not.
~As I explained to the OP confirmed damage is the only way he gets damage on decent players. If they made knocking down harder his standard damage would need to be brought up to compensate.
~No. Revenge just needs to offer either CC immunity for the first half of the duration or reduce the effects of CC some what during the entire thing. Meaning you'd recover faster.
~I really don't think this is needed tbh.
~not sure what you mean by that.
~50% is over kill.

the 4v4 situation would be fixed if they changed how revenge is earned and it behaves. And if diminishing returns were added to spammed attacks.
What you're doing would be hitting him too hard. and some of those would directly impact his 1v1/2v2 game more than i'd be comfortable with.

- It's to make it so that when you're fighting multiple people he can't just do a quick heavy and then charge up a jab while you're busy blocking or parrying someone else.
- Sucks to be him I guess, plenty of other characters have a hard time confirming even a single light attack.
- I can agree with that, provided it's full immunity to ALL CC for the full duration.
- Not the most important thing, so eh
- When he hits you while you're down you spend about an extra second before standing up (unless he hits you while you're standing up). Since you don't start standing up until after he gets off you again. This should change so that you stand up with the normal timing no matter when he hits you. This is especially noticeable if multiple Cent's hits you one after the other.
- No, it's really not.

And yes, I am intentionally hitting him hard, even in 1v1/2v2. His viability there is not worth keeping him in this state in 4v4. It's better to remove the issue in 4v4 and then gradually buff him back up for 1v1/2v2.

Shakti.
06-18-2017, 06:28 PM
- Remove pin from jump atk
- The punch can be chained only after a hit not a block or remove stun from punch
- reduce heavy dmg by 5
- alla atks cost a bit more stamina especially kick and unblockables.

Knight_Raime
06-18-2017, 06:34 PM
- It's to make it so that when you're fighting multiple people he can't just do a quick heavy and then charge up a jab while you're busy blocking or parrying someone else.
- Sucks to be him I guess, plenty of other characters have a hard time confirming even a single light attack.
- I can agree with that, provided it's full immunity to ALL CC for the full duration.
- Not the most important thing, so eh
- When he hits you while you're down you spend about an extra second before standing up (unless he hits you while you're standing up). Since you don't start standing up until after he gets off you again. This should change so that you stand up with the normal timing no matter when he hits you. This is especially noticeable if multiple Cent's hits you one after the other.
- No, it's really not.

And yes, I am intentionally hitting him hard, even in 1v1/2v2. His viability there is not worth keeping him in this state in 4v4. It's better to remove the issue in 4v4 and then gradually buff him back up for 1v1/2v2.

~By that logic we should just not allow a lawbringer to long arm you why you're blocking or parrying someone else. Or allow a valk to sweep you while you block or parry someone else. Or allow the warden to shoulder bash you while you block or parry someone else. etc. 4v4 is about team work. Being forced into a situation where you have to pick one or the other to deal with is a big part of this. if you could as a single player fend off both attempts that would be a major imbalance.

~That's not a valid reason to make someone worse.

~I could only agree to full CC immunity if you didn't get any extra attack or reduced damage taken while in revenge.

~oh interesting. I guess they could change that so the timing is consistent.

~it really is. As explained before he really sucks at getting in and actually doing damage on his own. Putting you out of stamina is when he can actually do things on his own.

annnd you've lost me. My solutions address his 4v4 problem without hurting him in 2v2 and 1v1. and developers are aiming for that. That's why it took forever for LB to be changed because they wanted to make him better in 1v1 and 2v2 without buffing him much if at all in 4v4. If you actually want your feedback to be considered valuable you can't have that kind of approach. you just can't.

SirCorrino
06-18-2017, 06:39 PM
annnd you've lost me. My solutions address his 4v4 problem without hurting him in 2v2 and 1v1. and developers are aiming for that. That's why it took forever for LB to be changed because they wanted to make him better in 1v1 and 2v2 without buffing him much if at all in 4v4. If you actually want your feedback to be considered valuable you can't have that kind of approach. you just can't.

Well, every day they don't do something they're driving people away. At this point an emergency fix is absolutely 100% needed to make 4v4 enjoyable again for the majority of players. If that includes making him worse in 1v1, so be it. If they can do it without making him worse in 1v1, great. But they're running out of time, the proper time to address this was 2 weeks ago, not in 2 weeks.

Antonioj26
06-18-2017, 06:42 PM
- Remove pin from jump atk
- The punch can be chained only after a hit not a block or remove stun from punch
- reduce heavy dmg by 5
- alla atks cost a bit more stamina especially kick and unblockables.

What do you mean pin from jump attack? You mean when his opponent is on the ground?

Probably should remove the stun from punch

Terrible idea to reduce his heavy damage it's already tied for the lowest, he should have at least enough to execute on a gb

They just need to make his stam pool the same as everyone elses, that's an easier fix than just changing the values on all of his attacks

Knight_Raime
06-18-2017, 06:43 PM
Well, every day they don't do something they're driving people away. At this point an emergency fix is absolutely 100% needed to make 4v4 enjoyable again for the majority of players. If that includes making him worse in 1v1, so be it. If they can do it without making him worse in 1v1, great. But they're running out of time, the proper time to address this was 2 weeks ago, not in 2 weeks.

I'd rather we potentially suffer perm damage to the player base if it means the fix is a smart fix that takes awhile.
Than rush something out that can potentially make things far far worse.

Baggin_
06-18-2017, 11:39 PM
I don't really agree with these changes. His whole kit is actually sub par compared to others. The way he gets damage (against decent players) is by putting those players into situations where they can't do something back. I.E a wall stun, his pin combo, a light parry combo, and his parry follow up. Making it harder for him to knock someone down in general is just going to hurt his kit far too much.
I don't know what centurions you fight. But centurion's hard feint doesn't see much use due to it's weird timing. You can't reliably hard feint and follow up with a light after. And there are just some attacks you'd eat trying to parry off of a hard feint.

His kick costs comparable stamina compared to other unblockable bashes. If the problem is kick spam here it's better just to reduce the amount of stam damage it does and reducing the stun effect. Both only occuring if the opponent is being repeatedly kicked in a short period of time.

he's UP in 1v1 and only over tuned in 4v4 due to hero stacking. Adding diminishing returns to his attacks if spammed would address the issue in 4v4.

I want to like cent, but the whole knockdown thing is really Op. The knockdown should only take effect when OOS. Don't get me wrong the move is cool and I don't want it removed, but getting punished that badly for missing one parry is way too extreme. If they changed nothing else except that about him, then he'd be ok in my book. Plus it'd be way more rewarding to land the move this way as it's too easy and too powerful to land and also he'd still be the only one who can use his unblockable to knock you down when OOS.